Tour de France

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyone following it this year?

I sincerely hope Froome wins it this year. The only chance he has is if Wiggins has a bad day though. It would have been great if he hadn't waited for Wiggo today but alas...

Yeah the past few stages have been exciting. Voeckler's win.

Shattered that Evans couldn't gain anything on Wiggins these past couple of stages. He even lost time on him last night after his failed attack :( but he just doesn't have the support around him. Whereas Sky are all behind Wiggins.

Disappointed with Ryder Hejesdal's exit.

Hoping Nibali or van den Broek take out the yellow if Cadel can't get the job done

Hoping Nibali or van den Broek take out the yellow if Cadel can't get the job done
That would be nice but I think Froome is the only one who could actually do it.

And I really don't understand what Cadel did yesterday. You'd expect him to know if he's good enough to pull off such an attack. It was painful to see him not even being able to follow Van Garderen.

With all the TT's this Tour was made for Wiggins.

Let's hope for a more exciting Tour next year with more mountains and Contador, Schleck, Froome (hopefully in another team but that's unlikely) and Wiggins.

TBH, you didn't miss much. It was quite boring this year. Only two riders in the yelloy jersey. That doesn't say everything but it does say something.

And Cadel was horrible.

Surprised no one has commented in the thread this year.

I think Froome has basically sealed the win with his TT victory today. Contador's only shot is to knock him off his bike.

I'm too busy replacing my blood so I can compete next year!

Despite Froome's dominance, it's been quite a tour this year. It's an amazing route as well, and there are still three mountain stages to come before Paris.

Disappointed to see Evans and Schleck well out of it this year, currently 18th and 16th overall, but they just can't keep up with the six or seven or so leaders.

I pretty much exclusively used a mountain bike to get around for 2 years while I was in Japan, never had a car. I got so sick of it, that I swore to myself I'd never ride a bike again after returning to the US. Every summer I get incredibly tempted to buy a bike. Almost pulled the trigger on a road bike a few years ago. I just can't decide what I should get (road bike, mountain bike, etc), as I know I'll be doing it more for fun than any sort of serious riding. Probably be better off just getting a sissy pants beach cruiser or something.

This will be me:

Ella_August_09_175_cr.JPG

AOD9604? Looks like when someone accidentally puts their password in the username section, and keeps using the account.

Back
Top Bottom