The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So great to see everyone run on the ground last night. :up: That was awesome. But why did Channel 10 have to get a bloke to interview him? Let the guy be....

Wasn't it just :up:

I was barricking for Fev, Hawthorn could have let him get it, really. It would have been nice, I actually think if Fev was on 99 in the 3rd term he would have been "able" to get it.

(ie: Hawthorn not putting roughead into defence.)

So the finals upon us, who's going to stop Geelong?....:scared: I'm thinking of getting flights to watch the Pies/Crows match.

Leigh stands down from Brisbane Job! :ohmy:, could he be in the running for the Port Adelaide Job in 2010? :hmm:

Brownie signed on apparently at the lions too, I wonder if Leigh had of stayed, would he have left? :hmm:

BRING ON THE FINALS!!....I'm currently looking at flights to Adelaide.

Wasn't it just :up:

I was barricking for Fev, Hawthorn could have let him get it, really. It would have been nice, I actually think if Fev was on 99 in the 3rd term he would have been "able" to get it.

(ie: Hawthorn not putting roughead into defence.)

So the finals upon us, who's going to stop Geelong?....:scared: I'm thinking of getting flights to watch the Pies/Crows match.

It would have been nice. I mean they were 12 goals up. Let the man get it. Would have been the first time in history.

That last marking contest the umps should have given a free kick to Fev, but they gave it against him.

Leigh stands down from Brisbane Job! :ohmy:, could he be in the running for the Port Adelaide Job in 2010? :hmm:

Brownie signed on apparently at the lions too, I wonder if Leigh had of stayed, would he have left? :hmm:

BRING ON THE FINALS!!....I'm currently looking at flights to Adelaide.

I was shocked to hear that as well... though from my mail it was either Browny or Leigh and Leigh gave way.

Oh really?. Thats actually what I was thinking. If Leigh had stayed, would Browny have left?...oh well good for him for staying I think.

Well if you listen to the news, Brown signed his contract 30 hours before discovering Matthews was stepping down, though you can tell from the writing that the journalists disagree with this. But good to see him staying in Brisbane. Very happy about that :up:

In the meantime, Werribe crept into the top four in the VFL, an amazing effort considering the fact that they were terrible earlier in the year. Will probably be beaten this weekend, but who knows. Massive effort :up:

Voss Has signed already? God he is such a tosser, after making a big fuss about "let me get started first" on the 5th Quarter on the weekend, he now takes the top job.

Haha, did you see the footy show last week?, how sam called Before The Game as "Prior To The Bounce" :lmao:

Voss Has signed already? God he is such a tosser, after making a big fuss about "let me get started first" on the 5th Quarter on the weekend, he now takes the top job.

Haha, did you see the footy show last week?, how sam called Before The Game as "Prior To The Bounce" :lmao:

Wow, I just read that. That's amazing. Seems to me to be a huge leap of faith, given there were many better placed candidates. :shrug:

Yeah I saw it last week, that was one of the low points I thought! It was an awesome show last week, funny all the way through.

I always enjoy the footy show, I just love Sam. The moment he goes is the moment I stop watching the footy show. Can't stand some of JB's over the top laughter, and Gary Lyon needs to lighten up.

I always enjoy the footy show, I just love Sam. The moment he goes is the moment I stop watching the footy show. Can't stand some of JB's over the top laughter, and Gary Lyon needs to lighten up.

We could have kindred spirits, or something.

Our English teacher hates Sam Newman, and there's a couple of us who adore him, and we have full-on debates about him in class. I start yelling. She brought up the Paula Wriedt incident, and I won that argument, dammit. :angry:

I love Sam. Footy Show is the best Australian TV you can get, at the moment. Mad for it, shit's cracking.

Bad luck to the Dogs, I would have liked to see them win tonight but I knew the odds were a bit against them. Hopefully Pies will get over the line tomorrow (Crows are worse scum) and good luck to the Saints, may the result not be too embarrassing!

Oh, and how about the fucking Gold fucking Coast fucking Football fucking Club? That white elephant just got fatter.

Pies are gonna lose t'day against my crows imo.

But for some reason it isn't a sell out?

We'll smash those piesI mean scum.

No offense directed towards any C'Wood fan, i'm just trying to stir it up. :reject:

I love Sam. Footy Show is the best Australian TV you can get, at the moment. Mad for it, shit's cracking.

Bad luck to the Dogs, I would have liked to see them win tonight but I knew the odds were a bit against them. Hopefully Pies will get over the line tomorrow (Crows are worse scum) and good luck to the Saints, may the result not be too embarrassing!

Oh, and how about the fucking Gold fucking Coast fucking Football fucking Club? That white elephant just got fatter.

fucking

nine picks in the top 20, access to 16 or so uncontracted players i think, access to the most talented 17 year olds before they can nominate for the draft...

Pies are gonna lose t'day against my crows imo.

But for some reason it isn't a sell out?

We'll smash those piesI mean scum.

No offense directed towards any C'Wood fan, i'm just trying to stir it up. :reject:

ouch :wink:

I was wondering the same?

Saw the Pies at Adelaide Airport today, also Gary Lyon, I believe. Funny, I've seen Mick Malthouse at least twice at airports, even been on the same plane as him once, but no other coach.

The AFL have no idea what they are doing and WILL NOT admit when they've gone wrong or screwed up, like they did be scheduling that final at ANZ stadium. All Sydney games should be played at SCG, simple as that. Retards.

I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, WSFC = :lmao:

Well you certainly speak for me. It's going to fail abysmally. I'm fine with GC17, but the 18th license should be going to Tasmania.

A bit of both. I know it was wet/torrential in Sydney, but still.

the rain was a small part of the reason. if sydney had been playing like they actually wanted a finals game then the fans would be more supportive. they've honestly played awfully last couple of weeks. it's a lacklustre sydney combined with the rain plus it being ANZ that keeps fans at home. it seems no one outside sydney is quite aware just how much the city of sydney hates that fucking stadium. it's an awful sports venue. we'll fill the cricket gound no sweat, rain or no rain, but the planktons who do the agreements between anz and the afl are in utter denial - we hate the fucking venue. all sports struggle to fill it. the goons who run the place are in complete denial. it's ridiculous. people from outside of sydney who say there are not the fan numbers to support another team have no idea what they're talking about.

The AFL have no idea what they are doing and WILL NOT admit when they've gone wrong or screwed up, like they did be scheduling that final at ANZ stadium. All Sydney games should be played at SCG, simple as that. Retards.

Exactly. Don't underestimate the fucktards who run the stadium, either. They're fully convinced that a corporate whore-ised stadium with no atmosphere, no history, no style, is going to be THE place to hold big games. Plus, the actual design of the stadium is bullshit for football. Olympics, maybe. AFL? No fucking way. No one wants to sit so far back from the game and feel like they're being swallowed up by the stadium. The MCG is how you build for numbers and keep ambience. Not that eyesore at Homebush.

the rain was a small part of the reason. if sydney had been playing like they actually wanted a finals game then the fans would be more supportive. they've honestly played awfully last couple of weeks. it's a lacklustre sydney combined with the rain plus it being ANZ that keeps fans at home. it seems no one outside sydney is quite aware just how much the city of sydney hates that fucking stadium. it's an awful sports venue. we'll fill the cricket gound no sweat, rain or no rain, but the planktons who do the agreements between anz and the afl are in utter denial - we hate the fucking venue. all sports struggle to fill it. the goons who run the place are in complete denial. it's ridiculous. people from outside of sydney who say there are not the fan numbers to support another team have no idea what they're talking about.

Exactly. Don't underestimate the fucktards who run the stadium, either. They're fully convinced that a corporate whore-ised stadium with no atmosphere, no history, no style, is going to be THE place to hold big games. Plus, the actual design of the stadium is bullshit for football. Olympics, maybe. AFL? No fucking way. No one wants to sit so far back from the game and feel like they're being swallowed up by the stadium. The MCG is how you build for numbers and keep ambience. Not that eyesore at Homebush.

:bow: :up: :love:

And these are just some of the reasons why I hate the people who run the AFL. Sadly, any commonsense ideas are just turned down before Demetriou even listens. He is an absolute ignoramus. So out of touch with what the fans want.

"We don't want a night grand final..."
"In a few years this might be feasible maximising audiences blah blah blah i want more fucking endorsement"
"West Sydney won't work not being supported"
"I can see it will be an uphill battle but I like a challenge despite the fact I'll be the only person on the planet support the idea"

Stupid, stupid man.

Well you certainly speak for me. It's going to fail abysmally. I'm fine with GC17, but the 18th license should be going to Tasmania.

:up:

Go The Pies! :rockon:

I'm officially booking my ticket for the semi final, on Wednesday!....how come Collingwood are always successful when I DON'T have a membership!

All the other sides can go and shove it, the only match worth watching in AFL is Geelong v Hawthorn in the Grand Final. Let it happen, it will be an amazing thing to watch come the last Saturday of September.

Do you think maybe they'd be more than half a chance with Didak/Shaw? We know they won't play but...

Great av :love:

To be honest, No.

Didak is a good goal kicker but he does muck up with his freakish shots at goal more than not.

Heath Shaw is a good "running out of defence" defender, and he's been heavily tagged this season and has had little impact after the first half of the season.

Lets say we beat St.Kilda on Saturday night (Its no certainty, Harvey will want to play another week and Saint Nick will wanna be back in Form) We then come up against our bogie side, Hawthorn.

Roughhead and Franlkin combined, have kicked a higher score than Collingwood as a team have kicked against Hawthron in 2008. That said, finals are a whole new ball game, right off the blocks I was confident we'd beat Adelaide, they just looked a bit more nervous and slower in the play (At least for the first quarter), That said, Hawthorn are a top two team, and Adelaide will wind up finishing 8th once the Finals are done and dusted.

If St.Kilda get over the pies this weekend, I think they'll be more of a threat to Hawthorn than Collingwood will be.

Great win by the Doggies last night. It has been sad to see them collapse in the latter half of the year, they played some great football earlier in the year. But they'll lose next week. :D

Peter Everitt has retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom