The Official Cricket '07/'08 thread!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Except the fact that Aus are 1 for 29 after 6 overs which is very annoying, they look like they don't even care. Plus what a tough crowd this thread.

Well, I take that back. Duminy can do no wrong, and now they're turning it on in the field to shut Australia down. Might we actually have a contest brewing here?

I suppose, 2 for 48 now, 110 to win off 67, its possible in 20/20 I reckon. Though only if Ponting and Hussey start hitting fours and sixes etc.

Haha, then he dropped one off Cameron White, thank god, if he caught that I would be throwing the remote at the TV screen, apart from that Duminy is basically perfect, which is annoying, he just won't get out until after he's reached 50, he catches ALMOST anything, everything he does turns to gold. :angry:

That's all beside the point, Warner was selected for Twenty20 only, he's certainly not ahead of those blokes (well, Hughes is the only one in contention) for the test side, though he may well find himself in the one-day squad soon enough.

He was on Pete & Myf's breakfast show this morning. :rolleyes:

He was interviewed last night, and said "you've just got to respect the good balls and put away the bad ones...: :lol:

I was saying that he wasnt ahead of those guys. Hes nowhere near test selection.

Henriques hasn't done anything. I wonder if people really ever did think he was capable of big things. There was a story about him being the next big thing on Cricket Show about 4 years back and he's done nothing for NSW. Methinks the attention on him might have been due to him being MusliM, the Aussie cricket media feeling insecure and trying to take a slice of the multicultural pie, when it's anything but a sport embraced by all Australians. Soccer and AFL have much wider appeal. Cricket is purely a white man's game down under, with interest deteriorating rapidly.... Our massive subcontinental population find the Australian national side rather unappealing, preferring to support the country of their ethnic heritage than the national side and domestic competitions. Quite extraordinary.

Might be a little harsh. He captained the academy last year and scored 100's and took 5/fas in plenty of games.

Never shown it in first-class/ODD cricket though

Now that's just proposterous, but I reckon he'll be a 8000+ run player. :yes:

Hard to predict those sorts of things this early. We'd have been rpedicting that about Jaques Rudolph after his first few tests, now look at him...

and Mike Hussey

he was 'better than bradman' for a bit averaging over 100

should have quit when he was on a high!

That was one hell of a game. Duminy and Albie Morkel were both exceptional.

The fielding by both sides left a lot to be desired, but Australia in particular seemed intent on throwing the game away as literally as possible.

Wow, what a game, another fantastic match, who would've thought. 4 wickets for 8 runs quickly and then Morkel and Botha coming back in a thrilling finish. Australia aren't to blame, it's just South Africa wanted it more. :yes:

Bangladesh have to be the most frustrating team in existance. They have so much potential, but they keep capitulating, in particular Mohammad Ashraful. They are losing 2-0 in their one-day series against Zimbabwe. They shouldn't be losing to Zimbabwe.

Can't believe it was ten years ago that Zimbabwe had a quality team led by the Flower brothers and looked like they would expand the top eight into the top nine by the middle of this decade.

Well, so much for that. :sigh:

Name me a player from Zimbabwe, a good one?

Can't believe it was ten years ago that Zimbabwe had a quality team led by the Flower brothers and looked like they would expand the top eight into the top nine by the middle of this decade.

Well, so much for that. :sigh:

They had a gun side. Oolonga, Streak, Flowers... they were gold.

Now, Utseya, Price and Taibu are the only two that would have a shot of playing frist-class cricket in any other country.

Bangladesh lost a few players to the ICL don't forget, but Sakib Al Hasan is one of the most talented young players anywhere, let alone just in Bangladesh.

He will be a gun of the future, great first-choice spin bowler, and also a handy number 4 or 5 bat

Yeah, Zimbabwe really used to have a good team. Streak, Flowers were good.

We could just compile a team of the best players in the national league and even they will still own the Pomz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom