The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well really, Hauritz is a joke of a cricketer, and in all fairness, ahead of Siddle and Hilfy, on merit, Bracken should be there.

Prior not a bad keeper-batsman.

Hussey's catch was a blinder, Pieterson's shot was attorcious (made Haurtiz look much better than he is).

If Panesar makes a 50 tomorrow I will photograph myself doing inappropriate things to inanimate objects

Well really, Hauritz is a joke of a cricketer, and in all fairness, ahead of Siddle and Hilfy, on merit, Bracken should be there.

Prior not a bad keeper-batsman.

Ritzy is no good, but neither are any of the options. Jon Holland was probably worth trying (they try everyone else!)

I will remind everyone that Casson had the most solid performance of anyone filling this spinners role.

Bracken should be there ahead of hilfy if they are looking for a wswing bowler, but not siddle. The guy thoroughly deserves his spot, and it is good to see an aussie bowler offer some real fire and 'mongrel'.

Johnson looks ineffectiual in England, as I think most of us expected. The way he bowled with the new ball was inexcusable, and he should never get the new pill again. Siddle hitting Bopara's throat was lovely to watch.

I am dumbfounded that Haurtiz and hilfenhaus played over Stuart Clark. Can someone explain how a guy with nearly 100 test wickets and an average of 22 is left out for a guy with an average of 52???

A few things.

Pietersen should be sacked for playing that shot. Atrocious.
Ravi Bopara is not a #3, nor it appears is he any good. Scratchiest 30 I've ever seen.
Johnson should be a change bowler.
Siddle is a gun and bowled the best.
Hilfy's not up to it, imo.
Leaving Clark out is a horrible decision.
Hauritz should just retire.
I hope an Ashes test is never ever played in Cardiff again. I had the volume cranked right up and I still couldn't hear a thing.

englands tail enders :up:

katich and ponting :up:

draw written all over this :down:

No way this will be a draw. Aus either declare at the end of tomorrow or are all out. If they declare they will have scored 600, and have 2 days to roll england and knock off a few rune. If they are all out there is 2 and a bit days left on a deteriorating wicket

Freddie aside, Eng Bowlers looked very average
Either a Draw or Aussie win from here
Unless Monty can take 7/97 tomorrow

KP is getting battered in the UK press, especially by G. Boycott who says he is a daft so and so for not coming out and admitting he played a stupid shot.
Not for the first time as well. If KP carried on he would have got 150 and England would be ok now.

Freddie aside, Eng Bowlers looked very average
Either a Draw or Aussie win from here
Unless Monty can take 7/97 tomorrow

KP is getting battered in the UK press, especially by G. Boycott who says he is a daft so and so for not coming out and admitting he played a stupid shot.
Not for the first time as well. If KP carried on he would have got 150 and England would be ok now.

and if Hughes had caried on, he would have scored 4 billion, but he also played a loose shot. Happens, no ifs or buts, cricket is cricket. England in the hole. KP is a 'tard. EOS

Just to make a comment, I am disheartened by two things: games where the bowlers dominate are becoming rarer and rarer. A good example was the South African series, there were plenty of solid scores there. I'm talking about test matches where bowlers extract the most out of lively, bouncing or turning pitches and get sides out cheaply, and then the match becomes real exciting, as opposed to the 1/250 we are chasing 430 odd. The other thing is the gradual decline of pitch characteristics. MCG became a drop in. Perth had less bounce and was slower. And I'm convinced the pitch at Cardiff must just about be made of bitumen,.

Great to see Punter get a ton, but I'm already bored with this series. Australia will smash England, England have nothing going for them in their bowling attack. Though maybe I'm just bitter i can't watch Le Tour for some reason.

If Onions had played, it would've been a more entertaining series, just cause his name makes me chuckle.

Who needs Gilly, ay?

Wow. We need another RIP English Cricket headline tomorrow. That petulant fielding and bowling display was abysmal. They should be ashamed to call themselves international cricketers.

England are shit.
But it doesnt help when Billy Doctrove is blind - Bopara's LBW was not out

This will be over by tea tomorrow. AUS win by an innings and 50 odd unless it rains all day. And Cardiff is a rubbish ground, should have been in England!

COME ON RAIN, ENGLAND's 12th MAN!

Yeah but Bopara is garbage, and deserves to get out.

And if we really want to go down the bad calls road, how about Martyn's THREE dodgy LBW's that probably were the deciding factor in England claiming the series.

Anyway, I have to say that England's tactics this morning were a major reason why 2020 is getting mroe popular: who wants to watch a defeated side change the field every ball and delibrately and agonisingly waste time to play for the rain. I was appalled

Really goes to show the difference between West Indies and a depleted Australia... Bopara barely looked like a grade player.

I hope an Ashes test is never staged here again, shockingly benign pitch

And Dan, all I have to say is that I agree with just about everything you say. Watching England's tactics an hour ago, and their performance in the field... it's disheartening when you consider the rich history.

And has there ever been a less intimidating bowling line up (maybe discount Fred) than Broad-Anderson-Swann-Panesar-Collingwood?

We could have made 1000.

And England are 2/17.

Woeful.

Meanwhile, is Mohammad Ashraful the most disappointing test cricketer? In terms of unfulfilled potential?

Or does the wasting talent award go firmly to Pietersen, who acted like a two year old and saw nothing wrong with the fact he played probably one of the most disgusting shots we've ever seen?

Rain, Luck and Byes have been the Poms best players for ages
since Luck and Byes are not turning up they will have to depend on Rain

For anyone getting the Sky Sports feed, this commentary is terrible. I'm not too concerned with the bias, just that they have nothing to say. There are periods for a good minute where nothing is said. Just doesn't happen with Bill, Tony, Austin Powers, Slats, Tubby, Ian, Rich, and the rest.

It's got David Lloyd and his wicked accent, that's enough for me.

Gee, England are shit. This series is gonna be a snoozefest.

Joy to watch four Aussies get centuries, almost effortlessly. I also had a laugh seeing the Poms shaking hands and smiling, well they wouldn't be tearing the hell out of each other since for them it's an all too familiar sight being murdered by many, many runs.

44-4 - i could do better than that. KP should be fined 4 weeks wages

Aus should have put the under 15's out to make this series competitive

I'm watching F1 instead now

5/94 at lunch, I told people we'd win.

So am I, and five laps in and I think Webber's lost it... :( as we know whoever is leading on lap 1 essentially wins the race these days.

I know i'm stating the goddamn obvious but only the rain can save the English now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom