Vancouver Olympics - Part II - ATTENTION: SPOILERS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Kim Yu-Na is amazing.

Canadians are so good at hockey, you'd almost think they invented the game.

Olympics are fun.

Please continue...

american-flag.jpg

U - S - A!.....U - S - A!.....U - S - A!

The womens skating final was one of the rare times it seems everyone in the top 6 got exactly the placement they deserve. :up:

you know what i find funny?

that commercial with Michael J. Fox, Ryan Reynolds, Kim Cattrall, and all them. the commercial where they talk about how wonderful B.C. is and they show all that glorious scenery with wine country and orcas?

their speaking bits were so obviously filmed in front of a green screen in LA that it makes me giggle a bit.

The womens skating final was one of the rare times it seems everyone in the top 6 got exactly the placement they deserve. :up:

I'd say yes, except stupid NBC never showed the long program of the Finnish gal who came in at 6th place! Think she moved up from 10th place and was actually 4th in the long program, beating Miki Ando and Mirai Nagasu.

Kim Yu-Na was a beast!

I'm not quite sure how I'm expected to work today with the US Men's Hockey team playing in the semis at noon. Thankfully the bosses are all gone so I guess I won't have to work. :wink:

Also, I am going to go through serious withdrawals after this weekend. Damn you Olympics! On the plus side, I will get more sleep.

I'd say yes, except stupid NBC never showed the long program of the Finnish gal who came in at 6th place! Think she moved up from 10th place and was actually 4th in the long program, beating Miki Ando and Mirai Nagasu.

Kim Yu-Na was a beast!

Was she the skater who came in 5th? That was SO BIZARRE. They mentioned Rachael was in second, but didn't say who was in first - then of course you saw her name when they flashed the standings, and then at the end with the final standings, they skipped over #6!

WTF, NBC? Rude.

I'm so pleased with the results. Yu-Nam Kim was amazing. I felt really bad for Mao Asada - she makes history with TWO triple axels, and she still can't beat Yu-Na. Mirai was soooo good - I was wondering if she'd slip into third place, but glad Joannie got the bronze.

And yay for Rachael - she's not my favorite skater, but she skated a great program and was clearly so proud of herself, and rightly so.

Also, is her name Yu-Na Kim, or Kim Yu-Na? And why was the arena announcer pronouncing it "Ya-Na" last night at the medal ceremony?

If Slovakia beat Canada tonight in Hockey, that would be totally fucked up. If the US lost to the Finns, no one would give a rat's ass. (Well, I would and I'm sure others too.) Obviously, NBC wants Canada/US for the Gold. Those ratings would be off the chart. I'm looking forward to today's games. :hyper:

The Canadian chickies should have taken their celebration party elsewhere, but they should be allowed in the Closing Ceremonies. Next time skip the stogies. Mega gross.

Kim Yu-Na was a beast!

I was watching an online feed of the skating finals because I am on the west coast and couldn't handle the 3-hour tape delay - (Bulgarian TV rocks!) - there were a few exciting performances in the second-to-last group and I was so looking forward to seeing them on the "big screen" later - was so bummed that NBC didn't show them. (And yes, very uncool that NBC didn't even mention that Laura Lepisto finished 6th).

Anyway, last night reminded me of why I used to love figure skating so much - fantastic night. I saw Kim Yu-Na win Worlds last year in LA, and after seeing the reaction of the Korean fans there, can only imagine the pressure she is under - amazing. (And boy does that woman fly across the ice - she's like a rocket [a gorgeous, ethereal rocket]).

Oh, and that dude in the medals ceremony butchered a lot of names - I mean, you're handing out freakin' Olympic medals, learn to say their damn names.

you know what i find funny?

that commercial with Michael J. Fox, Ryan Reynolds, Kim Cattrall, and all them. the commercial where they talk about how wonderful B.C. is and they show all that glorious scenery with wine country and orcas?

their speaking bits were so obviously filmed in front of a green screen in LA that it makes me giggle a bit.

Prior to that commercial I had no idea Kim Cattrall is Canadian or English for that matter. I had to wiki her biography and found out all sorts of tid bits about her life.

Skating last night was beautiful! :applaud: As someone said earlier, their rankings seemed to be the correct placement in the end. So glad Joannie got the bronze. Just some amazing performances last night. Too bad they began airing them at about 11:07 PST :mad: Couldn't they air that in the 10PM hour and move the mens jumping or whatever to 11? I know they want to keep us watching, but they are also keeping us exhausted from all these late nights! And then the medal ceremony following, which took the broadcast past midnight :yawn:

Skating last night was beautiful! :applaud: As someone said earlier, their rankings seemed to be the correct placement in the end. So glad Joannie got the bronze. Just some amazing performances last night. Too bad they began airing them at about 11:07 PST :mad: Couldn't they air that in the 10PM hour and move the mens jumping or whatever to 11? I know they want to keep us watching, but they are also keeping us exhausted from all these late nights! And then the medal ceremony following, which took the broadcast past midnight :yawn:

I think I'm about +50 hrs in sleep debt by now b/c of these Olympics! For the summer games it doesn't matter, since my family is so obsessed we take a two week vacation to watch them and celebrate and SLEEP.

I love Kim Yu-Na, she is gorgeous.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!

1-0

U S A! U S A!

P O W E R - P L A Y - G O A L!!!!!!!

2-0

/only one here'd

A N O T H E R . P O W E R . P L A Y . G O A L

THREE - ZERO

/hello? is this thing on?'d

What the hell is going on with the hockey? :ohmy:

The tv's on in another room and I heard the announcer say six goals and I thought "that can't be right...." :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom