The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought i'd pipe up and say i hope England murderise us throughout this entire one day and test series.

Given the drums are already beating for Bracewell hopefully an appalling series effort will be the end of him.

Please.

Well done to India, but they were only chasing a total of about 150... and the commentators were lauding it as one of the greatest victories of all time. The Indians bowled extremely well, don't get me wrong, but it took India nearly the entire 50 overs to chase it down, and there was a stage there when Australia was very much in the game.

Been quite impressed with Rohit Sharma, Gambhir, Dhoni's captaining, Pathan, Sharma and Sreesanth's bowling. Even if Sharma looks like a rat and barely speaks English. :lol:

Quick story: I was scoring for the our B Turf side yesterday (I play for Wyndhamvale) and our captain, who made 8 from 84 balls, at a strike rate of 9.5, hit the stumps with his bat. This is what followed.

"Fuck! What a soft fucking way to get out! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!"
"Ease up mate there's kids over here!"
"I know, I know..... FUCK!"
"Mummy, why is he saying fuck?"
*Captain punches the wall and almost breaks his hand.*

IPL looks to be a massive nail into the coffin of what cricket should be about.

Some cracking squads there, but the game is not a test of genuine cricketing ability so who you've got playing for ya is pointless.

Did you read today how much the Aussie Players are getting taxed?

Andy Symonds is only going to get just under 800,000 from his $1.4millon contract.

intedomine said:
IPL looks to be a massive nail into the coffin of what cricket should be about.

Some cracking squads there, but the game is not a test of genuine cricketing ability so who you've got playing for ya is pointless.

20/20 and the IPL are doing a great job at making me want to adopt a football code as my favourite sport

bono_man2002 said:
Did you read today how much the Aussie Players are getting taxed?

Andy Symonds is only going to get just under 800,000 from his $1.4millon contract.

And Mr. Swan gets it all.....

If you'd asked me about this situation like a week ago I was enthused. Now? Not so much.

So let me get this straight.

India is chasing 160 they bat like shit and fall in a hole.

Make em chase 317 and all of a sudden there a huge chance.

Go figure.

My mate last night was talking about how bowlers should be great batsman. I called him a dickhead, and then when Sharma got bowled, I just smiled.

That game on Friday night was one of the best games. We should have smashed them, apart from the fact that our batsmen chose now as the perfect time to all bat like shit.

An interesting note, for Canadian cricket fans, Sri Lanka is going to adopt the Canada cricket team. This is going to be a real boost to up the level of the team.

Sri Lanka Cricket chief Arjuna Ranatunga who made an official visit to Canada last week held talks with Canadian Cricket Association on the ways to offer Sri Lanka’s help for the development of the sport in Canada

During the discussions, Ranatunga has agreed to “adopt” the Canada’s national cricket team in an interesting move which would see Sri Lanka assuming the responsibility of nurturing the Canadian side to the highest international level.

The agreement between the two Cricket Boards will be signed very soon, according to sources in Canada.

Once the move is finalised, Sri Lanka will be the first South Asian Country to adopt a western Cricket playing country and it will be done on the same lines how Australia had helped Bangladesh before test status.

can't believe the thrashing RSA is giving India at the moment
only a miracle will keep them from beating India (at home) with more than an innings

didn't see that one coming to be honest

COBL_04 said:

Fucking love it!!!!!

Dunno, players don't take it seriously, matches can be decided very quickly.

Ironically, and it's a testament to the sport of cricket, the more fast-paced a cricket match is, the more dull it can be. Test cricket will always be the only format that matters...

The players not taking it seriously is what makes it so appealing to me. I would hate for Twenty20 to become a commodity where it's as serious as test cricket... players mucking around, having fun, the music, it's what we want.

Don't know if I can agree with that sentiment either... Test cricket is mroe dull, though you're right, test cricket is the absolute pinnacle.

COBL_04 said:
IPL starts tonight people, and it's beeing televised.

Fucking love it!!!!!

Shit, I missed the start of it. I see New Zealand's Brendon McCullum blasted 158 not out off 73. :up:

It's kinda hard to figure out who the hell to support though, especially with the comical team names ...

Cricinfo says it's the highest individual score in Twenty20 thus far. Fucking impressive.

And get this. On the Chennai Super Kings (who're playing now) is a player called ... wait for it ...

NAPOLEON EINSTEIN

I SHIT YOU NOT.

BEST. NAME. EVER.

Axver said:
Cricinfo says it's the highest individual score in Twenty20 thus far. Fucking impressive.

And get this. On the Chennai Super Kings (who're playing now) is a player called ... wait for it ...

NAPOLEON EINSTEIN

I SHIT YOU NOT.

BEST. NAME. EVER.

Fair name that....

Graeme Onions is pretty fair as well, Pommy wicketkeeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom