The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australia, what a bunch of hacks we are. I hope we get whitewashed 3-nil now....get rid of those wankers Symonds, Hayden, Haddin (although he's played well- but is a mere purple patch) and that eternally useless turd Clarke and throw Hodgey in, and we'll start winning again.

SOuth Africa were amazing

i stayed up and watched to make sure they did it!

England on the other hand are facing a huge defeat v india

Australia, what a bunch of hacks we are. I hope we get whitewashed 3-nil now....get rid of those wankers Symonds, Hayden, Haddin (although he's played well- but is a mere purple patch) and that eternally useless turd Clarke and throw Hodgey in, and we'll start winning again.

:tsk:

Symonds played quite well and is getting back to form, had two very useful innings and should have been thrown the ball. Hayden copped an astounding decision in the first innings (which, off on a tangent, reminds I need to say I do not support the player referral system, I'm a traditionalist, you take the good with the bad, 200 years of cricket has worked without it) and can still play shots. You've got to be kidding about Haddin, his detractors were extremely harsh, and this is no purple patch mate... have you not seen his first-class form? Becoming a good keeper, is a great bat, and is certainly well above the other options in this country. 'Eternally useless turd' is ridiculous, he made a fifty in the game, scored a ton and 98 against New Zealand, so I have no idea where you're getting that from. I agree on Hodgey though, never should have been dropped (he was averaging 58 and hit a double century against South Africa).

What needs to happen is we need to keep playing Krejza consistently, - he bowled well and without a lot of luck - Ponting needs a rest, Symonds shouldn't have come back in. Brett Lee is the big problem, in my opinion the biggest problem we have. You've outlined essentially four batsmen as the problem for us. They weren't the problem, most of the top order copped good balls and the tail batted extremely well - 162 runs between them - and had the top order fired we would have at the least drawn the test. Our problem was the bowling, leaving aside Mitchell Johnson, who was superb. We took 14 wickets, and he took 11. Krejza, Siddle and Lee all got one each. That is a terrible return for Lee, who is a strike bowler and should be performing much better. It's sad to watch, hopefully he can fix whatever is wrong, I'm convinced something is (I was one of the few who thought he didn't bowl that well against New Zealand). Krejza produced good balls, but needs to be persisted with. Siddle was never going to do much.

Apart from that, South Africa played extremely well, and remember this is one of the best teams we've played recently. All the batsmen are in relatively good form, and their bowlers are pretty decent.

I really didn't expect to write that much. I got in the zone. Please let me know what your problem with Clarke is. Are you jealous? :wink:

The top order (except Katich) were terrible. I hate to say it, but I do think Hayden should retire before the Ashes next year. However, I was very impressed by Haddin.

I'm somewhat suprised Krejza has been dropped for Hauritz. I really thought they were going to back him for the long term spinners position. Hilfenhaus or Watson should replace Siddle, and Lee and Johnson should retain their places. Lee didn't get the best return, but he was tidy and bowled well without a great deal of luck. Dropping Lee would just be stupid.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series if the WACA Test is an indication of what to expect. :up:

The top order (except Katich) were terrible. I hate to say it, but I do think Hayden should retire before the Ashes next year. However, I was very impressed by Haddin.

I'm somewhat suprised Krejza has been dropped for Hauritz. I really thought they were going to back him for the long term spinners position. Hilfenhaus or Watson should replace Siddle, and Lee and Johnson should retain their places. Lee didn't get the best return, but he was tidy and bowled well without a great deal of luck. Dropping Lee would just be stupid.

I'm really looking forward to the rest of the series if the WACA Test is an indication of what to expect. :up:

:up: I didn't know Krejza had been dropped... :scratch: This my what's pissing me off at the moment. Stick with the kid ffs. Warne had shit games too.

I forgot to add that.. it was a great game!!

I'll always be bitter about Clarke because at no point during his first-class career was he better than Hodge. Hodge would still be a better contributor to the side than Clarke.

I'd say the bats were a problem. The current batting line up is not as strong as South Africa's, but we do have the talent going around domestically to match them. Their bowlers are miles ahead of us, we need a stronger batting line up to compensate for this, and NOT Watson, who has done bugger all.

It is not essential that we have a spinner at all, now that MacGill has retired. We'd be best playing 3 quicks, namely Bracken (who is still ridiculously awesome at first-class level), Johnson and Lee, Symonds (or White) and Clarke (if we must continue to select him cause his Dad's paying off the selectors or whatever) can be used for spin if spin is necessary. Swap Siddle for Bracken, Krejza for Hodge, and see what happens in Melbourne.

I think AUS will lose home and away to South Africa and to england in ashes

Ponting isn't as great as he used to be

:up: I didn't know Krejza had been dropped... :scratch: This my what's pissing me off at the moment. Stick with the kid ffs. Warne had shit games too.

I forgot to add that.. it was a great game!!

Krejza is no good though. Can't Ave 50 at first class level and be a test bowler. Took some wickets on a dust bowl in India and also got smashed. 1-204 at the WACA was about right...

Casson was realy hard done by not to go to India, and his performances since (although injured a lot of the time) have resembled a guy who has had his confidence decimated by a selection panel who offered him no form of decent explanation.

Hayden is done. Sad to see it happen, but he is cooked. If he can't out-muscle an attack, he doesn't want to know about batting seriously.

Haddin is a pure talent. Anyone suggesting otherwise knows very little about cricket. He makes batting look as easy as anyone since Mark Waugh.

And those suggesting to drop Clarke obviously didn't watch the series in India or against NZ. couple of 100's, 90's. seriously... seriously?!?!!

Siddle is a talent, and would feel hard done by to be dropped. Didn't take the wickets, but he sure has the goods.

Australias problems lie in the fact that Ponting is, and always has been a very ordinary captain. He inherited one of the greatest sides ever from Waugh, lost the ashes with that team, and now Warne and McGrath have gone, he has no inspiration, or creativity in field placings, bowling changes etc. He is too negative and petulant. And it is destroying his batting.

Katich has impressed me greatly, and will continue to score buckets of runs

Hussey is in a bad spell, but noone can deny he is class and will emerge from it well.

Lee the same as Hussey - through the marriage break-up and media scrutiny in India, I expect him to bounce back.

Any more? oh Johnson. I will gladly eat my words. I have never seen a test bowler take so many wickets with bad balls. Never. People not moving their feet, flapping at juicy half-volleys 12inches outside off stump. Atrocious. He had a great game in Perth. let's hope he keeps it up.

I'll always be bitter about Clarke because at no point during his first-class career was he better than Hodge. Hodge would still be a better contributor to the side than Clarke.

I'd say the bats were a problem. The current batting line up is not as strong as South Africa's, but we do have the talent going around domestically to match them. Their bowlers are miles ahead of us, we need a stronger batting line up to compensate for this, and NOT Watson, who has done bugger all.

It is not essential that we have a spinner at all, now that MacGill has retired. We'd be best playing 3 quicks, namely Bracken (who is still ridiculously awesome at first-class level), Johnson and Lee, Symonds (or White) and Clarke (if we must continue to select him cause his Dad's paying off the selectors or whatever) can be used for spin if spin is necessary. Swap Siddle for Bracken, Krejza for Hodge, and see what happens in Melbourne.

Watson is useless. Absolutely.

About hodge though, he is a bit of a Lehman. Great first-class cricketer, but test cricket (apart from 1 innings) is beyond him. Clarke was picked for more than his stats (leadership potential among them).

Hodge is the dumbest cricketer around, and I wouldn't trust him to captain the rooty hill under 6's.

If selectors were picking people entirely on stats, we would have Michael klinger in the team. While he has had a great season, there is no way he should be in there. Teams have never been picked on stats alone, and so they shouldn't.

I find it hilarious someone could say a guy averaging nearly 50 doesn't deserve his spot.

PS Dirk Nannes is a gun, and its a crime he isn;t considered for higher honours

I think AUS will lose home and away to South Africa and to england in ashes

Ponting isn't as great as he used to be

I'll reply to the rest later, but wanted to say here that 1. yes our backs are against the wall now, 2. with their advantage they probably will, 3. you are absolutely joking, we will still beat England and 4. he needs a rest and is injured

As soon as Ponting's captaincy came under (deserved) fire,his batting has been decimated. Give the c to Clarke and let him concentrate or scoring bags of runs, rather than playing the bog standard cricket he is atm... ps, what kind of international captain comes out after a test loss, labels half his side passengers, whinges about the pitch, and god knows what else, when he scored 0 and 32, and captained like a spoilt little brat

About hodge though, he is a bit of a Lehman. Great first-class cricketer, but test cricket (apart from 1 innings) is beyond him. Clarke was picked for more than his stats (leadership potential among them).

Hodge is the dumbest cricketer around, and I wouldn't trust him to captain the rooty hill under 6's.

Bollocks man. What leadership has Clarke ever exhibited? When has he even needed to exhibit leadership? It's obvious that from a young age, his family must've known someone close to the Aussie selectors or in the ACB and he was ushered into the spotlight without having to prove himself. Meanwhile, experienced, intelligent and proven performers (Hodge, Mike Hussey, Katich and Lehmann for periods) were completely ignored.

I find it hard to judge Hodge as incapable of being a test player based on a mere 6 tests, and probably not even 10 innings. He did hit a double hundred against a talented South African bowling attack.

Clarke was able to remain relevant to selectors without doing anything remarkable because McGrath, Ponting, Warnie and Gilly powered the Australian team to constant victories. They were able to favour the "Pup" during this time, under the guise of "future investment", because there was little threat of Australia losing, due to them having the greatest keeper-batsman, one of the top five batsmen of all time, arguably the best pace bowler of all time and one of the best leggies of all time.

Bollocks man. What leadership has Clarke ever exhibited? When has he even needed to exhibit leadership? It's obvious that from a young age, his family must've known someone close to the Aussie selectors or in the ACB and he was ushered into the spotlight without having to prove himself. Meanwhile, experienced, intelligent and proven performers (Hodge, Mike Hussey, Katich and Lehmann for periods) were completely ignored.

I find it hard to judge Hodge as incapable of being a test player based on a mere 6 tests, and probably not even 10 innings. He did hit a double hundred against a talented South African bowling attack.

Clarke was able to remain relevant to selectors without doing anything remarkable because McGrath, Ponting, Warnie and Gilly powered the Australian team to constant victories. They were able to favour the "Pup" during this time, under the guise of "future investment", because there was little threat of Australia losing, due to them having the greatest keeper-batsman, one of the top five batsmen of all time, arguably the best pace bowler of all time and one of the best leggies of all time.

Being undefeated captain in 7 ODIs and 3 20-20 games, as well as captaining the Australian u19's to a world cup win at the age of 17? no leadership at all. Also, he has been the best bat (other than Katich) in the aussie team in the last 12 months. The guy has more talent than hodge does in his little finger.

He has shown leadership by being an undeafeated captain of a team Ponting is running into the ground. He is fresh, leads by example, and has an amazing cricket brain. I don't think hodge can spell cricket. Have you heard the guy speak? it's like listening to Billy Slater.

Being a disgruntled Victorian fan is one thing, but bashing one of the only players actually performing in the side for no reason is just silly.

Never mind AUS

NZ were robbed - i watched their run chase v the Windies and that stupid referral system ended their hopes

McCullum went for a big heav and missed the ball - as he moved his foot, it made a grinding noise on the pitch which the umpire (koertzen) and the bowler thought was him edging the ball to the keeper

McCullum asked for the tv umpire to see and he CLEARLY MISSED THE BALL and they still gave him out

Obviously McCullum want to happy and he went off swearing at Koertzen

They were on they way to chasing 312 as well!

Krejza is no good though. Can't Ave 50 at first class level and be a test bowler. Took some wickets on a dust bowl in India and also got smashed. 1-204 at the WACA was about right...

Casson was realy hard done by not to go to India, and his performances since (although injured a lot of the time) have resembled a guy who has had his confidence decimated by a selection panel who offered him no form of decent explanation.

Problem is we don't have any spinners who are excelling at a domestic level. McGain was the only one over the past year or so who averaged less than 40. Why Krejza was dragged in I don't know, but I agree on Casson. Who bowled alright in the West Indies, definitely should have been taken to and played in India, he wasn't, and as you his confidence has been destroyed and now we are seeing that in his bowling. The selectors have a bloody lot to answer for and I personally have been frustrated and disappointed in their actions.

Hayden is done. Sad to see it happen, but he is cooked. If he can't out-muscle an attack, he doesn't want to know about batting seriously.

Let's hope not. He is a class act, great to watch when in form. He averages over 70 I think at the 'G, has hit centuries here in three consecutive Boxing day tests, and I want him to get back to where he was. He has no retirement plans.

Australias problems lie in the fact that Ponting is, and always has been a very ordinary captain. He inherited one of the greatest sides ever from Waugh, lost the ashes with that team, and now Warne and McGrath have gone, he has no inspiration, or creativity in field placings, bowling changes etc. He is too negative and petulant. And it is destroying his batting.

:bow: Ponting is a terrible captain, and this has been evident since the 05 Ashes. He was carried by Warne and McGrath, essentially, and the pressure on Lee was never as high. He made some bad decisions in that series, was shocking against India, and again is showing his ineptitude. Body language is bad. Completely agree.

Any more? oh Johnson. I will gladly eat my words. I have never seen a test bowler take so many wickets with bad balls. Never. People not moving their feet, flapping at juicy half-volleys 12inches outside off stump. Atrocious. He had a great game in Perth. let's hope he keeps it up.

People have been singing his praises and with good reason; but he’s not still not that good. When we needed him, and I mean really needed him, on the fifth day, he couldn’t get the breakthrough. And yeah, a lot of the wickets were batsmen batting poorly to Johnson, and look at the number of wickets he’s got from batsmen get fed up and chasing wide balls. Once he develops the one that swings back in to the right handers he’ll be a world beater.

Symonds shouldn't still be playing cricket. What's he done internationally or domestically this season?

:up: spot on my man. He’s fielded well I believe.

Ponting is a turd, I hope he picks up a career ending injury.

Harsh as it sounds, I pretty much agree. Incredibly arrogant and obnoxious, I hate that grin, and an absolute knob. Lucky he’s a great bat.

You must be jealous because of Lara because he’s a shitload better than you’re suggesting. Okay, he’s ended up in the side instead of Brad Hodge. Stiff shit. Clarke’s a great player and will continue to be, unlucky for Brad. See Dan’s reply below.

I don't think hodge can spell cricket. Have you heard the guy speak? it's like listening to Billy Slater.

this made me laugh. :lol: I’ve always thought this as well…

Never mind AUS

NZ were robbed - i watched their run chase v the Windies and that stupid referral system ended their hopes

McCullum went for a big heav and missed the ball - as he moved his foot, it made a grinding noise on the pitch which the umpire (koertzen) and the bowler thought was him edging the ball to the keeper

McCullum asked for the tv umpire to see and he CLEARLY MISSED THE BALL and they still gave him out

Obviously McCullum want to happy and he went off swearing at Koertzen

They were on they way to chasing 312 as well!

As I said before, I don’t like this referral system, and it obviously needs to be ironed out before it can work. It’s all or nothing. Either you give the video ref every possible bit of technology available (hawkeye, hot spot, snicko…) or you don’t bring it in. Hot spot and snicko both would have saved McCullum.

Hayden - past it
Katich - will fail in eng
Ponting - probably back on the booze
Hussey - Mr Cricket is not as good as he thinks he is
M clarke - only hope
Symonds - back on the booze
Haddin - Will either get 0 or smash 75
Lee - Lost some pace
M Johnson - only quality bowler left in Aus
S Clarke - good player
Krezja - its either him or Paul Robinson from Neighbours - tough choice

On the other hand

Strauss - back in form
Cook - quality player - problem is he gets to 55 and then out - but at least he gets there
Bell - uselss - i'm better than him - time for Shah. Bringing back Vaughan might be an option
K Pietersen - World Class batsman
Collingwood - hit and miss - might drop him for vaughan and shah in for bell
Flintoff - Amazing bowler - cant bat as well as he usd to
Prior - dodgy keeper - batting is getting better though
S Broad - Future legend - he is a quality bowler and averages 38 with bat
Anderson- Hit and miss - but when on form he is a legend
Harmison - MR SHIT - kick him out for good - bring in Sidebottom.
Panesar - the guy is being slated at the moment and rightly so, needs to get his act together - Swann is doing ok. Maybe Adil Rashid a young legspinner could be thrown into the deep end.

Overall Ashes will be a 0-0 bore draw
2 CRAP teams

Hayden - past it
M clarke - only hope
Lee - Lost some pace
S Clarke - good player

On the other hand

Strauss - back in form
Cook - quality player - problem is he gets to 55 and then out - but at least he gets there
Bell - uselss - i'm better than him - time for Shah. Bringing back Vaughan might be an option
Panesar - the guy is being slated at the moment and rightly so, needs to get his act together - Swann is doing ok. Maybe Adil Rashid a young legspinner could be thrown into the deep end.

2 CRAP teams

haha one guess where you're from?

Hayden won't go to Ehngland. You will be playing either Chris Rogers of Phil Hughes. Either will go quite well. Rogers is quality and deserves a chance before it is too late. Hughes will play over 100 tests, but the decision to play him will rest in how he goes in tour matches (yes he will be taken on tour, esp given that he is a quality keeper too, and will be backup for haddin)

Katich has an arseload of runs in county cricket, loves playing there, and scores hundreds in West Indies, India, Aus... doesnt matter where he is, he adapts, plays unconventionally, and gets it done.

Ponting will fail if (and he will) goes as skipper

Hussey's problem is that just about every cricketer goes through a little slump after their initial first successful burst. It is highlihgted and effecting his game more because he had to wait so long to get a game. This means that he is now a very senior player, and needs to take that responsibility just as his battng is returning to the atmosphere

Clarke will smash runs, as he has been doing

Symonds head is nowhere, and yes, probably back on the drink.

Haddin. His 94 the other day (robbed of a ton by a stupid shot... he was NEVER going to get out to any conventional method) was his first 50. You may be off the mark with 0 or 75, its more like 15-30 or 100+

Lee needs to seriously get over the marriage break-up, get his mojo bac and take fuckers' heads off again.

Johnson will fail if he doesn't bowl better lines.

They need a leggie. If McGain isn't fit, or performing, the selectors HAVE to be telling NSW to give Casson a go. (Thornly hates him, bowls steven smith for hours before he'll think of giving him a roll (ODD game the other day, casson picked as a bowler gets 1 over)). Their options other than that are Joh n Holland or Daniel Doran. Holland is a good young bowler, but too green. Doran isnt good enough (better than krezja though). Aussie offies are no good, because our decks are too hard and bouncy, they get no grip, and so our offies are half as good as everywhere else.

They desperately need Stuart Clark back. Siddle is quality, but needs to be able to make that next step. Noffke lacks penetration. Hilfenhaus is good, but unproven, Tait had serious problems in englnd. Clark will do well there, exploit bounce, varies pace well.

Other option is someone like Dirk Nannes, has a bit f county experience, and has been lethal on pommy decks.

If I was picking a squad to go id have

Bats
Katich
Rogers
Hughes
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Haddin
Symonds (either him or Watson, and he is GARBAGE!)
Hussey D
Jaques

Bowlers
Lee
Johnson
Clark
McGain
Casson
Siddle
Hilfenhaus

Backups

Are there any Asians (people of India, Pakistani or Sri lankan origin) in AUS playing cricket?

I think Symonds is the only non-white player i have seen for AUS and he was born in Birmingham!

Are there any Asians (people of India, Pakistani or Sri lankan origin) in AUS playing cricket?

I think Symonds is the only non-white player i have seen for AUS and he was born in Birmingham!

Yeah heaps in club cricket, but a whites-only bias has always held true throughout our cricketing history so they hold little hope of breaking into state cricket and beyond.....the dominance of white cricketers is quite extraordinary when most white Australians are much more interested in footy, thugby and soccer than cricket.

Most Australian-Lankans, Australian-Pakis and Australian-Indians tend to support the country of their ethnic heritage.

Symonds isn't coloured, I thought he was just over-tanned?

England squad looks average. Where the hell is Simon Jones, he was a gun, can't still be injured after all these years. Time to recall Tufnell?

Hussey should be next Aussie captain, though I reckon there is nothing wrong with Punter. Gun cricketer, reliable captain.

I know this is unintentional but i see the clear differences in UK and AUS when it comes to non-white people in the post by intedomine. I always wanted to move to Aus but dont think i could cope after a few months.

In the UK - if someone said 'Paki' that would be classed as racial abuse as that term has been taken over by the far right racists- i know you meant nothing by what you said, i guess the UK is more used to non-white people as people from Pakistan are called Pakistani's.

Also coloured would be seen as offensive here. People are either black, asian (mostly south asian) or white.

And Symonds natural father was from the West Indies so he is mixed heritage. His adopted parents are white and moved to AUS when he was 3 months old so hence he sees himself as an Aussie.

By the way - McKenzie dropped the test match!

Hayden - past it
M clarke - only hope
Lee - Lost some pace
S Clarke - good player

On the other hand

Strauss - back in form

2 CRAP teams

:lmao: I'd rip through this but I can't be bothered. Just letting you know that you're wrong. :wink:

Australia > New Zealand in cricket.

:yes: :up:

New Zealand are a glorified club side.

England squad looks average. Where the hell is Simon Jones, he was a gun, can't still be injured after all these years. Time to recall Tufnell?

Hussey should be next Aussie captain, though I reckon there is nothing wrong with Punter. Gun cricketer, reliable captain.

Yeah, what did happen to Jones?? He was one of the main reasons we were beaten in the 05 Ashes and then when he missed the return series one of the main reasons you were comprehensively smashed.

Sat in Bay 13 today. Copped soooooooooooooooo much fucking shit. A bit annoyed. But that's Bay 13.

McKenzie's catch was a sitter. I barely watched any of the cricket today, but it seemed Steyn bowled better than in Perth (and Morkel was poo?)

I know this is unintentional but i see the clear differences in UK and AUS when it comes to non-white people in the post by intedomine. I always wanted to move to Aus but dont think i could cope after a few months.

In the UK - if someone said 'Paki' that would be classed as racial abuse as that term has been taken over by the far right racists- i know you meant nothing by what you said, i guess the UK is more used to non-white people as people from Pakistan are called Pakistani's.

Also coloured would be seen as offensive here. People are either black, asian (mostly south asian) or white.

And Symonds natural father was from the West Indies so he is mixed heritage. His adopted parents are white and moved to AUS when he was 3 months old so hence he sees himself as an Aussie.

By the way - McKenzie dropped the test match!

I think the main difference is the way tat certain subcultures perceive their position in the social spectrum. EG the term 'paki' here isn't necessarily a racist term, and a lot of people of Pakistani descent use it as an identifying term.

The term Asian here is considered awful, because it lumps people of, what, nearly 100 countries all into one broad race category.

Can't really call someone racist because terms get lost in translation. It is racist to not appreciate the diversity of language in different subcultures. Language is an organism, and meanings change everywhere, and even change in the sapce of a few years within the same culture.

I think the main difference is the way tat certain subcultures perceive their position in the social spectrum. EG the term 'paki' here isn't necessarily a racist term, and a lot of people of Pakistani descent use it as an identifying term.

The term Asian here is considered awful, because it lumps people of, what, nearly 100 countries all into one broad race category.

Can't really call someone racist because terms get lost in translation. It is racist to not appreciate the diversity of language in different subcultures. Language is an organism, and meanings change everywhere, and even change in the sapce of a few years within the same culture.

I wasnt accusing anyone of being racist. Just that back in old Blightly we hear a lot about some problems in AUS. It's probably 1% or less of the folk just like in most countries, but they always seem to grab the headlines unfortunately. Every country has its problems, just that it would take time to adjust to different uses of language if i ever went to AUS.

See this for reference BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Australian racism 'still serious'

In the UK most 'Asians' are from South Asia, people from the old colonies.
Same with people from the Black community, mostly West Indian or Central African. There are only a few Chinese and Japanese people in the UK. Whereas AUS has people from everywhere in Asia including the Far East.

Thats why i'm surprised no non-white people play for AUS with such diversity of people. Even if people did support the country of their origin, if they are born in AUS thats the team they can play for. England have had loads, Min Patel, Samit Patel, Mahmood, Bopara, Shah, Panesar, Ali, Solanki, Chris Lewis, Alex Tudor, Devon Malcolm, Dean Headley and we even had Nassur Hussain as captain.

Anyway, South Africa looking good. Come on you South Africans! It was funny when Haddin got out as they were talking to Ponting on tv :lol:

Ponting did well to get 101, then he just got out where he could've got more and redeemed himself even further, Katich always makes a start, in good form, Hayden needs to do well in the 2nd innings (40-50+ runs) to shake off the "he should retire" speculation. Husseys in a slump, Clarkes played well this innings, made like 90 before Siddle got out. Haddin is also in good form, although he should think about what he's doing at times. Symonds, meh, makes 20-odd and gets out. Today Lee made a decent 20-odd runs, in bowling is in a slump, Siddles been doing well, isn't bad at batting. Johnsons in good form. We'll see what Hauritz will do.

Imo we need Tait back. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom