The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
good to see the tigers get up against port:applaud:

btw cobl4 i am 15 years old turning 16 in december

how old are you guys if u dont mind me asking:reject:

hi sadpunk:)
u guys can call me pat if you want or mydisplay name

Hi Pat! I'm Anna. I live close enough to Sydney to call it Sydney out of habit to everyone overseas, but it's really about 2 hours away, and the Swans are my beloveds. I had a Paul Roos Ever Changing sig here but it's been stolen. Oh, and I'm 31. You'll hear me rant and spit a lot re: the Swans :D

:wave:

shutup! :angry:

He was unfairly targeted. And besides, it's all over now. He doesn't need anotherBrownlow anyway!

And he's not gifted. He's special, yes, very fucking special, actually, but overall he's about as gifted as my arse!!
neenerneener.gif

shutup! :angry:

He was unfairly targeted. And besides, it's all over now. He doesn't need anotherBrownlow anyway!

And he's not gifted. He's special, yes, very fucking special, actually, but overall he's about as gifted as my arse!!
neenerneener.gif

:lmao:

The incidents he's be done for so far this year are pathetic though... if you go back to 2003 Mark Ricciuto would have been soooo uneligible for the Brownlow....

Carn the dees!!!!!

Fantastic win, very happy to see them get up. It means West Coast have now assumed the mantle of wooden spoon favourites, not even 8 months since they came within inches of making a prelim final...

guess sport is not as interesting this year, threads are dying everywhere...

At the moment I currently don't understand my own club.

We can beat the best, by 86 points (Ok Geelong had a very off night), but the point is we can beat the best. I still don't understand who Carlton have the wood on us this year, and they have well and truly owned us!

It'll be interesting to see how the run home goes for the rest of the top 8 now. I dare say the Navy Blues have cost us the top 4 however.

At the moment I currently don't understand my own club.

We can beat the best, by 86 points (Ok Geelong had a very off night), but the point is we can beat the best. I still don't understand who Carlton have the wood on us this year, and they have well and truly owned us!

It'll be interesting to see how the run home goes for the rest of the top 8 now. I dare say the Navy Blues have cost us the top 4 however.

The problem for you guys, despite the win last night, is that (I think) the Swans are still two games ahead in the top four... I was expecting a much better performance from them however.

If Hall goes again, I'll be very disappointed. Didn't even hit him!!

Werribee beat Geelong in the VFL today :dancing: Now they are 7-6, which is a fine achievement, considering they have a very young list and only a partial AFL alignment.

I would support Geelong trading Brent Prismall. He'd be a leading midfielder at any other club, but because he's at Geelong he can't get many AFL games despite playing well, and he deserves better than that.

Swanies should get rid of those dead weights Hall and Everitt, and make a massive move for Fevola and Cousins.

Oh my, we're terrible. :lol: And to think I was looking forward to this season after the hell of the last year. We deserve the spoon, really...

Vlad, another Adelaidean! Club and suburb, if you don't mind me asking? :)

Swanies should get rid of those dead weights Hall and Everitt, and make a massive move for Fevola and Cousins.

First of all, neither of those two are 'dead weights'. Hall is a very good player, who, as Glenn Archer explained, struggles with these mind snaps. All this psychologist crap is bullshit, and he should not have been suspended in my view. He should be playing this week.

Peter Everitt has been injured this year, he is a great ruckman, albeit old, and will be servicable for at least another year yet.

Fevola won't be going anywhere, that was confirmed at the weekend, though he'd better stop pissing everyone off with this dicking around re his contract.

Cousins, if he comes back, will play in Melbourne. I believe that Paul Roos has already said they aren't interested in him.

Oh my, we're terrible. :lol: And to think I was looking forward to this season after the hell of the last year. We deserve the spoon, really...

:lol: I feel sorry for you. And Dean Cox, who you can see is visibly hurt at the way his team is playing. I don't know what the mail is over in WA, but surely Daniel Kerr does not want to be there.

I fail to understand however, that a side who were within minutes of making a preliminary final last year, and a team containing 13 premiership players of the calibre Cox, Kerr, Priddis, Rosa, Glass, etc can capitulate to Richmond, who, whilst they are improving, are nothing to shout from the rooftops about. At Subiaco as well.

It was an absolute death trap only two years ago.

Vlad, another Adelaidean! Club and suburb, if you don't mind me asking? :)

I go for the Crows and I live in the western suburbs near the beach.

Looks like Geelong really took it to WB in the last quarter, who would've imagined they'd have originally thump them by 60-odd points :ohmy:.

As for me, I'm looking forward to the big Adelaide showdown, lets hope that Adelaide really humiliate Port :D.

Wow. We are amazing! :D

Something weird's happened though. I'm not nearly as passionate about Geelong as I was two years ago. I cried when we lost the prelim to Brisbane in '04. I was tearing my hair out after the win against Collingwood.

And then all of a sudden I lost some passion :(

Werribee won again yesterday, with Nathan Thompson kicking six goals, and Leigh Brown one of Werribee's best. However, the best part was - wait for it - Werribee had 80 tackles. That's unfuckingbelievable.

And by the way, if anyone sees some juicy odds, let me know, cos I can bet now :D

Last edited:
Wow. We are amazing! :D

Something weird's happened though. I'm not nearly as passionate about Geelong as I was two years ago. I cried when we lost the prelim to Brisbane in '04. I was tearing my hair out after the win against Collingwood.

And then all of a sudden I lost some passion :(

I was hardcore about the Bloods back between 99-2001 and then I just lost the passion. 2005 was nice and everything, but it had little meaning for me personally.

imo Geelong should get over Hawthorn comfortably seeing as they thumped WB. And besides, Hawthorn lost to a still-mediocre team in St Kilda (I think they're crap personally) :down:

You can bet 50 bucks on Geelong and Franklin kicking twice as many behinds as goals. :lol:

It seems also that Sydney brought back Big Bad Barry Hall, :angry: I'm pretty sure he hasn't had enough time on the sidelines with his anger problem. Anyway us Crows have a very good record against them so we can win. :D

Righty', the Crows (yay) beat Sydney :up: by 30-odd points with sydney kicking 6.17 (I think)

And the tigers pipped the lions, looks like they are making a move to the finals. :|

Fucking hell, what a win by the Tigers. Maybe I'll start paying more attention to the season or something.

Not to be a fairweather fan, but it's damn hard to initially get into a team when you have no attachment to any in the tournament and the one you arbitrarily chose because their colours are the same as your rugby team (Wellington's yellow and black) is pretty crap and doing nothing to motivate you to care. But that fourth quarter was pretty damn exciting.

Kind of a shame it had to be over Brisbane Fitzroy, ostensibly my second team, but I'll take anything that can get me more into properly following the season rather than just paying attention whenever the mood catches me or when Melbourne catches finals fever.

Funny how the Saints got convincingly beaten by cellar dwellers West Coast and the Bombers destroyed the Pies top 4 hopes. :up:
Somehow opens things up.

My team doesn't deserve to be in the eight right now. We lost to (albeit improving) Essendon....but still!

If we can't get up, or at least Challenge the Hawks (I mean get a bit closer than 70odd Points this time)....we may as well start tanking....

Go The Tigers :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom