What if someone on the team you root for shares the same last name?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it ok?

• Yes

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Now I find people who get the jersey of their favorite sports team personalized with their own last name to be the lowest form of scum on the earth. Every time i see one of them I just want to go and punch them in the face. This practice should never, ever be allowed, and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That said... what if someone on your favorite sports team shares the same last name as you... is it okay to get that person's jersey?

It's OK if it's on your team (I share the last name of multiple Philly athletes, though I don't own their jerseys). That said, I know a guy named Orton who is a Dallas fan (that's bad enough) who occasionally wears a Kyle Orton jersey. That's worse than any scenario I can think of.

only if the person was pretty passionate about that player. if it's an excuse to have the team jersey with your name on it then no. so yes but with that caveat I guess.

I agree about the own name on jerseys being terrible. earlier this year as part of an award thing at work they gave Leafs jerseys personalized with our last names and the number 1. they're absolutely awful and it's shoved in the bottom of a closet somewhere - they should have asked us what players name we wanted instead if they were doing that :down:

The only jersey with my name on it would have been the one I would have had as a professional football player. That knee injury took it all away. :wink:

Hey, I had a great year in 7th grade...ok?

And I bought a Cubs jersey this summer...with no name. Like I'd buy a friggin Soriano jersey.

Well I did get a jersey from a guy who shared my last name (Baby Doc when he played for Miami), never had anyone with my name play locally except for a different spelling with Greg Minor on the Celts.
At any rate, I bought the shirt strictly cause of the name matching mine and I'd say its more than kosher. I don't think the Orton thing is a bad scenario, especially with a far from common last name.

I think I just inherently don't like he's a Cowboys fan more than anything.

I would say more about the opportunities with my name, but I don't give away that kind of information to untrustworthy heathens like yourselves.

I guess Jaromir Jagr is as close as I'll get, but it's the wrong city, wrong spelling, and an extremely far fetched pronunciation.

But no, I don't think it's a good idea at all.

It would be rare to see my name on the back of a jersey, so, maybe.

The only athlete I have seen with my last name was a male ice skater from sweden. He's not likely to wear a jersey.

Yeah, it's cool. My last name is actually Gbaja-Biamila and I wore that Packers jersey around for a few years.

would you wear his sparkley leotard?

Kristoffer%20Berntsson%20Nordic2004%20FS%20CGR%20202_0242.jpg

I've decided it's only okay if it's two sizes too big and you wear it to the mall while the team isn't even in season.

Well I did get a jersey from a guy who shared my last name (Baby Doc when he played for Miami), never had anyone with my name play locally except for a different spelling with Greg Minor on the Celts.
At any rate, I bought the shirt strictly cause of the name matching mine and I'd say its more than kosher. I don't think the Orton thing is a bad scenario, especially with a far from common last name.

hewson.jpg

The player who shares my last name on the Eagles pisses me off, so I'd never get his jersey.

Maybe if they got a good guy with that name. Maybe.

The player who shares my last name on the Eagles pisses me off, so I'd never get his jersey.

That doesn't narrow it down any :angry:

Apparently only two professional athletes have my last name, one's a Zimbabwean rugby player and the other is a pro surfer. I'm sure there's probably an Irishman in some minor league with my last name, but not in North America it seems.

It's ok if you get the player's actual jersey with their number. If you get a personalized jersey with the player/your last name but put your own number on it you are a tool. My brother and I make a game of seeing how many people have jerseys with their last name at Tiger's games. It is always an alarmingly large number. :doh:

Now I find people who get the jersey of their favorite sports team personalized with their own last name to be the lowest form of scum on the earth. Every time i see one of them I just want to go and punch them in the face. This practice should never, ever be allowed, and should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

That said... what if someone on your favorite sports team shares the same last name as you... is it okay to get that person's jersey?

I don't think you have to worry about that headache. I can't imagine there are a lot of players with the last name Shitforbrains.

Oh snap.

There is a Hall of Famer with my last name. I met him twice. The first time was at a baseball card show, and he was signing autographs....I was like 8, and I went up to his table and told him that we had the same last name.....then I asked him if he was Jewish....he's not.

There is a Hall of Famer with my last name. I met him twice. The first time was at a baseball card show, and he was signing autographs....I was like 8, and I went up to his table and told him that we had the same last name.....then I asked him if he was Jewish....he's not.
Rod Carew? :wink:

The only professional athlete that I can think of that shares my last name used to play for the Eagles. He's retired now.

I know who both of these are. I feel so special.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom