Tiger Woods injured in car crash - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2009, 08:55 AM   #91
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:02 PM
News – Hear Tiger Panic to Mistress: "My Wife Be Calling You" – Celebrity News – UsMagazine.com

Old 12-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladywithspinninghead View Post
Yeah, not quite - US Weekly's cover story - coming out tomorrow I believe - will feature a Las Vegas waitress who claims to have had a 31 month affair with him. Who knows if it's true or not but the magazine is stating they have texts, voicemails, etc to back up their claims
The funny thing about words is that they have specific meanings. I use them in conjunction with those meanings. Check it again.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 AM   #93
Blue Crack Addict

He's cheating.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
i wonder if Linda Tripp is behind these new allegations.

either way, this is good news. when the case was closed yesterday, i just felt so bad for the media and i thought that they might actually miss out on the chance of ruining Tiger's image.
Ha.

I had this conversation with a buddy of mine this morning. The fact of the matter is that this isn't going to affect Tiger's "image" much at all. Tiger does not and has not marketed himself as a celebrity. He didn't let people into his personal life when he came onto the tour. He didn't let people into his personal life when he got married or had children. He didn't let people into his personal life when his father died.

Tiger's "image" isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a good guy. It isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a smart guy. He doesn't go around spouting his views on things that don't relate to his golf game (he hated being asked about Obama during the last election). He doesn't pop up at celebrity events to let people ogle him. His image is simply that he's the best golfer in the world and no one can stand before him. That's it.

Essentially Tiger Wood's public image is closer to Batman than it is to Shaq O'Neil. As I think about Tiger's situation (and why I would advise him to say nothing to the media), I keep thinking about the conversation in Batman Begins when Bruce Banner is speaking with Henri Ducard. Ducard teaches him, "No, no, no. A [celebrity] is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely." That's what Tiger has done. He's made himself into more than a man. We know very little about Eldrick the human. All we know about is Tiger the legendary golfer.

The only way this situation will affect Tiger's "image" is if he succumbs to media pressure and let's people into his personal affairs. Then he becomes the punch line to the jokes. If he says nothing and comes back and dominates next year, he will remain Tiger.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:41 AM   #95
Blue Crack Distributor

tiger claims it wasn't cheating... winter rules.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:58 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post

I keep thinking about the conversation in Batman Begins when Bruce Banner is speaking with Henri Ducard. .
Bruce Banner??

Old 12-02-2009, 10:14 AM   #97
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

With the latest allegations, Tiger has released a new statement admitting to "transgressions":

TigerWoods.com: Tiger comments on current events
Old 12-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #98
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
if she really does have 300 messages from him, I think it's safe to say she deliberately kept them rather than lazily failed to delete them..
I think she deserves some credit for saving them. She obviously knew how this story was going to end and she was going to take Tiger down too. She should get even more credit since this she was on Tool Academy - Tool Academy!!! A show that doesn't exactly display the finest members of society.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #99
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntalwar View Post
With the latest allegations, Tiger has released a new statement admitting to "transgressions":

TigerWoods.com: Tiger comments on current events
well played again by Tiger.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalton View Post
Ha.

I had this conversation with a buddy of mine this morning. The fact of the matter is that this isn't going to affect Tiger's "image" much at all. Tiger does not and has not marketed himself as a celebrity. He didn't let people into his personal life when he came onto the tour. He didn't let people into his personal life when he got married or had children. He didn't let people into his personal life when his father died.

Tiger's "image" isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a good guy. It isn't wrapped up in the idea that he is a smart guy. He doesn't go around spouting his views on things that don't relate to his golf game (he hated being asked about Obama during the last election). He doesn't pop up at celebrity events to let people ogle him. His image is simply that he's the best golfer in the world and no one can stand before him. That's it.

Essentially Tiger Wood's public image is closer to Batman than it is to Shaq O'Neil. As I think about Tiger's situation (and why I would advise him to say nothing to the media), I keep thinking about the conversation in Batman Begins when Bruce Banner is speaking with Henri Ducard. Ducard teaches him, "No, no, no. A [celebrity] is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely." That's what Tiger has done. He's made himself into more than a man. We know very little about Eldrick the human. All we know about is Tiger the legendary golfer.

The only way this situation will affect Tiger's "image" is if he succumbs to media pressure and let's people into his personal affairs. Then he becomes the punch line to the jokes. If he says nothing and comes back and dominates next year, he will remain Tiger.
i couldn't agree more. i'm a little surprised that he came out today and made the statement that he "let his family down". but i guess the girl must have had enough evidence that he knew he had to say something.

as far as the girl who came out with the allegations, i hope she gets AIDS. people like that are worthless.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:57 AM   #101
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
tiger claims it wasn't cheating... winter rules.

I wonder if Elin will give him a mulligan?
Old 12-02-2009, 11:01 AM   #102
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
i couldn't agree more. i'm a little surprised that he came out today and made the statement that he "let his family down". but i guess the girl must have had enough evidence that he knew he had to say something.
Yeah - Us magazine has the voice mail up on their site. Some other site has another nightclub photo.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #103
Blue Crack Addict

i don't know if this is possible, but i hope the media gets bad press for this.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #104
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 02:02 PM
Quote:
as far as the girl who came out with the allegations, i hope she gets AIDS. people like that are worthless.
That's really nice mikal. Because she's the only one that cheated.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:10 AM   #105
Blue Crack Distributor

YouTube - Tiger Woods Voicemail to Jamie Grubbs

YouTube - 【蘋果動新聞】伍茲深夜撞車 老婆破窗救夫 疑點重重