The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
50 folk ejected. Soccer violence? How much racism was directed at Indians from Bay 11 12 13 14?

Seems like an evenly poised match..

Hey, India? So your bowling is pretty good and you stopped the Aussies piling on the runs. BIG FUCKING DEAL. Next time, turn up with some batsmen.

Hey, Bangladesh? Please replace yourself with a more worthy opponent for New Zealand.

Hey, New Zealand? The above isn't saying much, and flogging Bangladesh does not count as redemption for that worthless excuse for a Chappell-Hadlee trophy defence.

Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist, et al., eat your hearts out. You've played against Bangladesh before and even you haven't caused the total carnage that Brendan McCullum just did.

80 not out off 28 balls!

The Bangladeshis took 37.5 overs to stagger to their measly 93 all out. Daniel Vettori pretty much just raped them with spin: 5 wickets off 6 overs, 2 of which were maidens, with only 7 runs given away.

And then Brendan McCullum and Jamie How came to the crease. I agree with Cricinfo's report: McCullum must have had a pre-New Year's lunch to attend, because he wasn't wasting time. He so thoroughly hogged the strike that poor How at the other end scored only 7 off 8, outscored by the eight extras! McCullum reached 50 in 19 balls, the fastest by a Kiwi and second fastest ever. Incidentally, he was simply beating his own record: he had previously scored 50 in 20 balls.

The Black Caps achieved victory in just six overs. What total fucking carnage.

It's not the record though. So :der:

Sri Lanka beat Zimbabwe off 4.2 overs, though they were chasing 36.

McCullum goes alright.

Hopefully this pitch gives India a bit, and maybe they actually turn up to bat. However I must say: India's innings' were terrible. Laxman, Ganguly and Tendulkar all played well, but I think their lacklustre scores, Axver, were more due to the fact that Australia bowled incredibly well. Especially on day four.

It'd be nice to see the Windies rise up again.

We need competition :scream:

You know what they need to bring back? Australia A. And make them a test team as well. It'd be soo great, and a perfect opportunity for players like David Hussey, Brad Hodge, Di Venuto, Katich, et al.

Or drop golden boy Clarke from the Aussie XI and replace him with the more deserving Hodge..... the biggest travesty in Australian sport

COBL_04 said:
It's not the record though. So :der:

... who the fuck cares? :der: It was still a damn impressive win. You Australians. If you're not doing it, "it's not the record though". Just shove it; you lot haven't played that well against Bangladesh (you've even lost to them!). You're arrogant as all hell when it comes to cricket. Just look at your "we need competition" whine. You do have competition. You just don't respect it; you belittle it. The Australian team is not as good as it thinks it is.

And India categorically lost due to shithouse batsmanship. Yuvraj Singh was a useless opener, Virender Sehwag's omission was a decisive factor, and players like Rahul Dravid who took forever to go nowhere (5 off 66?!) helped nobody.

The 'competition' is there, they're just not 'competitive'.

I have barely watched a minute of any of the test matches this season 'cause I can't be bothered watching a one-sided team (without Hodge) smash what should be tough opposition so convincingly.

Any team that struggles in tests against bowlers like Johnson, Hogg and Clark and batsmen like Clarke and Symonds, is a disgrace, as India were in Melbourne.

So We lost to Bangledesh?Boohoo!

Even so, that series we were clearly more focused on winning (but loosing) the Ashes.....so what.....any team that wins anything is going to drop a few games here and there.....due to lack of respect or not.

Anyways, back to the present.....Well done to Symonds today! :bow: Hogg played well also.

Yes, today was interesting. I was jumping when we were 6/134, but then Symonds thought he'd deliver. He and Hogg played very well though. Wish Hogg hadda made a ton. And Lee was good as well.

And intedomine - you very much underestimate Johnson, Clark, Clarke, Symonds and Hogg. Johnson is a terrific bowler, he proved that by being economical as all fuck and picking up vital wickets with clever bowling. Clark is a superb bowler, have a look at this record!!! He averages less than 20!!!!! Hogg will develop, and Clarke is one of our best players of spin, crafty, in superb form and great to watch. Symonds made a ton and adds firepower.

An extremely interesting period of cricket right here, India were going along nicely until Ganguly holed out, and then Yuvraj and Dhoni continued their deplorable form _(can you believe he was almost made captain??) and were dismissed for 12 and 2 each. All of sudden Harbhajan arrives at the crease, the Aussies with their tails up, but Harbhajan has made a 50 in a century partnership with Tendulkar!! Great stuff.

They were sort of starting to come along a bit recently as well... they have some talented players. Mohammed Ashraful is a name that comes to mind.

The third day wrapped up here too, with India 50 odd in front!

He seems quite erratic... hasn't impressed me much. RP Singh has been much better, as was Zaheer Khan.

Well it's lunch on day two, and after the Australians galloped away to 0/85, they suddenly lost two wickets and are now 2/90. Jacques caught for 42, whilst Ponting was dismissed by his bunny, Harbahajan, once again, for just one, which means Harbhajan is the most successful bowler against Ponting, and has his wicket three of the four times he's been dismissed this series. Great stuff. Hayden is not out on 39, and Hussey is yet to get off the mark. Harbhajan has 1/6 off 4 overs, Kumble 1/21 off 6, Singh 0/25 off 10 and Sharma 0/37 off 8.

Well I'm still interested! Here's a wrap up from all cricket being played around the world.

Day four was drawn to a close in the test between Australia and India, and whilst Australia is in control, a draw looks to be the likely result, which will break the Aussie's run of test wins, not allowing them to pass Waugh's team record of 16 consecutive. With 92 minutes lost to rain, the Aussies were 4/282 at stumps, effectively 4/213. Hayden made 123, Hussey is not out on 87. the problem is Australia will have to make a declaration, unless India bowl us out, which is unlikely. At the moment, they aren't far enough in front.

In the NZ/Bangladesh series, something utterly amazing is unfolding. Despite the fact New Zealand bowled Bangladesh out for 137 in the first innings and in return were bowled out for 357, with centuries to returnee Matt Bell and Jacob Oran, Bangladesh are right back in it! Amazingly, the Tigers' two debutant openers, Tamim Iqbal and Juniad Siddique, have put on an unbeatan opening stand of 148! This is a record!! They are now in a possibly winning position!!

TAKE THAT AXVER!!!! :wink: :wink:

Meanwhile, it's lunch on day four between the Windies and South Africa. The Proteas are well in control. They have the Windies 6/161, but effictively 6/83. Chaderpaul is 33 not out, but has a strike rate of 32.67, and Taylor is 21 not out, with a strike rate of 41.17. The 129-run stand between Ashwell Prince and Mark Boucher set up this position for the South Africans.

One Bangladesh wicket falls and they'll go like a house of cards.

Personally i hope Bangladesh win the test series (it'll never happen, but i can dream) in the wild hope it might make those clowns at NZ Cricket sack Bracewell.

coolian2 said:
So, are the umpires crooked or just shit?

Wellington Pheonix are cooler than the NZ national cricket side. Shane Smeltz is a gun.....you blokes put the Knights/FootballKIngz to shame, well done.

intedomine said:

Wellington Pheonix are cooler than the NZ national cricket side. Shane Smeltz is a gun.....you blokes put the Knights/FootballKIngz to shame, well done.

I wanted to start an A-League thread but it's probably a little late for this year

To be fair to Auckland i bet if they had a team that wasn't shit on the part and were actually called Auckland, and actually played in Auckland they'd put the Knights/Kingz to shame too

It's a shame that such a great test match, which silenced those fucking doubters, has been comletely forgotten about in the midst of racial allegations and umpiring decisions which have been incredibly taken out of proportion. What should have happened was a formal apology from Benson and Bucknor, to the Indians, and then both sacked for the remainder of the series. Then Kumble, Ponting, Lee, Harbhajan, Tendulkar and Symonds should have solved the problems out away from the cricket field and there should be no issue. Australia's integrity should not be be getting challenged; and Harbhajan should not have been suspended. End of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom