We're FOOTBALL crazy, We're FOOTBALL Mad, the FOOTBALL's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love: :love:

y'all better believe i'm going to be pro-australian and annoying as hell when SAf rolls around :D

I'm gonna be anti-England during Saf '10. Always fun....

Messi > Cronaldo

Easy.

I saw Messi play for Argy against us 2 years ago. Gee, he's good.

Can't say i'd be dissappointed if the argies don't make it. although i'd rather Portugal have fucked things up :angry:

Portugal won't win it anyway as they seem to have stopped breeding strikers.

I fully expect Spain to win the World Cup. any team that can leave the likes of Fabregas and Xabi Alonso on the bench are going to have a decent shot at winning the thing. Barcelona's number 1 keeper for the last 5 years can't even make the bench for christs sake!

Don't think Spain will 'do a Spain' and completely fuck up?

Last world cup I had 50 clams on a Spain v Czech Republic final. It was 400 to 1. Obviously Aussie tab had no fucking idea what they were doing beacuse if your name wasn't Brazil or Italy, you weren't on the cards. When you looked at the draws, it was only barely possible that Italy and Brazil could meet in the final. Spain and Czech Republic (who were ranked 3 in the world at the time, and had a gun side) were on opposite sides of the draw and if they hadn't of both choked, they could easily have met in the final.

20,000 clams down the drain

Always worth putting a few bob on the final prior to the tournament. Never know who could make it.

One of these days we're gonna get a massive surprise packed make the final. South Korea (who were unlucky against Germany) and Turkey were only one win away from Yokohama in '02.

Good to see one big team out from Europe, the Czech Republic. Was hoping Portugal would follow suit, but that last tie against Malta was pretty cruisy, and Sweden and the improving Hungarian side couldn't maintain consistency. Hopefully Bosnia-Herzagovina upset a big gun like France or someone in the two-leggers.

Uruguay vs ArgentinA.....not long now.

USA striker Charlie Davies was severely injured in a car accident Tuesday (wasn't driving). One passenger was killed, and Davies is going to be out for a long time. :sad:

Below is a picture of part of the car.
otherhalfofSUV.jpg

shit. He is very lucky to be alive. My friend was in an accident like that and she was in a coma for a month. Wish hi all the best

Geez, that's nasty......good luck to him.

On a paradoxical note, Dario Silva, the Uruguayan striker who tore Australia to shreds in the Montevideo leg in 2001, and who plied his trade with some decent European clubs, is apparently attracting interest from a few MLS clubs.

Why is this important? Well he hasn't played in 3 years after losing his leg in a car accident in '06, and apparently, he's been showing some startling form with his prosthetic in some games in Uruguay, that he is attracting interest, despite what he's been through! Good luck to him.

and i'm not even a soccer fan really :lol:

we beat oman 1-0, but sheezus, unconvincingly. someone is going to have to prop up tim cahill for the next 20 years.

European playoff draw is on monday. Russia, Greece, France and Portugal are seeded. I'll be actively supporting anyone who draws portugal :applaud:

and i'm not even a soccer fan really :lol:

we beat oman 1-0, but sheezus, unconvincingly. someone is going to have to prop up tim cahill for the next 20 years.

Was a wicked match with fair atmosphere, thank fuck that Docklands scum finally brought the seats in after about 6 or 7 years of non-use, after claiming that they were unable to move them anymore because the system which allowed them to do it was broken. Dickheads. What a joke of a stadium...

nice to see chelsea lose
and even better when liverpool lose haha - quality goal off the beach ball

Come on you gunners!

that beach ball goal was hilarious. liverpool looked shocking yesterday. i thought they might struggle a bit without gerrard and torres but not to that extent. sunderland could have had 3 or 4 easily.

fucking loved it yesterday beating chelsea, we always seem to do well against them :D

:up: Respect for Benitez, most top flight gaffers (Ferguson, Wenger, Redknapp, O'Neill among others) would have a good ol' whinge about how the goal shouldn't have been counted. Benitez just accepted unfortunate luck....

Not worried as a chelsea fan. Lamps, Terry and Cole have had a massive schedule lately, they were flat, and played like it. They are still the best team around when it clicks, and they should still clean up the title.

How bad are Liverpool going??? Beach ball goal was hilarious! Given it was one of their own fans makes it even better

ha yeah i watched that game earlier. not the first time dida has fucked up on the big stage either. milan deserved the win, they played really well in the second half.

we beat the scum, we beat the scum!

Johnny Evans is a criminal.

Wayne Rooney is the man evolution forgot.

Ryan Giggs stole all the chest hair.

woooo

Back
Top Bottom