The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!! - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #241
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Ponting did well to get 101, then he just got out where he could've got more and redeemed himself even further, Katich always makes a start, in good form, Hayden needs to do well in the 2nd innings (40-50+ runs) to shake off the "he should retire" speculation. Husseys in a slump, Clarkes played well this innings, made like 90 before Siddle got out. Haddin is also in good form, although he should think about what he's doing at times. Symonds, meh, makes 20-odd and gets out. Today Lee made a decent 20-odd runs, in bowling is in a slump, Siddles been doing well, isn't bad at batting. Johnsons in good form. We'll see what Hauritz will do.

Imo we need Tait back.
he needs more than 40-50. Hughes belted 80* last night in the big bash, and is knocking on the door. If he doesnt score a ton here on in syd, he's done. If he feels here, he probbly should retire. He looks awful.

Ponting showed, once again how poor he is as a captain. magnificent batsman, and scored a great 100. To get out for 101, when the team isnt score enough runs smacks of 'i got my hundred, noone can blame me." the shot he played was lazy and, to be honest, awful.

Lee is looking good, and Siddle looks very dangerous.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #242
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:39 AM
3 for 100 and something it is. Doing well.

Sadly I do agree that Haydens time is over, he's about 37 years old and has lost his form. At the moment Jaques or Rogers could replace him, or even some guy who hasn't debuted yet.

Old 12-27-2008, 01:09 AM   #243
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Imo we need Tait back.
Tait, when given opportunities at test level, has done nothing, so I'm going to disagree. I'm starting to think he's a better player in the shorter forms of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_smee View Post
he needs more than 40-50. Hughes belted 80* last night in the big bash, and is knocking on the door. If he doesnt score a ton here on in syd, he's done. If he feels here, he probbly should retire. He looks awful.

Ponting showed, once again how poor he is as a captain. magnificent batsman, and scored a great 100. To get out for 101, when the team isnt score enough runs smacks of 'i got my hundred, noone can blame me." the shot he played was lazy and, to be honest, awful.

Lee is looking good, and Siddle looks very dangerous.
Hayden should play out the series, we owe it to him, and we need him. I still want him there in the 09 Ashes series. The articles in the papers are scathing and in my opinion a little unfair, as is your take on Ponting there. I know we're all a little anti-Ponting here, but there is not a chance in hell that getting out "smacked of" selfishness. Harris bowled ok as well, and Ponting looked set for 200.

Lee bowled a good first over, but man is he in a real rut at the moment. Siddle, in the meantime, has me very, very excited. He's averaging 145 clicks, which is fast, not fast medium, and the batsmen can't score off him. To see him rip through these blokes is fucking awesome, the crowd can't get enough of it, and what GREAT captaincy by Ricky Ponting to throw him the new ball on his home ground. A great show of faith and he delievered. Nice
Old 12-27-2008, 01:18 AM   #244
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:39 AM
6 for 167, who would've seen it coming?

They're in the ditch now, South Africa, they'll probably fall for under 200.

Plus Siddle and Hauritz have been amazing this innings.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:00 AM   #245
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
Tait, when given opportunities at test level, has done nothing, so I'm going to disagree. I'm starting to think he's a better player in the shorter forms of the game.

Hayden should play out the series, we owe it to him, and we need him. I still want him there in the 09 Ashes series. The articles in the papers are scathing and in my opinion a little unfair, as is your take on Ponting there. I know we're all a little anti-Ponting here, but there is not a chance in hell that getting out "smacked of" selfishness. Harris bowled ok as well, and Ponting looked set for 200.

Lee bowled a good first over, but man is he in a real rut at the moment. Siddle, in the meantime, has me very, very excited. He's averaging 145 clicks, which is fast, not fast medium, and the batsmen can't score off him. To see him rip through these blokes is fucking awesome, the crowd can't get enough of it, and what GREAT captaincy by Ricky Ponting to throw him the new ball on his home ground. A great show of faith and he delievered. Nice
I dont know if I agree with the 'we need him' bit. We need runs, and if he is not the guy to give us runs, then we dont 'need' him. I agree he should get sydney, but if he doesnt get the runs, then we should seriousl think about whether he should go to SA, because if he has lost it (i think he has), then we want our opener having played a few tests before the ashes.

About Ponting, look, it sounds rediculous, i know, but I said to my family as soona s he got his hundred "great knock, he looks like he will never get out. A real captain like a Steve Waugh now gets 150, because his team needs those runs". To lose concentration like that as a captain when your team NEEDS him to score runs, as Hayden and Hussey just aren't scoring, the shot was very very lazy. Call me harsh, but a real captain would have turned the screws.

I feel sorry for Lee. He looks awful, but the talk seems premature, he took 9 in a game 2 tests ago. He's bowling the balls, but not getting the luck. I hope it changes.

Any captain worth his salt would have given siddle the new pill. Johnson has come of age, but he can't swing the ball. He is just as effective in the 79th over as he would be in the 2nd. Siddle is a talent, and I was very very happy to see him go well today.

Personally, if I was Hayden, I would retire after this test. There is nothing worse than a guy of his quality, and standing in the game burning out the way he is. He can't hit the ball. He looks awful, his timing is off, and he is playing stupid, forceful shots. He's had a great career, he should go while people still remember him for his quality, rather than as a guy who held on WAY too long, and was carried by a declining side.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:59 PM   #246
Refugee

Local Time: 10:09 AM
Dont worry

South Africa will chase down 550 this time
Old 12-27-2008, 09:36 PM   #247

Well the tail is batting extremely well. Steyn's just copped a broken finger but is batting on, while Ponting grassed a half-sitter.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #248
Refugee

Hope SA can get any sort of a lead

Bowl AUS out for 120

chase it down and then run through Melbourne and plant the SA flag at Flinders St Station
Old 12-27-2008, 10:31 PM   #249

This is so depressing

We don't even look like snagging a wicket
Old 12-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #250
Refugee

LEGEND

Old 12-28-2008, 02:17 AM   #251
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:09 AM
....lol, we are shite........crowds are dwindling too....
Old 12-28-2008, 03:13 AM   #252
ONE
love, blood, life

^ and in melbourne, where you'd get 32,000 to a game of marbles on a sunday afternoon

Why didn't ponting bowl Katich? And if Symonds couldn't bowl earlier, why did he bowl at all?

If I was any of the aussie quicks id be disgusted at the field settings. How can any right armer expect to bowl an attacking line at a left-hander with only two guys on the leg side. Duminy just flicked balls off his hip for 2's all day... Ponting will be the death of me... Not even half of a captains arsehole.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:14 AM   #253

The crowds have been pretty strong all match... they got 40000 in today.

Katich should have bowled, Symonds shouldn't have played, and Lee definitely won't take any more part in the series.

Great knock from Duminy though, who's currently averaging about 100... I couldn't believe that their tail batted so well though. They had NO chance of getting close to our total, let alone passing it, reaching 400 and then finishing 50 runs ahead!
Old 12-28-2008, 07:11 AM   #254
ONE
love, blood, life

^ not only no chance, but there is no way in hell a past aussie team would have let it happen. I am disgusted by the way that went today. There is a serious need for a shake up, and the selectors are too gutless to make the hard decisions
Old 12-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #255
Refugee

If SA win the series the whole world will celebrate!

By end of 2009 AUS will struggle with Bangladesh

Tags
cricket, world cup