Tiger Woods injured in car crash

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I felt he was honest, genuinely remorseful and unequivocal about accepting the blame and responsibility. He directly admitted to cheating and being unfaithful.

What is with people blogging about unanswered questions? What unanswered questions? The salacious details of each sexual encounter? Give it up already! The man's wife and children do in fact have a right to privacy.

I have yet to hear a thing that makes me think none of this is calculated. He's rebuilding an image, nothing more, nothing less.

I look forward to watching him golf.

I have yet to hear a thing that makes me think none of this is calculated. He's rebuilding an image, nothing more, nothing less.

I look forward to watching him golf.

He's also blunting the impact of media attention when he returns to a tournament. And he will return soon - some photos of him practicing at Windermere and running were released in the past day or so.

TalkingHeadsClip7.jpg

Like millions of Americans, Olympic skiing gold medalist Lindsey Vonn, who delivered a classic Winter Games moment with her scintillating downhill run on Wednesday, is insanely curious about one thing on Friday morning: the Tiger Woods press conference. But by the time she walks into a room at the USA House in Whistler for an interview, Woods' nationally televised statement — they get NBC's Seattle affiliate up in the Canadian mountains — has ended. "I really want to see that now," says Vonn, loose and cheery despite wiping out the day before during the super combined event, denying her a chance for a second straight medal.

And like millions of Americans, Vonn can't help poking fun at Woods' staged event. When a member of her Vonn-tourage tells her that Woods gave a few friends hugs after ending his statement, she cracks, "They're like, 'Yeah, you're awesome, you go have that sex.' " :hi5:

I don't buy that he's a sex addict-he did it because he could, he felt entitled, he's "special". To his family it's much more than f'ing. To me I care only because integrity still matters to me, and in my eyes he has none.

Tiger's returning for the Masters - makes sense because it's the most restricted environment for media and spectators during the season. The ratings will be off the chart (for golf).

I made a $20 bet with one of my buddies that he'd play at Augusta this year. So that's some cash in my pocket.

I'm also glad that he's back because I just fuckin love to watch the guy play golf.

How come Clinton and Letterman are heros and got a free pass from public view,but not Tiger?

....BTW,the answer is written between the lines.

Clinton got a free pass? Not saying the point you're making isn't worth questioning, but Clinton didn't get any sort of free pass.

I agree that the Letterman thing was surprisingly more or less a non-event in the public realm.

His fooling around with Jennifer Flower came out during the 92 election and he won the election anyway.I guess playing saxophone on Arsenio Hall helped on the public eyes.Has for the "Oral office" days with Monica,i don't see him with huge scars on his face or reputation,either.

Heck,Hillary is 10x more hated than him...go figure.

His fooling around with Jennifer Flower came out during the 92 election and he won the election anyway.I guess playing saxophone on Arsenio Hall helped on the public eyes.Has for the oral office days with Monica,i don't see him with huge scars on his face or reputation,either.

He was one of only 2 presidents to be impeached. How is that not a scar on his reputation?

I dunno. I guess a lot of people just assume politicians are sneaky cheaters anyway. Heck, a lot of people assume sports stars are, too.

Maybe it's racism, maybe it's because Tiger had a squeaky clean public image before all of this, maybe it's just how much more hungry our society has gotten about salacious gossip. I do think it's ridiculously overblown.

As for Clinton, I don't think it's a fair comparison at this point, because it's been 15 years since that all went down. I'm sure the media/public will have quite different feelings about Tiger's situation 15 years from now, if they even think of it at all.

How come Clinton and Letterman are heros and got a free pass from public view,but not Tiger?

....BTW,the answer is written between the lines.
Apples to oranges, and I disagree that Clinton got a free pass. That's absurd.

The nation knew both Clinton and Letterman much more than they knew Tiger. Tiger's spent fifteen years essentially making himself a mystery. All anyone knew was that he worked crazy hard at golf and married a Swedish chick. That was it. Nothing else. He was a control freak.

The press then jumped on the opportunity to finally get a new angle on one of the world's most recognizable figures for the first time in fifteen years. Tiger's commitment to his personal privacy was ironically the reason he's taken such a great "fall."

I dunno. I guess a lot of people just assume politicians are sneaky cheaters anyway. Heck, a lot of people assume sports stars are, too.

Maybe it's racism, maybe it's because Tiger had a squeaky clean public image before all of this, maybe it's just how much more hungry our society has gotten about salacious gossip. I do think it's ridiculously overblown.

As for Clinton, I don't think it's a fair comparison at this point, because it's been 15 years since that all went down. I'm sure the media/public will have quite different feelings about Tiger's situation 15 years from now, if they even think of it at all.

I think that the color of Tiger's skin is a big part of not getting the free pass that the other 2 got.

And i haven't mention JFK,another one who couldn't keep his penis in his pants,but still regards today has a hero....like Clinton and Lettterman,white skin.

re: Clinton - you're overlooking a lot. Yeah, 15 years later, his reputation seems to be okay, but you can't ignore the shitstorm that went down back then and say he got off scott free.

I think that the color of Tiger's skin is a big part of not getting the free pass that the other 2 got.

And i haven't mention JFK,another one who couldn't keep his penis in his pants,but still regards today has a hero....like Clinton and Lettterman,white skin.

Clinton didn't get a free pass. What's wrong with you?

re: Clinton - you're overlooking a lot. Yeah, 15 years later, his reputation seems to be okay, but you can't ignore the shitstorm that went down back then and say he got off scott free.

Besides the Late nights TV shows jokes,Clinton came out just fine....compare to Tiger.

Back
Top Bottom