The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I went for a break for about an hour and when I checked back I saw Hawks leading by 20-30 points with Mitchell kicking a goal almost from 50. I'm like "what the hell is going on?!" I do feel sorry for Geelong, having such a great season, only to lose when they most needed the win.

It really makes me wonder whether Geelong will remain a powerhouse or descend into nothing like Port Adelaide did this year. :hmm:

Next season will be very interesting with the really strong draft coming up in Nov.
And a U2 album in Feb. Sorry I felt like saying that. :reject: :drool:

Oh man - what a game today!! I was on the edge of my seat, it was so gutsy and exciting, everything a GF should be!!
I'm so happy Hawthorn won - I SOOOO should have put a bet on.
So happy for Crawf, he deserved a premiership, he's contributed so much to Hawthorn and to AFL in general.

...so what am I going to do for the next 6 months??? At least I've got Man U I guess..

....sorry if this is rambling, I've been having grand final drinks since 2pm :hyper:

The Cats will hit back hard in 2009 or they will drop. Either one of those. They will be full of fury next season in the GF rematch and they will lose one less game than they did this season. :D

Hawks :up:

Crawf :up:

The match itself :up:

Bruce commentating :up:

I agree with everything expect Bruce and Channel 7's dog act of cutting the team song. Fucking hell, its a grand final "lets cross straight to the news so you can see higlights of what you've just seen on TV for the past 3 hours."

"Oh lets interivew Shane Crawford and ask him interesting questions like "is this what you dream about" WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK HE WAS GONNA SAY!

Ok, but apart from that Channel 7 finally weren't too bad, except for some camera angles , and commentators talking bout stuff that happened off the ball during replays ect.

Would have loved for this one to be on Channel 10, with Huddo being Geelong and Quarters Hawthorn.

Well done Hawks :up:

Crawford :up:

The "17-year drought" :grumpy:

Our midfield :up:

Our defence :up:

Our attack :down:

Scarlett :up:

Ablett :up: (sun gave him norm smith)

Gettion sunburnt while knockin back seven (record!!) beers with your mates :up:

Mynt afterwards :down:

Bonnie :hug:

Grand final being for one third of members and corporate aholes :down:
Demetriou :down:

Trade week is coming up soon so is the draft, looks like we got a pretty big draft. :wink:

I love this time of year. Cricket starts back up, weather gets warmer, clothes get scantily cladier, and behind the scenes AFL goes into overdrive.

So far:

• Robert Warnock (frem) has been offered three years (?) and 1.4 mil to join Carlton, likely
  • Ryan O'Keefe (syd) has put a $600k price on his head, carlton, coll interested
  • Kosi to stay at St.K (rhymes) :giggle:
  • Jeff White shattered because no one wants him :sad:

I love this time of year. Cricket starts back up, weather gets warmer, clothes get scantily cladier, and behind the scenes AFL goes into overdrive.

So far:

• Robert Warnock (frem) has been offered three years (?) and 1.4 mil to join Carlton, likely
  • Ryan O'Keefe (syd) has put a $600k price on his head, carlton, coll interested
  • Kosi to stay at St.K (rhymes) :giggle:
  • Jeff White shattered because no one wants him :sad:

Uh, cricket, I have a feeling its gonna be a really long summer. :down:

And I hate warm weather, I have to sleep thru nights where mosquitoes are buzzing around my head, and my thin blanket is stuck to me, I want my air conditioner to be going through the whole day. I'm not gonna tolerate 35+ degree weather, I don't wanna lie on the couch and complaining about Summer, on the other hand my birthday is in February. :wink: Possibly the same time when the new U2 album is released. :drool:

Back to my :rant:, I want this weather I am getting now in Adelaide, 20 degrees, lots of rain outside. :drool: Cold nights where I can have a big blanket around me. :drool:

And I feel sorry for Jeff White because nobody wants him, well of course because he is in his early 30s.

Uh, cricket, I have a feeling its gonna be a really long summer. :down:

And I hate warm weather, I have to sleep thru nights where mosquitoes are buzzing around my head, and my thin blanket is stuck to me, I want my air conditioner to be going through the whole day. I'm not gonna tolerate 35+ degree weather, I don't wanna lie on the couch and complaining about Summer, on the other hand my birthday is in February. :wink: Possibly the same time when the new U2 album is released. :drool:

Back to my :rant:, I want this weather I am getting now in Adelaide, 20 degrees, lots of rain outside. :drool: Cold nights where I can have a big blanket around me. :drool:

And I feel sorry for Jeff White because nobody wants him, well of course because he is in his early 30s.

I don't like the reeeeally hot days, especially playing cricket in them, but otherwise I do like summer. I only hate the humidity, the flies, the mosquitos and the sunburn.

I don't like the reeeeally hot days, especially playing cricket in them, but otherwise I do like summer. I only hate the humidity, the flies, the mosquitos and the sunburn.

I don't really care about the sunburn because my skin is kinda tanned, although I was born kinda pale white.

The flies are annoying, mosquitoes don't stop buzzing and the sweat and heat is unbearable and thanks to global warming it could get worse every year. :rant:

The spud-peerlers have a higher natural skill level than the dingo-shaggers. It's a joy to watch. The Aussie style of play is ugly on the eye. A bore. It's true. Kind of goes with the way modern AFL has gone. Professionalism has been a partial come-uppance. And the spud-peelers are amateurs as well. Good luck to them.....

ben-cousins-3.jpg

HE'S BACK!!!!!!!!!

:hyper:

I thought this place was dead, and I come back and see a new post.

I don't see a picture but I see a box with a red cross in another box, but I think I know who you're talking about, Ben Cousins. He's back with the Tigers, good for him he gets another chance. :up:

I always liked the Tigers, and now I like them even more. :up:

Not gonna be pissweak and switch sides, though. :wink: I've known a few people that do that just when their favourite player goes to another team, i.e. Modra to Freo, Carey to Crows way back. And that certain other former captain of my squad, the mummy's boy that shall remain nameless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom