The Super Bowl 43 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that was fucking awesome. My voice is gone, my nerves are shattered, I, yeah, fucking wow.

Best sporting event I've attended in quite some time, fucking amazing.

Just wow.

franco-harris-at-1.jpg

Well, that was fucking awesome. My voice is gone, my nerves are shattered, I, yeah, fucking wow.

Best sporting event I've attended in quite some time, fucking amazing.

Just wow.

Fuck you. Congratulations. Also, go fuck yourself.

If you ever meet Kurt Warner in person, you should kiss him.

Quite an exciting 4th quarter.
Holmes was a no brainer for MVP, don't know what game the rest of you were watching. He had over half the Steelers receiving yardage, was really their only weapon out there as Ward was clearly hobbled and the Cards took Parker out of the game plan save for one good run.
Roethlisberger was the next choice, played well at times and was impressive in his elusiveness, but didn't have a really great game overall.
Had AZ held on, Fitzgerald would have been deserving.

The zebras made themsleves far too noticeable in this game. Some of that was on the players as there was a huge lack of discipline on both sides of the ball, but 18 penalties tells me that Terry MacAulay wants America to know who he is. And when was the last "roughing the holder" call? I don't recall ever seeing that call.
And though I think it would have been confirmed as a fumble, its inexcusable that the last Cards' offensive play is not reviewed at that juncture of that game.

Who do we like in the Pro Bowl? :wink:

He was definitely a leading candidate until he decided to sucker punch that guy. From that moment on, there was no way they were going to give it to him. He's lucky he wasn't thrown out of the game for that.

As amazing as the catch by Holmes was, I would have given it to Roethlisberger as well. I can't recall a game where I saw a quarterback escape so many times as he did tonight.

Oh yeah, i sort of forgot about that. Your right then i will agree with you, Big Ben wasn't pretty but he was very effective, very elusive, and he did throw some bullets like the one to Holmes.

The last TD from Kurt Warner to Larry Fitzgerald was a thing of beauty, should have been the game winner, but they left too much time on the clock.

Oh well, good game.

I was hoping to see Larry Fitzgerald win and get MVP. Those last 2 touchdowns were amazing, real highlight reel material for years to come, though it's not so big if they didn't win. Had it been the comeback of the game, it would live forever.:sad:

Quite an exciting 4th quarter.
Holmes was a no brainer for MVP, don't know what game the rest of you were watching. He had over half the Steelers receiving yardage, was really their only weapon out there as Ward was clearly hobbled and the Cards took Parker out of the game plan save for one good run.
Roethlisberger was the next choice, played well at times and was impressive in his elusiveness, but didn't have a really great game overall.
Had AZ held on, Fitzgerald would have been deserving.

The zebras made themsleves far too noticeable in this game. Some of that was on the players as there was a huge lack of discipline on both sides of the ball, but 18 penalties tells me that Terry MacAulay wants America to know who he is. And when was the last "roughing the holder" call? I don't recall ever seeing that call.
And though I think it would have been confirmed as a fumble, its inexcusable that the last Cards' offensive play is not reviewed at that juncture of that game.

Who do we like in the Pro Bowl? :wink:

Yes, but how many of those catches and receiving yards does Holmes get if Roethlisberger doesn't get away from the pressure? I counted at least 10 different times where the protection broke down to the point that the Cardinals should have had him down and couldn't finish it.

The roughing the holder call came when the Steelers kicked a field goal after being stuffed around the five yard line. With the penalty, Pittsburgh had another chance to score a TD, yet the Cardinals held them again. Dumb penalty, but that defensive stand was very impressive.

The roughing the holder call came when the Steelers kicked a field goal after being stuffed around the five yard line. With the penalty, Pittsburgh had another chance to score a TD, yet the Cardinals held them again. Dumb penalty, but that defensive stand was very impressive.
I think you misinterpreted me,
And when was the last "roughing the holder" call? I don't recall ever seeing that call.

:

I mean I don't recall ever seeing that called in a game prior to last night.

Wacky thing that, and while it can be said it didn't affect the outcome because the Cards D held Pittsboig to a FG anyway, the minute and a half the fresh set of downs used up might have come in handy at the end of the game.

If the Steelers had a better offensive line, they would be absolutely unstoppable. That's what I took from the game.

As I look at the AFC next year, the Steelers have to be the favorites to make it back. Who knows how effective Brady will be for the Pats, what the Colts are like with a new coach, what the Ravens do in trying to save their free agent LB corps and what the Chargers are like?

I think you misinterpreted me,

I mean I don't recall ever seeing that called in a game prior to last night.

Wacky thing that, and while it can be said it didn't affect the outcome because the Cards D held Pittsboig to a FG anyway, the minute and a half the fresh set of downs used up might have come in handy at the end of the game.

Yes, I did misread that.

And as last night proved, the Steelers are far from a dominant team, head and shoulders above the competition, so I expect another wide open season in 2009 in the NFL. Aside from the Lions, Rams and Bengals, I think everyone has a legit shot at the playoffs. We'll know more after free agency and the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom