The Super Bowl 43 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Well, it's the freakin Tuesday before the biggest game of the year in the National Football League and I'm stunned to see no thread exclusively for The Big Game.

What's wrong with you football fanatics?

Yeah, I know, maybe your favorite team ain't playing in the Super Bowl this year, but life goes on.

Plus, the Arizona Cardinals don't exactly elicit excitement among NFL fans. They've sucked forever.

So, join in on the madness and pick a team to root for in The Big Game. And if you ain't gonna pick a team, than that's OK too. :wink:

I'll be pulling for the Pittsburgh Steelers. Gotta represent the East, right?

For me, the big question is how many times is God gonna be thanked for winning another damn Super Bowl. Dang, that dude gets all the credit. Plus, who's gonna be the first to thank the Big Guy. If the Steelers win, will it be Big Ben? Or, if the Cards win, will it be Kurt?

For once, I wish the losers would give credit to the Big Guy too.

- "I'd like to thank God for us LOSING the game! Its all His fault!"

This makes no sense to me, if someone started a thread just for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals it would probably be closed (ie ignored, because the mods never come in here except to yell at someone).

:shrug:

I'm rooting for the Steelers, 20% because of the results of the NFC Championship, and 80% because Deshea Townshend singlehandedly killed Dallas' season. :up:

:up:Steelers. I'm an Eagles fan so I won't cheer for the Cardinals. I have seen almost every Steelers game this year anyway.

Just stopping by to say that I acquired a Super Bowl ticket today. Attending a Super Bowl is exciting enough for me, but to see my favorite team play in the game is fucking amazing. And, it's my first ever Super Bowl, so I can scratch that off the list.

I'm psyched!

:)

Just stopping by to say that I acquired a Super Bowl ticket today. Attending a Super Bowl is exciting enough for me, but to see my favorite team play in the game is fucking amazing. And, it's my first ever Super Bowl, so I can scratch that off the list.

I'm psyched!

You suck! :D

This makes no sense to me, if someone started a thread just for Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals it would probably be closed (ie ignored, because the mods never come in here except to yell at someone).

I would have you banned!

I'm psyched!

Congrats, dude! Enjoy the game! :hyper:

Sounds like someone yearning for a hug. :wave:

The regular NFL thread is over 750 posts, and I think there's a decent chance that the Super Bowl will generate more than 250 more.

I'm psyched!

Enjoy.

You doing any of the NFL experience stuff beforehand?
It was decent, though quite crowded on Saturday last year in AZ.

Enjoy.

You doing any of the NFL experience stuff beforehand?
It was decent, though quite crowded on Saturday last year in AZ.

Thanks.

First of all, my ticket is being UPS'd from LA, and it's currently stuck in Kentucky due to adverse weather. I leave Friday, so hopefully it arrives tomorrow. We'll see.

I think that I'll do some stuff on Saturday, like the NFL experience, sure. If it's too crowded, maybe I'll just skirt the crowds but try to take it all in as best can.

What we discovered last year was the NFL experience was open to anyone on the days leading up to game day, and only game ticket holders could go in on Sunday. I don't know if the same will be true in Tampa, it was directly adjacent to the stadium in Glendale and you actually entered through that area for security checks for the game. We did the NFL experience on Saturday and there were very long lines at most of the activities. Sunday there were not many lines.(We didn't bother and just headed in to the stadium to catch all the pregame festivities) Of course also on Sunday some things were not available such as ex players being available for pictures etc.

What we discovered last year was the NFL experience was open to anyone on the days leading up to game day, and only game ticket holders could go in on Sunday. I don't know if the same will be true in Tampa, it was directly adjacent to the stadium in Glendale and you actually entered through that area for security checks for the game. We did the NFL experience on Saturday and there were very long lines at most of the activities. Sunday there were not many lines.(We didn't bother and just headed in to the stadium to catch all the pregame festivities) Of course also on Sunday some things were not available such as ex players being available for pictures etc.

Thanks for the info. I suspect that I'll want to get into the Stadium as early as possible on Sunday, just to take it all in, so the NFL experience and whatnot will be a Saturday thing.

Also, and this might sound odd.....the winter has been brutal here in Chicago and just getting to spend time in the warm weather will make me happy....so, this is part Super Bowl trip, and part just get some sun trip.

Thanks for the info. I suspect that I'll want to get into the Stadium as early as possible on Sunday, just to take it all in, so the NFL experience and whatnot will be a Saturday thing.

Also, and this might sound odd.....the winter has been brutal here in Chicago and just getting to spend time in the warm weather will make me happy....so, this is part Super Bowl trip, and part just get some sun trip.

We had the same outlook last year, Sunday was for the game and all that accompanied it.

Saturday was golf in the morning and NFL experience in the afternoon. It beat spending a February weekend in New England.

I'm hoping MY Cardinals win it because Kurt "My Man" Warner is a good guy and my boy and always has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom