Tiger Woods injured in car crash - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #376
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 05:24 AM


Well done.
__________________

__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #377
Blue Crack Addict
 
kafrun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Upside-down
Posts: 19,644
Local Time: 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicy View Post
Um anyone read the texts he supposedly sent to one of his mistresses? Wow.

Warning: they are very explicit, nsfw and not safe for kids.

Porn Star Leaks Her Tiger Woods Sexts | PerezHilton.com
Wow, he sure is a winnah.
__________________

__________________
kafrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,953
Local Time: 08:24 AM

Wow, that was gross a lot.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #379
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 425
Local Time: 08:24 AM
How come Clinton and Letterman are heros and got a free pass from public view,but not Tiger?

....BTW,the answer is written between the lines.
__________________
Spoutnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #380
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Clinton got a free pass? Not saying the point you're making isn't worth questioning, but Clinton didn't get any sort of free pass.

I agree that the Letterman thing was surprisingly more or less a non-event in the public realm.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 PM   #381
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoutnik View Post
How come Clinton ... are heros and got a free pass from public view,but not Tiger?
You mean that whole impeachment thing?

BTW those texts were all sorts of skank. I'm sure hers weren't exactly G rated, either.
__________________
unico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:16 PM   #382
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 425
Local Time: 08:24 AM
His fooling around with Jennifer Flower came out during the 92 election and he won the election anyway.I guess playing saxophone on Arsenio Hall helped on the public eyes.Has for the "Oral office" days with Monica,i don't see him with huge scars on his face or reputation,either.

Heck,Hillary is 10x more hated than him...go figure.
__________________
Spoutnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #383
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unico View Post
BTW those texts were all sorts of skank. I'm sure hers weren't exactly G rated, either.
Yeah really. Funny how only his texts are published.
__________________
Sicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:28 PM   #384
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoutnik View Post
His fooling around with Jennifer Flower came out during the 92 election and he won the election anyway.I guess playing saxophone on Arsenio Hall helped on the public eyes.Has for the oral office days with Monica,i don't see him with huge scars on his face or reputation,either.
He was one of only 2 presidents to be impeached. How is that not a scar on his reputation?
__________________
unico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #385
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 05:24 AM
I dunno. I guess a lot of people just assume politicians are sneaky cheaters anyway. Heck, a lot of people assume sports stars are, too.

Maybe it's racism, maybe it's because Tiger had a squeaky clean public image before all of this, maybe it's just how much more hungry our society has gotten about salacious gossip. I do think it's ridiculously overblown.

As for Clinton, I don't think it's a fair comparison at this point, because it's been 15 years since that all went down. I'm sure the media/public will have quite different feelings about Tiger's situation 15 years from now, if they even think of it at all.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:29 PM   #386
Blue Crack Addict
 
PhilsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Standing on the shore, facing east.
Posts: 18,894
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoutnik View Post
How come Clinton and Letterman are heros and got a free pass from public view,but not Tiger?

....BTW,the answer is written between the lines.
Apples to oranges, and I disagree that Clinton got a free pass. That's absurd.

The nation knew both Clinton and Letterman much more than they knew Tiger. Tiger's spent fifteen years essentially making himself a mystery. All anyone knew was that he worked crazy hard at golf and married a Swedish chick. That was it. Nothing else. He was a control freak.

The press then jumped on the opportunity to finally get a new angle on one of the world's most recognizable figures for the first time in fifteen years. Tiger's commitment to his personal privacy was ironically the reason he's taken such a great "fall."
__________________
PhilsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #387
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 425
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
I dunno. I guess a lot of people just assume politicians are sneaky cheaters anyway. Heck, a lot of people assume sports stars are, too.

Maybe it's racism, maybe it's because Tiger had a squeaky clean public image before all of this, maybe it's just how much more hungry our society has gotten about salacious gossip. I do think it's ridiculously overblown.

As for Clinton, I don't think it's a fair comparison at this point, because it's been 15 years since that all went down. I'm sure the media/public will have quite different feelings about Tiger's situation 15 years from now, if they even think of it at all.
I think that the color of Tiger's skin is a big part of not getting the free pass that the other 2 got.

And i haven't mention JFK,another one who couldn't keep his penis in his pants,but still regards today has a hero....like Clinton and Lettterman,white skin.
__________________
Spoutnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:43 PM   #388
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,731
Local Time: 05:24 AM
re: Clinton - you're overlooking a lot. Yeah, 15 years later, his reputation seems to be okay, but you can't ignore the shitstorm that went down back then and say he got off scott free.
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:50 PM   #389
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoutnik View Post
I think that the color of Tiger's skin is a big part of not getting the free pass that the other 2 got.

And i haven't mention JFK,another one who couldn't keep his penis in his pants,but still regards today has a hero....like Clinton and Lettterman,white skin.
Clinton didn't get a free pass. What's wrong with you?
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #390
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 425
Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
re: Clinton - you're overlooking a lot. Yeah, 15 years later, his reputation seems to be okay, but you can't ignore the shitstorm that went down back then and say he got off scott free.
Besides the Late nights TV shows jokes,Clinton came out just fine....compare to Tiger.
__________________

__________________
Spoutnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anyone here believe in all that 'car colour = your personality' sh*t? mad1 Lemonade Stand Archive 14 10-04-2002 03:38 AM
Oasis Injured in Car Accident HelloAngel Lemonade Stand Archive 16 08-08-2002 01:15 AM
Major car crash...many fatalities... TheU2 Lemonade Stand Archive 12 05-11-2002 03:18 AM
Tell US ALL about your most bizarre/craziest/most ludicrous CAR CRASH.. Diamond The U2 Patriot Lemonade Stand Archive 24 03-25-2002 03:24 AM
Ben Hollioake Killed In Car Crash brettig Lemonade Stand Archive 11 03-24-2002 03:53 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com