We're FOOTBALL crazy, We're FOOTBALL Mad, the FOOTBALL's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
just wanted to say.. i've always bagged soccer, and i still don't really like it that much, and it pales in comparison to our football, but my god, after watching some american "football"... what a shocking excuse for a sport that is.

just wanted to say.. i've always bagged soccer, and i still don't really like it that much, and it pales in comparison to our football, but my god, after watching some american "football"... what a shocking excuse for a sport that is.

i've never watched an aussie rules match. my friend said it's a very simplistic sport though.

whilst i quite enjoy playing it, watching basketball on tv is enough to send me into a coma :down:

:sad:

What a shock. Poor Enke, he must have really been hurting ever since his daughter died. He only played for Hanover 96 a day before he died or something. This is very, very sad.

awful news

-------------------
AND come on Ireland!
and New Zealand this weekend!

Arsenal will win the title - saw them last week, amazing!

Arsenal will win the title - saw them last week, amazing!

They are playing well at the moment, unfortunately next month they have to face the team that utterly dominated them in both matches last year.....

article-0-027C1BB0000005DC-379_468x397.jpg

:cool:

All the best, gonna be massive, it's making news over here as well.

Just glad that we made it as well. Wouldn't have felt right us missing out, and you qualifying, especially after we moved into Asia and everything.

Exciting night lies ahead in Africa and Europe as well. Especially in Africa. We need another debutant, c'mon Gabon. And c'mon Bosnia and Ireland.

very well taken goal to have new zealand up 1-0 at half time. probably should be more. bahrain are playing a very pretty but ultimately toothless game. new zealand need to keep pushing it forward in the air to find a second goal which should come quite easily and we're through.

mental crowd down in wellington too. i turned down a ticket for this game, doh!

well done NZ
i'm going there on holiday next month

i'll pass my congratulations on in person to all the Kiwi's

Wow, New Zealand in the World Cup, remarkable. Would have preferred Bahrain, but fair fair effort....good stuff...

Biggest result from WcQ's last night was in Africa. Staggering end to Group C. Look at the fucker!

Algeria 6 4 1 1 9 4 +5 13

Egypt 6 4 1 1 9 4 +5 13

Remarkable, and their head to head record is identical too at 3 goals a piece. That said, if the away goals rule came into their head-to-head record, the Pharoahs would be through. But it doesn't, so now we have a playoff in neutral territory later this week in Sudan. C'mon AlgeriA.

Shit results from Europe though, hopefully the Bosnians can do something miraculous at home and overcome the Portugese.

And we're lookin pretty good for Qatar '11 after last nights come from behind win against Oman and their funny lookin' gaffer:

leRoy.jpg

i'm no plastic paddy but feel really sorry for them tonight. i actually can't believe the way henry celebrated that goal when he knew exactly what he'd done. lost a lot of respect for him tonight.

Back
Top Bottom