Tiger Woods injured in car crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as far as the girl who came out with the allegations, i hope she gets AIDS. people like that are worthless.

yikes, dude. that's kinda harsh. why not syphilis? it's so much cuter!

pox.jpg

Negatory.

Unless he was remunerating her for sexual favours.

A whore is, after all, a professional.

She slept with a guy and is using that to get rich? Yeah, she's a whore.

A high school friend of mine is married to a woman that he doesn't love because she's loaded. Whore.

We can church it up in whatever language you want, but 'tis what 'tis.

Why is this even surprising? Am I the only one who goes under the default assumption that most wealthy, powerful, married men cheat, just because they can?

What the mistress is doing is scummy, but when you're a notable figure, that's the risk you take when you have sex outside of your marriage. Can't say I feel sorry for either of them.

Neither of those things in any way negate the fact that he is a cheater and bears the brunt of the responsibility here. The waitress, though sketchy, owed nothing to Tiger's wife nor his children; he did.

I did say "cheating's cheating". But in reference to who bears most of the responsibility? No freakin way. A woman sleeping with a married man shares the blame equally. The only way she doesn't is if the man lies and she is not aware that he is married. There are plenty of women out there that see the ring and are even more turned on and chase even harder. Sometimes chasing guys who are particularly vulnerable because of their marital problems. I'm not making any excuse for the man, but women who do this are equally to blame, because if we're going to talk moral judgement here, any decent woman runs the other way.

Having said that...and yes I believe he cheated, and was wrong. But...given that he didn't specifically address this Grubby girl or whatever her name is, has anyone independently verified that the voicemail on the US website is actually from him? Is that his voice? (I don't know, I don't follow him all that closely)

I'm trying to imagine someone that famous being stupid enough to sleep with the same cocktail waitress for 3 years...that I can possibly imagine...but finding it REALLY hard to believe he would be so incredibly stupid to, after having an argument with his wife about a supposedly untrue story, then call the person he WAS truly involved with to get her to cover for him, beginning his message with "Hey - it's Tiger". Um...wow either he is the stupidest dumbass playa ever, or that voicemail needs to be verified.

Realism is awesome, isn't it?

Honestly, lol.

I have an uncle who is a rather prominent and wealthy physician. He must have had like 20 affairs during his marriage. My Mom once asked my aunt why on earth she stayed with him and the woman replied "because at the end of the day, I'm still a doctor's wife." Just business as usual, so I can only imagine what goes on with men who have far more and better opportunities, so to speak.

Why is this even surprising? Am I the only one who goes under the default assumption that most wealthy, powerful, married men cheat, just because they can?

I guess I'm surprised because he has a new family that he spends a lot of time with. So I didn't think he really had the opportunity. This affair took place out of town, not in his home town. He doesn't play in a ton of tournaments, and when he does, he's focused on winning and avoiding distractions. His wife also travels a lot with him.

I for one thought that Tiger was perfect and one day usher in a time of peace and prosperity for all mankind.

Keep the dream, Dalton.

I guess I'm surprised because he has a new family that he spends a lot of time with. So I didn't think he really had the opportunity. This affair took place out of town, not in his home town. He doesn't play in a ton of tournaments, and when he does, he's focused on winning and avoiding distractions. His wife also travels a lot with him.

That's an awfully naive view.

just men?

Okay then, people. But the power differential in relationships is generally tilted toward men, so that's why I phrased it that way.

Also, gender reasons for cheating are often different. I know this is a vast generalization, but men cheat just to have sex with someone different, women often cheat to test the waters when they're on their way out of a relationship. There are exceptions to both, though.

it would have been funny if Tiger descriped cheating as "Changing Clubs" in his statement.

Also, gender reasons for cheating are often different. I know this is a vast generalization, but men cheat just to have sex with someone different, women often cheat to test the waters when they're on their way out of a relationship. There are exceptions to both, though.

I don't believe that men and women cheat for different reasons. I believe that we articulate similar fears and insecurities differently, but our reasons are pretty similar.

The fact that she slept with a married man makes her a woman of questionable morals. The fact that she is probably selling this story for a pretty penny makes her an opportunist.

She's apparently a very stupid opportunist. Word is US Weekly paid her $150k for the story.
Methinks she could have gotten lots more from Tiger not to go public.

There are exceptions, but there's alot of merit (and weighty discussion) to what you just said there. :up:

She's apparently a very stupid opportunist. Word is US Weekly paid her $150k for the story.
Methinks she could have gotten lots more from Tiger not to go public.

Well like they say: two peas...incredibly stupid Tiger + incredibly stupid waitress = a cheap tabloid story :shrug:

(You're right, she could've gotten millions)

So, after all the recent news, Eldrick Woods has decided he needs a fresh start and new persona on the course, so he's dropping the "Tiger" monniker and adopting the name of another big cat....

....wait for it...

..."Cheetah"!

So, after all the recent news, Eldrick Woods has decided he needs a fresh start and new persona on the course, so he's dropping the "Tiger" monniker and adopting the name of another big cat....

....wait for it...

..."Cheetah"!

When do you take the act on the road?:wink:

Back
Top Bottom