The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to be too whiny but England were practically aided by 3 umpiring blunders.

First Ashley Giles, now Graham Swann.

You don't bowl with sunnies you fucking wankers.

England should be very concerned that we only fell 115 short of chasing a 500+ target.

You do realise that had we only been chasing 406 that it would have been the equal third highest fourth innings run chase of all time.

Team records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | Cricinfo.com

So what? We got the job done.

Australia are the number one ranked team in the world. I expected nothing less than a determined fightback.

yeah.

bangladesh just beat the west indies, they won their third test overall, their first overseas test series, and the first time they've ever won consecutive tests. given the windies team was deplorable, but still a good achievement.

KP ruled out of the series.

he's clearly struggled with that injury and comes as a shock but not a surprise. I thought he might miss a test or two but not the series. Presumably Bell will come in although I don't know what number he'll bat at.

Australia's batting line up looks stronger than Englands now i think for sure (discounting phil hughes). Vice versa with the bowling assuming flintoff stays fit.

But we already know he's a wanker... :wink:

How about droping Ravi Shitcunt altogether and give Darren Pattinson or whatever his name was another go...

How about they lift Onions up the order. :up: He seems to make a decent batsman, well for Englands standards anyway. :wink:

^ underestimate hughes at your peril.

No-one would argue that South Africa have the best bowling attack in the world, and he score 400 against them in 3 tests.

He's in a pretty horrid run of form. He is smashing the ball, but look at his dismissals. An inside edge caught behind off an innocuous Flintoff ball. Caught off the glove down leg side while hooking. "Caught" at first slip off Flintoff".

He has more ability and talent than the entire England side, and he will come good

He has more ability and talent than the entire England side, and he will come good

maseur8.gif

everyone said that about ian bell a few years ago. he hasn't exactly set the world on fire.

But we already know he's a wanker... :wink:

How about droping Ravi Shitcunt altogether and give Darren Pattinson or whatever his name was another go...

Pattinson vs Siddle - Victorian vs Victorian - i would sit on the fence in this match.

*Its Bopara

Racist
Even though i do understand that shitcunt is the common name given to all asians by the aussies...

Must have been tough for this guy touring Australia
Krishnamachari Srikkanth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol: I wasn't being racist, I was trying, without subtlety, to say that he is a "shit cunt". I've never known that term to be racist.

Hughes only made 10 against Northants.

And I'd like to see you make 400 runs against South Africa there champ.

Horrendously disappointing. Fucking joke. Watson had his chance.

They had to make a change. But instead of biting the bullet and doing the right thing, they stick with a (currently) wayward change bowler who they have opening and drop the man they're investing their future in.

Ponting'll bowl if he wins this toss. :rolleyes:

weather's been fucking shit here. don't know if we'll see any play. just glad i didn't fork out £55 for a ticket :lol:

is shane watson really going to open the batting? :huh:

Good day for Aussies
Watson did well

Hughes must have been sent back to Big Brother or wherever the Aussies plucked him from

I'm there sunday

Shit uk summer as usual - rain rain rain

As Sir Noel Said
"I lost my faith in the summer time
'Cause it don't stop raining
The sky all day is as black as night"

fuck what time did the game start? :huh: i got home at 1 and mythbusters was on...

edit - haddin broke his finger after the toss, during a quick warm up.... crazy. manou to debut. poetic justice, it was haddin who rolled the ball that mcgrath stood on in 05.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom