What, No Premier League Thread?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's as if they thought: Hey, we'll stay up regardless of the result here so let's let City celebrate! :wink:

But seriously, just giving the ball to your opponent after kick-off is weird.

it is weird... i think it's more a case of QPR relaxing once they knew they were safe and city being as desperate as desperate can be.

so i'll blame bolton.

Kenny Dalglish leaves Liverpool manager's post, from bbc sports page

Oh dear, looks like kenny's lost his crown, can't say I'll miss seeing miserable sour faced T**t!!!!!

On Monday evening citeh, rightly celebrated their title win with city centre parade, and just to prove he's got as much class, as he has loyalty, Quasimodo's uglier twin held up a message to SAF, roll on next May, he who laughs last.... mind you, he'll probably have buggared off by then!

Didier Drogba, what a motherfuckin' legend

4-3 Chelsea wins Champions League in penalty shootout

Probably!

They're like the 2006 Cardinals team that won the World Series. Running on the fumes of a good stretch of players, and....wait, what just happened?

Does raise questions about the strength of all the teams that lost to them, though, no?

Probably!

They're like the 2006 Cardinals team that won the World Series. Running on the fumes of a good stretch of players, and....wait, what just happened?

Does raise questions about the strength of all the teams that lost to them, though, no?

Eh, Barca and Bayern both carved up Chelsea's defense pretty good, and I'd expect Barca and Bayern both to win the majority of the time in rematches.

It's not as if either of them "deserved" to beat Chelsea, though -- they have nobody to blame but themselves for bricking their penalties, hitting goalposts, etc.

Eh, Barca and Bayern both carved up Chelsea's defense pretty good, and I'd expect Barca and Bayern both to win the majority of the time in rematches.

It's not as if either of them "deserved" to beat Chelsea, though -- they have nobody to blame but themselves for bricking their penalties, hitting goalposts, etc.

Yeah, I definitely agree with all that- B&B had the skill to generate a ton of chances, yet inexplicably ended up being horrible with them, while Chelsea took full advantage of the few options available. I understand why other people will be grumpy that Chelsea somehow spent 300 minutes pirouetting on the brink of disaster, yet no one else was able to give them the slight tip over. :shrug:

I'm going to try to follow the EPL a bit closer this year.

Glory glory United. :lol:

new place this year, so I'm hoping to get better internet reception and better internet streaming ability. My enthusiasm for Chelsea was dampened slightly by them pretty much winning their entire offseason shopping list, but we'll see what happens as the season develops.

Completely besides the Premier League, how about that US win in Mexico? First time in 75 years. The point isn't whether the US was lucky to have Tim Howard, god-like diety in GK, it's that they're good enough to take advantage of what was there....

Can't believe Rangers-gate received no coverage here. Sure, no Australian gives a fuck about Scottish soccer, but it's a massive story. Scarcely believable.

They have to start over at the bottom level, right? It's ridiculous that no one figured out the league would suffer on TV w/out them

Div 3, so it'll be at least three years before they're back in premier league. But it's fair. They owe millions and I think they folded and then reformed to get out of the hole they were in.

It just proves how much of a joke Scottish soccer is. Celtic will win the next three titles by fucking miles.

Do they keep all the players still?

Interesting to see United have signed RVP. Haven't really kept track of the gunners movements in the off season. I'm sure they'll sign a decent replacement. Hopefully opens the door for the Reds to finish in the four. :wink:

cobl04 said:
Div 3, so it'll be at least three years before they're back in premier league. But it's fair. They owe millions and I think they folded and then reformed to get out of the hole they were in.

It just proves how much of a joke Scottish soccer is. Celtic will win the next three titles by fucking miles.

It's hilarious! Always has been a joke that league, and just as the rest of the leagues were starting to become as bad, Rangers go to shit and turn the top flight into a one-horse race! Why bother having a sporting league at all when there is such anti-competitive inequity?!

Though I shouldn't be laughing too hard, Scotland beat us in a friendly the other day :(

intedomine said:
It's hilarious! Always has been a joke that league, and just as the rest of the leagues were starting to become as bad, Rangers go to shit and turn the top flight into a one-horse race! Why bother having a sporting league at all when there is such anti-competitive inequity?!

Though I shouldn't be laughing too hard, Scotland beat us in a friendly the other day :(

Mind you, Darlington are worse off. A very amazing story, relegated like 4 divisions below Conference, due to being fucked financial. This for a club whose dodgy owner built a 25,000 seater stadium for them in the aim of getting them into the English top flight. I feel for the fans. And a beautiful stadium, Feethams was left in ruin while they played 10 seasons or so at the white elephant.

I think the biggest crowd they got was 11,000. That's not even half full!

Money is killing domestic leagues. Why the hell do Manure need van Persie?!

Arsenal dominate possession (esp. with Santi Cazorla), launch 23 shots, can't score. Never woulda expected that.

I've decided I'm going to watch EPL games, and try and pick a team (not one of the big four)...I can be bought/bribed

I like West Ham and Aston Villa's jerseys...leaning to one. Maybe whoever wins between them today will win my support.

PA-7847692.jpg

I've decided I'm going to watch EPL games, and try and pick a team (not one of the big four)...I can be bought/bribed

I like West Ham and Aston Villa's jerseys...leaning to one. Maybe whoever wins between them today will win my support.

That's pretty much what I'm going by. Thinking of going with Everton. Their jerseys look dope.

That's pretty much what I'm going by. Thinking of going with Everton. Their jerseys look dope.

Everton's a solid team, and they're a favorite of a lot of new American fans because of Timmy Howard (and perhaps partially because of Landon Donovan's brief loan spell two years ago). They always fight hard and have great team spirit, but I've never been able to get into them because they just don't have very eye-catching players (other than the hedgehog sitting atop Marouane Fellaini's head) or a distinctive style of play.

Back
Top Bottom