Tour De France 2008

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sastre did well today, congrats to him. Seems like a genuine nice guy, too.

Evans obviously didn't have it today. Normally his time would have been close to the leaders of the stage, like Schumacher and Cancellara, and if he had done that again, he would have won, but apparently Evans didn't have the legs today. Credit CSC for wiping enough of his energy out by the end.

I feel bad for the guy. I hope he gets some good mountain support next year. I can only imagine how well he'd do with a good team.

And yes, a great ride for Vandevelde. That one stage where he crashed pretty much cost him the podium, but otherwise, a great Tour for him.

At 31, Evans should have two or three more years in contention.

I was disappointed in his remarks about how Team CSC was able to buy much better teammates -- I'd prefer not to see him throw his fellow riders under the bus. But I won't hold that against him for long as I know he's totally disappointed and will give him a clean slate for the next tour.

I wasn't as excited as in previous years going into the Tour de France -- but by the time the Alps rolled around, I was really into it again. It turned out to be a very exciting tour, even with Astana's great riders having been banned for no good reason.

I think the best man won this year. Sastre went out and grabbed the win on l'Alpe d'Huez and rode out of his mind to hold off Evans in the final time trial. I don't know if Sastre will be able to repeat, but he certainly deserved his moment in the sun and to enjoy all the celebrations as the peloton rode into Paris.

It was a real pleasure to watch most of today's coverage on the final stage. I'm gonna miss Phil and Paul's commentary until next July.

There's nothing quite like the Tour de France. Vive Le Tour!

Not funny:

i thought they stopped doing this after ole one nut retired.

Funny:

guys-letour-big.jpg

Back
Top Bottom