The Super Bowl 43 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. His departure was what made me hate the Giants.

I love Kurt. And Twilight.

Yeah, that and the Giants winning the Super Bowl after his departure probably didn't help.

I want the Steelers to win just so I don't have to hear Reverend Warner thank God for winning the Super Bowl. If the Steelers win, I'm sure Big Ben will thank Him, but it won't be as prolonged. :wink:

In all seriousness, I've got to go with the Cardinals on this one. I don't like the thought of the Steelers with more rings than the Cowboys. That's really the only reason.

The Steelers are a lead pipe lock to win.

Whenever one of the Super Bowl teams has entered the playoffs with the league's #1 defense, they have won every single time.

I think I read somewhere that the Colts gave James a ring for their super bowl win because he meant so much to them leading up to it.

So he's already got a ring, sort of.

They did. :up: I'd like him to actually win one though. :wink:

It's interesting with the Cardinals that a win could mean so much to the legacy of some of these players. Kurt Warner and Edgerrin James are both in the discussion for the Hall of Fame. A Super Bowl ring could put them in. Down the line, a ring could help Larry Fitzgerald if he gets into that discussion too.

Go scratch your nose pimple.

That was like four years ago, dick.

I'm glad you're going to the Super Bowl so I don't have to hear from you for a weekend. I hope the Steelers lose in dramatic fashion and you cry the entire plane ride home. Your tears sustain me.

I want the Cardinals to win, i know they are underdogs who presided over a weak division and are going up against ridiculous Pittsburg defense. They have all the odds stacked against them. Then again the Giants did last year too and we know how that turned out.

Jon Gruden went up against his former team in 2003 and dismantled them, i like Wisenhut to do the same this year. Sure Gruden had the #1 defense on his side back then, but the fact that Pittsburg is so confident and nobody is giving Arizona a chance plays out well i think.

Yeah....if Wisenhut had taken over a team from Dungy instead of Green...maybe. AND, those Raiders cannot be compared this years Steelers.

They are who we thought they were...

yeah i realize we're talking apples to oranges here, but give me a break im grasping at straws. :) No analogy can adequately describe this years game at this point, the line hasnt moved, the money isnt really moving compared to years past. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens.

I just hate to see Pittsburg get their 6th ring. Then again, if they were playing that other silly bird team instead of the Cardinals i would be rooting for Pissburg while holding my nose.

Yeah....if Wisenhut had taken over a team from Dungy instead of Green...maybe. AND, those Raiders cannot be compared this years Steelers.

That, plus I'm pretty sure that even if it is the case that the Steelers had entirely the same playbook and audibles from the Whisenhunt days, they'll change a few things around.

This is either going to be a three-point (or less) game, or a forty-point blowout for Pittsburgh.

At this point I'm just as excited for the party I'm going to and the halftime show (Bruuuuuuuuuuuce) than for the game

That, plus I'm pretty sure that even if it is the case that the Steelers had entirely the same playbook and audibles from the Whisenhunt days, they'll change a few things around.

One would think/hope that would be the case....but how many people could have seen this matchup before the season started? Answer...nobody. Maybe they have changed some things around in the last couple of weeks when it became official, but how long does it take to restructure your offensive scheme and get all of the players on the same page? (more than two weeks). Of course the Steeler offense isn't exactly one of the more complex ones out there...so who knows.

Pittsburg is confident, they don't give two shits about Gruden vs Al Davis 2003. Big Ben has "guaranteed" a win, and they are going to waltz into Tampa and blow the Cardinals out. At least thats the plan, and thats what people expect them to do. No way they can beat that Defense, even though several other teams (NYG anyone?) found a way to do it in the regular season. Nevermind that Arizona has been on a little streak of their own, beating Atlanta (another hot team), beating Carolina on the road (who saw that coming), and beating the Eagles (who were a hot team themselves and had just knocked off the defending super bowl champs NYG the week prior).

Arizona believes they can win, but haven't guaranteed squat. And since the winner will most likely invoke God, as mentioned before, i will bring up a biblical reference of my own that will surely come up at some point. This is David versus Goliath, and im hoping David can pull it off "again", if you believe in that sort of thing.

Didn't Pittsburgs' only SB loss take place in Arizona, the 1996 game against Dallas? I know none of this means anything really, hopefully we will get a good game and nobody gets hurt.

Number six...number siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiix!

That is probably the best thing I've ever seen. Thanks.

One would think/hope that would be the case....but how many people could have seen this matchup before the season started? Answer...nobody. Maybe they have changed some things around in the last couple of weeks when it became official, but how long does it take to restructure your offensive scheme and get all of the players on the same page? (more than two weeks). Of course the Steeler offense isn't exactly one of the more complex ones out there...so who knows.

Good coaches on good teams (New England, Indianapolis, and others) come up with completely different offensive game plans from week to week.

If your team is really lazy and wants to keep the same offensive game plan but just wants to switch up the snap counts/audibles/etc., that should take, oh...about a day or so, assuming your players are all grown adults.

Whisenhunt may have some familiarity with individual players' tendencies (say, maybe Santonio Holmes always blinks three times and picks his nose before going deep), but I seriously doubt Arizona is going to have a major systematic advantage here.

I want Pittsburgh to win purely because I respect teams with legitimate fan bases.

I am a Niner fan (yeah, I know 16 straight and 19 out of 22, Ten-win seasons and then straight into the shitter)

Still only two franchises can sniff our ballsack and one of them is playing in the SB.

So my logic is the same as impy's.
Keep the Steelers at 5 Lombardi's.
Kurt The Grocer all the way!!

Actually I think the Steelers will win in a somewhat defensive struggle, 20-13.

a teammate of mine from college is getting married in june up in massachusets... he's having his bachelor party in may in boston, but he lives right now in arizona. he was just born and raised (as was his fiance) in new england. the plan for the bachelor party was to get the cheepest red sox/mets tickets at fenway we can find, get a few hotel rooms in bahstin and go to town at all the local pubs after the game.

anyhoo... this is hardly relevant to this conversation, except that there's this... back before the season he put $200 bucks on the cardinals at 60 to 1 to win the super bowl. so if he wins he's pleged to get field level seats and pay for the hotels in may.

goooooooooooo buzzsaw. :rockon:

Is that really Journey or a Journey cover band? I'm confuzzled. :scratch:

new lead singer.

Here is the original band:

journey.jpg

It is hard to believe that the new lead singer was even born when that song came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom