Tiger Woods injured in car crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are still completely missing the point. Talk to me in 15 years and see how Tiger's reputation is doing.

No one here is disputing that racism isn't a factor. You are just refusing to let go of Clinton as an example to prove your point.

Like i said on a post earlier,he had a sex scandal that came up during the 92 election,He even had to go on 60 minutes with his wife beside him .....That was 4-5 months before election day not 15 years.He still won.

Maybe that just says more about George Bush Sr, that people were willing to overlook infidelity rather than 4 more years of the incumbent.

The situations are still different, for a variety of reasons. Again, no one is saying racism isn't a factor, we're just saying that it's not a good comparison.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

i haven't watched SP in forever. it went on air w/this language?

I think that the color of Tiger's skin is a big part of not getting the free pass that the other 2 got.

And i haven't mention JFK,another one who couldn't keep his penis in his pants,but still regards today has a hero....like Clinton and Lettterman,white skin.

Nobody seems to have a bad thing to say about Wilt Chamberlain, and he supposedly bedded over 20,000 women; and Charles Barkley is doing fine in the public eye after his little run in with the law after a DUI/hooker filled evening.
And Magic Johnson is still held in high public regard after his escapades.

I think that the color of Tiger's skin is a big part of not getting the free pass that the other 2 got.

And i haven't mention JFK,another one who couldn't keep his penis in his pants,but still regards today has a hero....like Clinton and Lettterman,white skin.

tiger woods is an absolute control freak who let nobody into his private life. he presented the outward model of perfection.

also it was the way in which things broke that led to this becoming a public obsession... the stories that tiger woods was cheating on his wife were already in the tabloids and blogs before it became headline news.

it was after the wacky car crash that it got the mainstream media's attention. if the crash had never happened, the stories would have stayed in the tabloids, maybe getting up to TMZ and Perez status, an occasional brush with the mainstream media, and that's that. when there are news coppers over his house saying that he might be in critical condition from a car crash, but then it turns out he only hit a tree at 5 miles per hour... well, the media's gonna wanna know why.

thirdly... david letterman got killed in the press when the stories first broke. why has it gone away? he's out there on TV every day and responded to the allegations, and even cracks jokes about himself on his own show. hard to kill a guy who's killing himself. tiger woods still won't let anyone in or tell anyone any details... which is his right to do, but unfortunatly the media won't let it go until he spills his guts, or until somebody else's problems become a bigger story (helllloooooooo sandra bullock)

additionaly... there are any number of celebs, both white and black, who have had run ins with the law and either got dragged across the coals or were let to coast. nobody says much about michael jordan's infidelities. why? michael jordan was pretty much a giant douchebag... but he was nice with the media and gave them unlimited access. he and ahmad rashad were boys.

at around the same time that hugh grant got caught picking up a prostitute, eddie murphy got caught picking up a tranny. grant got killed, murphy pretty much skated it and is still making disney movies. where is your race card now?

and your comments about bill clinton getting a pass are just silly. clinton was fucking impeched, and his presidency will forever be tainted by that. the single most important thing to a president after he leaves office is his legacy. that's getting a pass?

lastly... tiger woods will be playing in the masters, and he will get every endorsement he lost back as long as he continues to win.

kobe bryant got accused of rape, and he got all his endorsements back and is more popular now than ever.

Nobody seems to have a bad thing to say about Wilt Chamberlain, and he supposedly bedded over 20,000 women; and Charles Barkley is doing fine in the public eye after his little run in with the law after a DUI/hooker filled evening.
And Magic Johnson is still held in high public regard after his escapades.

Yeah, but none of those guys are half-asian. Blacks and Whites can be unfaithful and no one cares - worst that could happen is some sort of public grilling on National TV where a Prosecutor asks about where you stick your cigars. But if you're Asian, man....look out! They're gonna take your endorsements and force you to continue living in some multi million dollar mansions somewhere. Granted, they'll most likely give you those endorsements back, but still. No one took Clinton's endorsements. Racists.

tiger woods is an absolute control freak who let nobody into his private life. he presented the outward model of perfection.

also it was the way in which things broke that led to this becoming a public obsession... the stories that tiger woods was cheating on his wife were already in the tabloids and blogs before it became headline news.

it was after the wacky car crash that it got the mainstream media's attention. if the crash had never happened, the stories would have stayed in the tabloids, maybe getting up to TMZ and Perez status, an occasional brush with the mainstream media, and that's that. when there are news coppers over his house saying that he might be in critical condition from a car crash, but then it turns out he only hit a tree at 5 miles per hour... well, the media's gonna wanna know why.

thirdly... david letterman got killed in the press when the stories first broke. why has it gone away? he's out there on TV every day and responded to the allegations, and even cracks jokes about himself on his own show. hard to kill a guy who's killing himself. tiger woods still won't let anyone in or tell anyone any details... which is his right to do, but unfortunatly the media won't let it go until he spills his guts, or until somebody else's problems become a bigger story (helllloooooooo sandra bullock)

additionaly... there are any number of celebs, both white and black, who have had run ins with the law and either got dragged across the coals or were let to coast. nobody says much about michael jordan's infidelities. why? michael jordan was pretty much a giant douchebag... but he was nice with the media and gave them unlimited access. he and ahmad rashad were boys.

at around the same time that hugh grant got caught picking up a prostitute, eddie murphy got caught picking up a tranny. grant got killed, murphy pretty much skated it and is still making disney movies. where is your race card now?

and your comments about bill clinton getting a pass are just silly. clinton was fucking impeched, and his presidency will forever be tainted by that. the single most important thing to a president after he leaves office is his legacy. that's getting a pass?

lastly... tiger woods will be playing in the masters, and he will get every endorsement he lost back as long as he continues to win.

kobe bryant got accused of rape, and he got all his endorsements back and is more popular now than ever.

I just love your rhetoric that keeping his private life for himself makes him a control freak,like he ows the public details of his sex life or what does he put in his cereal bowl every morning.Sorry but thats not to me or you or joe public to put a judgement whats going on behind the close door of his home.Let his wife judge him.

As for Letterman,making the front page of the N.Y. Post or the lovely and "reliable" National inquirer" is your definition of getting kill in the press???Funny the arguement that being a "control freak" wasn't applied for him,co's Letterman was extremely low-profil in his personal life (until that story) except when he was exposing his mother a few times on the show.

And as for Clinton,he's doing just fine,thank-you-very-much.I don't see women boycotting his conferences that he's giving every now and than.But like i said earlier in the thread,the same women are bashing Hillary for not divorcing after his Jennifer Flower or Monica fooling around affairs.

Ah,the irony.....

The fact is that Tiger is 4 majors away of Breaking Jack Nicklaus's record...and some folks just don't like it one bit.

I just love your rhetoric that keeping his private life for himself makes him a control freak,like he ows the public details of his sex life or what does he put in his cereal bowl every morning.Sorry but thats not to me or you or joe public to put a judgement whats going on behind the close door of his home.Let his wife judge him.

As for Letterman,making the front page of the N.Y. Post or the lovely and "reliable" National inquirer" is your definition of getting kill in the press???Funny the arguement that being a "control freak" wasn't applied for him,co's Letterman was extremely low-profil in his personal life (until that story) except when he was exposing his mother a few times on the show.

And as for Clinton,he's doing just fine,thank-you-very-much.I don't see women boycotting his conferences that he's giving every now and than.But like i said earlier in the thread,the same women are bashing Hillary for not divorcing after his Jennifer Flower or Monica fooling around affairs.

Ah,the irony.....

The fact is that Tiger is 4 majors away of Breaking Jack Nicklaus's record...and some folks just don't like it one bit.

ok...

the majority of the people who keep this story afloat

a) don't know who jack nicklaus is and thinks you're talking about the guy who played R.P. McMurphy

b) don't give a shit about golf.

you're really reaching to try and connect the dots here to fit your race card argument.

tiger woods is a control freak about his life. his entire being is and has been scripted since he was 4 years old. he doesn't do anything without him and his people thinking about it 10 times over.

i fully agree that his private life isn't our business... but when some people go above and beyond to create the image that they are perfect in every way and do no wrong... that they are the perfect human being... god-like, even... the chosen one... a person compared to MLK and Ghandi... which is exactly what tiger woods and his handlers have portrayed him as being over his career.

for example...

"Tiger will do more than any other man in history to change the course of humanity. … He is the Chosen One. He'll have the power to impact nations. Not people. Nations."
-Earl Woods

This is the type of "rhetoric," to use your word, that the Woods camp has spewed since he first hit the scene...

When this type of person, who's image is sooooo squeeky clean, is found to be asking strippers if they're interested in golden showers?

Yea... people are gonna have some fun with that one for a while.

And once he gets back to golf and starts winning tournaments again? Nobody will care anymore.

Welcome to America. It's how we roll.

And lastly... I enjoy how you refuse to address the other issues that have been brought up... the Michael Jordan's of the world. The fact that Hugh Grant was destroyed in the press while Eddie Murphy got to still continue making kids movies for Disney...

I suppose they don't fit into your "rhetoric" about this being a race issue.

Actually, none of this fits into a race issue at all, imo. If there are people out there, other golfers, whatever, who are gleefully rubbing their hands together over the fact that the best golfer of all time, a black man, has hit a temporary speed bump, well, they'll quickly have to shut up when he hits the course again. He'll be back, and the world will move on. Anyone who has any sense in their head sees right thru these text messages and juicy details for what they are: desperate attempts by nobodies to get 5 minutes of fame on their way off the edge of the map of public conciousness. Kindof pathetic, really, but it sells tabloids so there's that.

there's a new one and she's not bad...

raychel135328--415x600.jpg

Tiger Woods slept with neighbor's young daughter: report

I'm sorry, we as a country no longer care about Tiger's shenanigans. We've moved on to pointing to Jesse James as the most hated man in America.

Cori, you know as well as I do that the only reason Whitey is hating on Jesse James is because we were called out on the Tiger racism. I know pity hatred when I see it

So is it irony or just-desserts or something even grander that Jesse James may be a big ol' Hitler-lovin' racist?

:hmm:

Can't see the pic.

If it's a picture of that delightful Tits McGee or whatever her name is and her "WP" tattoos, I'm fine not seeing it.

Big Day for Tiger.

Last year's Majors his biggest problem was poor starts (minus the US Open, where he actually blew a lead...though as we find out, not the only thing blown for tiger last year....)

I'm very curious to see how he does with so much time off. Augusta isn't going to put up with a rowdy crowd, so he shouldn't have to worry about hecklers too much.

I actually like Tiger the golfer. I could do without his temper tantrums, but otherwise he's a joy to watch. Greatest putter i've ever seen, or at least great clutch putter.

I really have no idea how this tourney will go for him. Does he make the cut? Does he contend? I can't wait.

We all know CBS is hoping he's in the final group for Sunday, as the ratings would go through the roof.

That commercial is bizarre to me-but clearly designed to get just the attention that Nike wanted. Some people will like it, some will be repulsed by it, some won't care.

Leave my family alone-but I will exploit my deceased father in a commercial by splicing words together, or something he said about some other situation..however they did that. Not to mention that his father is rumored to have cheated on his mother. It is great that he thinks and talks about what his father would have thought about the situation, but no need to put it in a Nike commercial. Keep that what it is by keeping it private.

Play golf and stick to your vow to become a better person. But enough already of contrition in the church of Nike. I don't see why Nike should have any involvement in that-it's just out of place bordering on creepy. But I guess part of what they were selling before was Tiger's carefully controlled image, so it's time to rebrand or something.

Back
Top Bottom