The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
Tell your mate he's a big fool, Dan. Cuz is the best we've ever had. You'll never see another player push himself as hard as he did. First on the field, last off.

Oh Bonnie believe me I did. I hate him anway, this gave me another reason to rip into him. Cousins was (and hopefully still will be) and absolute legend of the game.

You only need to watch his comeback game against sydney for proof of that. One of the best games of all time, with no match practice whatsoever.

And I also found out that he played about 230 odd games!! Had he not gone off the rails he would defineitely have played 300 games....

Gees, did the dockers give Geelong a bit of a scare tonight or what?? I got a bit nervous there for a while about my tips this week, what with bloody Collingwood thrashing Essendon this arvo :(

No worries, Adelaide will smash Carlton tomorrow arvo, and all will be good in the world :)

mysterious_jen said:
Carn the MOTHERFUCKING PIES! ownd the dons.

:bow: :bow: first half was decent.

I HATE Dale Thomas.

And Pedlebury got robbed for the Anzac Medal, Medhurst, yes played very well, but Pendlebury was awesome, and Medhurst made a few mistakes.

If Cloke could kick straight he'd be huge.

Gees, did the dockers give Geelong a bit of a scare tonight or what?? I got a bit nervous there for a while about my tips this week, what with bloody Collingwood thrashing Essendon this arvo

No worries, Adelaide will smash Carlton tomorrow arvo, and all will be good in the world

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw we were like 52 - 14 down.

and we still came back and won!! :lmao:

Joel Corey was paying like $5 bucks for most possesions with the TAB, and if I'd been 18 I would've gone down and bet, and would have won heaps.

Anzac match was a bore, shouldn't even be played.....should be our national day...overhyped garbage that match was against two stale clubs.

intedomine said:
Anzac match was a bore, shouldn't even be played.....should be our national day...overhyped garbage that match was against two stale clubs.

It was most certainly a bore, but I think it's terrific that Ess and Coll play the game. The two biggest drawing clubs in the league, and apart from the grand final it's the biggest game of the season, the lead up is almost grand finalish in its preparations.

The Sad Punk said:
God, we suck.

Yep :D I couldn't help but escape the feeling that something died at the Telstra Dome last night.

When I went to the Werribee v Northern Bullants game at MC Labour Park (Optus Oval, Princes Park, etc etc etc etc, Etc Park) today I had a Blues supporter tell me that Kerr doesn't want to be there, he wants to play with big Juddy at Carlton.

How he'd know that, I'm not sure.

It's pretty obvious Tarrant's not happy at Freo though... maybe you could shed some light Bonnie? :cute:

Werribee won today!!!!! :yippee: Though if they didn't have this alliance with teh Kangaroos, they'd be dead.

yeah, i noticed that you get a point for a draw on sportsbet.com as well - a bit silly really.
I got 6 again in the work tipping - that's the one that matters:)
I can't remember there ever being draws two weeks in a row - certainly not for as long as I've been doing footy tipping!!

I love my mother. This afternoon, she called me excitedly to let me know that her Lions were beating the Cats by a margin of over two goals ... then she calls me at about 7:30pm to let me know the Lions lost by something like five goals. :lol:

Oooh, we are playing shocking football at the minute, yet still winning games. I love it.

And I felt really glad that Melbourne got up today. They were 51 points down at half time, 32 down at 3/4 time and won by seven I think.

Fremantle fucking suck. Your teams must be copping an absolute pasting over there Bonnie.

Holy shit, the Demons won! :ohmy:

And over the Dockers too. Couldn't have humiliated a team I like less. :up:

Can't stand the Demons, ghastly soul less club with mostly fairweather posh supporters, was hoping they'd lose today, but bloody Freo blew it. Can't wait for the day the Demons are forced to merge or relocate or whatever

mysterious_jen said:
hands up who tipped 8. oh oh me!

wow, that is a good effort considering some results this round. well done.

Can't stand the Demons, ghastly soul less club with mostly fairweather posh supporters, was hoping they'd lose today, but bloody Freo blew it. Can't wait for the day the Demons are forced to merge or relocate or whatever

Are you serious?? On what are you basing that claim upon?? That sounds horrible. You're the one who bangs on about the loss of traditionalism in AFL, if Melbourne relocates then thats the fall of the most traditional club!

COBL_04 said:

Are you serious?? On what are you basing that claim upon?? That sounds horrible. You're the one who bangs on about the loss of traditionalism in AFL, if Melbourne relocates then thats the fall of the most traditional club!

VFL/AFL Tradition is already beyond recovery, they might as well scrap the hangers-on and start again, I'm only echoing what Jackson and Demetriou have been pushing for years.

And with the Demons out the way, the transformation will be complete, Collingwood will be Melbourne's team, and this was only re-inforced last week with Collingwood's invasion into and takeover of the Olympic Park precinct. Out with Athletics (dispicably moved to Bob Jane Stadium - gotta feel for South Melbourne SC), and in with "Collingwood".

Melbourne'll merge with North Melbourne or Richmond or The Artist Formerly Known As Footscray or someone, that is the reality of AFL these days.....

The only safe teams in their current form are St Kilda, Geelong, Essendon and "Collingwood", and Carlton should be right, but they could enhance their brand via a merger.

AFL 2030?

"Collingwood" (renamed Melbourne Magpies by then?)
Essendon (Bulldogs)?
St Kilda (South-East)
Geelong
Carlton 'Roos
Melbourne Tigers?

Tassie Hawks
West Sydney
Sydney
Adelaide
Port Power!
West Coast
Fremantle
Brisbane
Gold Coast Sunz

COBL_04 said:
Fremantle fucking suck. Your teams must be copping an absolute pasting over there Bonnie.

Freo aren't one of my teams. Only got the one. :wink:

We're really shocking at the moment, I keep quiet about things usually, but I still complain and say "Woosha shouldn't be doing this!" and stuff like that a lot, when the situation arises.

I really can't see where our next win is. Next year?

when do you play Melbourne? :lol:

intedomine said:

VFL/AFL Tradition is already beyond recovery, they might as well scrap the hangers-on and start again, I'm only echoing what Jackson and Demetriou have been pushing for years.

And with the Demons out the way, the transformation will be complete, Collingwood will be Melbourne's team, and this was only re-inforced last week with Collingwood's invasion into and takeover of the Olympic Park precinct. Out with Athletics (dispicably moved to Bob Jane Stadium - gotta feel for South Melbourne SC), and in with "Collingwood".

Melbourne'll merge with North Melbourne or Richmond or The Artist Formerly Known As Footscray or someone, that is the reality of AFL these days.....

The only safe teams in their current form are St Kilda, Geelong, Essendon and "Collingwood", and Carlton should be right, but they could enhance their brand via a merger.

AFL 2030?

"Collingwood" (renamed Melbourne Magpies by then?)
Essendon (Bulldogs)?
St Kilda (South-East)
Geelong
Carlton 'Roos
Melbourne Tigers?

Tassie Hawks
West Sydney
Sydney
Adelaide
Port Power!
West Coast
Fremantle
Brisbane
Gold Coast Sunz

I really don't see any of these mergers every happening. That's ridiculous. Sadly there's not going to be a Tasmanian team for a while, which is a joke because they're far better served to have a team then either the Gold Coast or West Sydney.

I am furious about the fixture. What the fuck does AFL think it's doing?? How is Hawks v Demons in Rounds 1, 9 any better than Hawks v Us not being till round 17. So stupid.

COBL_04 said:
I am furious about the fixture. What the fuck does AFL think it's doing?? How is Hawks v Demons in Rounds 1, 9 any better than Hawks v Us not being till round 17. So stupid.

It's supposedly some computerised system they use now, a software package thing.

Supposedly it makes the draw fair and equal?! I don't know how the AFL can claim to have a draw that is fair and equal when they are all a bunch of wacko-capitalistic sell-outs who schedule "blockbusters" and derbies twice every year.

30 rounds a season, or if the AFL players are all so hard done by by that, adopt a 3 times over 2 years policy....

Wow.

I was at Friday nights Pies V Cats Game....and I was wondering when Geelong were gonna turn up?.....And Travis Cloke, take a bow!

Then Listening to SEN on the way home hearing all the cats and pies fans callign up was interesting. The Collingwood fans calling up thinking Geelong is just going to fall in a heap is a joke. And the cats fans were quick to turn on their side at the game last night..(well from what I saw anyway) They're still the measuring stick up there with Hawthorn and Footscray, and Collingwood are on the way up if they can keep good form, and they actually turn up to play, unlike the first few rounds.

Yes, Geelong were bound to loose a game eventually, I didn't expect it to be last night though, and by such a big margin. But they will bounce back, and I'm glad I'm not a Blues supporter going next weekend!

Go Pies! :) *Books tickets for the west coast game next week*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom