The Official NHL 2008-2009 Offseason Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 rings when I was a kid, yeah. Long time ago, but still, I attended a lot of their games then.

:up:

A question for the Mikes.....

Are the Islanders getting a new arena?

It blows my mind that there is a major league team in the biggest metro area in our country that has the WORST facility (it is truly a minor league facility). I enjoyed coming home around the Holidays knowing that I could make the drive out to the island to see an NHL game (It was too difficult to get tickets to the Devils - five miles from my childhood home - or the Rangers). But that place is like a time warp to the early 80s.

And I still love the Gordon's Fisherman Alternate jerseys. :angry:

My new avatar:
NYI_Sparky.gif

:lmao:

THAT is your mascot??? Jesus Christ! and I thought our stupid polar bear was a dumb mascot...

In other news McCabe is fianlly gone... :dance:

:up:

A question for the Mikes.....

Are the Islanders getting a new arena?

Maybe. When it comes to Long Island, it's all shady politics. There is seemingly a lot of public support for it, but there's a bunch of politicians that for whatever, don't want it. SO we just wait... The area is such an ugly waste of space as it is. And yeah, the coliseum is exactly the same as it was when I went to see the circus in the early 80s. It's awful.

Since there's still a month left until hockey, here are a few pics from last night's inaugural's Festival Cup game in Toronto to tie us over:

Sundin chatting to the Flames' Regher while stretching before the game (Cujo is to Sundin's left):
SundinandEdge044.jpg

A bit of eye-candy for the girls here - Luc Robitaille!
SundinandEdge056.jpg

Tim Robbins playing for the whites - he was actually very good! (And for the second period, he wore an Obama jersey, it was funny to hear the announcer say "Obama passes the puck to Roy"):
SundinandEdge052.jpg

The Leaf fans loved seeing Gilmour and Sundin together on the ice (each was captain for their respective team). Notice how Sundin towers over Gilmour (and almost everyone actually!)
SundinandEdge065.jpg

We missed the Edge's movie to attend the game - it'll be well worth it if that was Sundin's last night at the ACC...

I like Sundin's expression to Regehr in the first photo, as if he's saying: "Dude, did you check out the blonde girl that flashed me screaming, 'Go to Montreal!!'? Awesome! I think I finally made up my mind."

:D

I like Sundin's expression to Regehr in the first photo, as if he's saying: "Dude, did you check out the blonde girl that flashed me screaming, 'Go to Montreal!!'? Awesome! I think I finally made up my mind."

:D

:lol:

My bf wouldn't let me flash him, let alone wear a Habs jersey :mad:

So the Habs are officially no longer interested in Sundin as they've acquired Robert Lange from the Chicago Blackhawks. Anyone know anything about him??

So the Habs are officially no longer interested in Sundin as they've acquired Robert Lange from the Chicago Blackhawks. Anyone know anything about him??

Robert Lang? 37-year-old centre who's been on a number of teams. Played on a line with Alex Kovalev in Pittsburgh and had his most productive season that year. Has had 8 straight seasons of at least 50 points.

So far I have tickets to one Canucks game in December. I'm hoping to get tickets to another December game, as it's the one where they will retire Trevor Linden's number. It's going to be next to impossible to find seats to that game (they're playing the Oilers, so it's already hugely popular), but we're going to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom