The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!! - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 04:52 AM   #316
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 09:47 PM
Well, what a debut by Warner.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-11-2009, 06:04 AM   #317
45:33

Take back what I said earlier Ax

That was fucking awesome. One of the most dominant batting displays I've ever seen.

He was closing in on only the second international Twenty20 hundred too, the only other is Chris Gayle's 100 off 50 balls.

And surprise, surprise, South Africa are phailing. This is what's so often disappointing about Twenty20's, there's often one side that fails to live up.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:16 AM   #318
Vocal parasite

Got to feel bad for de Villiers. What an awful way to be "dismissed". Also, total lack of class by the Australian team - I only noticed one of them went to see if he was OK.

Right now, Duminy desperately needs a batting partner who's going to do a bit more than get dismissed after five or so runs.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 AM   #319
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
Take back what I said earlier Ax

That was fucking awesome. One of the most dominant batting displays I've ever seen.

He was closing in on only the second international Twenty20 hundred too, the only other is Chris Gayle's 100 off 50 balls.

And surprise, surprise, South Africa are phailing. This is what's so often disappointing about Twenty20's, there's often one side that fails to live up.
Which makes the whole exercise pointless, as was evident from the Oz v India match in Melbourne this time last year. What a bore that match was......
Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 AM   #320
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:47 PM
oh for a contest.

a real odi wouldn't suck as hard. i hate 20/20.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:47 AM   #321
Vocal parasite

Yeah, that game proved to be a complete fucking waste of time. Beyond Warner and Duminy's solo efforts, who really cares what happened?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:17 PM
Great match by Warner, he hasn't even played a first class game believe it or not.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:49 PM   #323
Refugee

Local Time: 11:47 PM
20-20 is all about the money - its ok to play, but not proper cricket

I still like 50 over games - there can be some amazing games with high and low scores set

KP is getting his arse kicked in eng right now- says he has done nothing wrong and he is an absolute liar - I cant stand his arrogance. At least do something major if your going to be cocky. Australia have been cocky but they win all the time. Yes i supported him when he plays well, but the best english batsman in my era, 1995 til now has been Michael vaughan, Watching him bat on form is amazing. He WAS pure class, past it now though.

Lie 1 - The standford match has nothing to do with the money

" 2 - His 'childhood' dream to captain england lol - Good one there KP, did you always plan to leave South Africa then?

" 3 - He had the backing of the dressing room - yes KP, thats why Freddie stabbed you in the back

The more he opens his gob the more he is hated

AND

He said he was going to knuckle down and play, but then sells his story for the £££ to a crappy sunday tabloid with these pics making it look like he has been treated like shit

Old 01-12-2009, 04:44 AM   #324

Well in the end, that sucked. The only thing people will take away from that game was Warner's 89. Nothing else. The IPL I still don't mind, because you get players the world over mixing in different teams, which is cool.

Kevin Pietersen is a wanker, any remote shred of respect I had for him was already lost when he claimed in a hugely premature book he'd never be bowled round his legs, and then Shane Warne did it as England put in one of the most pathetic, pitiful batting displays of all time in the Adelaide test.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:19 AM   #325
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
Well in the end, that sucked. The only thing people will take away from that game was Warner's 89. Nothing else. The IPL I still don't mind, because you get players the world over mixing in different teams, which is cool.
No credit to Duminy from you?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 01-12-2009, 05:24 AM   #326
ONE
love, blood, life

Duminy was awesome, but we all knew tht already.

Warner was special for a 22 year old kid plying his 8th 20-20 game. the NSW youth system is pretty freaky, he's probably 4th or 5th on the list of talented yougsters if you ask people who follow them. Ahead comfortably you have people like Phil hughes, Steven Smith, Usman Khawaja and Moises Henriques. All under 22. Henriques has been disappointing though. Bit of a Sahne Watson in that everyone knows what he is capable of, but just never seems to show it
Old 01-12-2009, 06:10 AM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
No credit to Duminy from you?
Oh, plenty of credit. Only that people will forget quickly Duminy's vain attempts to win the match. I'm in love with JP Duminy. If he'd retired mid-way through the Sydney test, he'd've been avergaing 100 with the bat and 1 with the ball. He'd've been the greatest cricketer ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
Duminy was awesome, but we all knew tht already.

Warner was special for a 22 year old kid plying his 8th 20-20 game. the NSW youth system is pretty freaky, he's probably 4th or 5th on the list of talented yougsters if you ask people who follow them. Ahead comfortably you have people like Phil hughes, Steven Smith, Usman Khawaja and Moises Henriques. All under 22. Henriques has been disappointing though. Bit of a Sahne Watson in that everyone knows what he is capable of, but just never seems to show it
That's all beside the point, Warner was selected for Twenty20 only, he's certainly not ahead of those blokes (well, Hughes is the only one in contention) for the test side, though he may well find himself in the one-day squad soon enough.

He was on Pete & Myf's breakfast show this morning.

He was interviewed last night, and said "you've just got to respect the good balls and put away the bad ones...:
Old 01-12-2009, 07:02 AM   #328
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 08:47 PM
Henriques hasn't done anything. I wonder if people really ever did think he was capable of big things. There was a story about him being the next big thing on Cricket Show about 4 years back and he's done nothing for NSW. Methinks the attention on him might have been due to him being MusliM, the Aussie cricket media feeling insecure and trying to take a slice of the multicultural pie, when it's anything but a sport embraced by all Australians. Soccer and AFL have much wider appeal. Cricket is purely a white man's game down under, with interest deteriorating rapidly.... Our massive subcontinental population find the Australian national side rather unappealing, preferring to support the country of their ethnic heritage than the national side and domestic competitions. Quite extraordinary.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:39 AM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:17 PM
So, anyone watching the 20/20 game tonight?
Old 01-13-2009, 04:12 AM   #330
Vocal parasite

Tonight's game blows. South Africa can't figure out how to score at any kind of decent pace, and we all know they're going to get skittled and Australia will reach the target in about 12 overs. Woop-dee-fucking-doo.

Gig pictures | Blog
Closed Thread

Tags
cricket, world cup