The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bugger - i missed the interference tipping this year :( Don't know how that happened....

Oh well, maybe it's lucky for you guys, I'm leading in 2 other tipping comps already :)

By the way HOW awesome were Adelaide on the weekend? Can't wait til Sunday when we kick some sorry Port arse!!!

mysterious_jen said:
who watched wayne carey on enough rope and what did you think?

parts i thought were quite touching, others i could tell he was lying ,

but i feel for the poor bastard.

oh and hai footy thread. you will hear more from me when i can figure out the season. :flirt:

:yay: jen :hug:

I saw Wayne Carey.... I feel sorry for him as well, I reeally hope he doesn't get 15 years in jail, I hope he gets his life back on track... but there were a few parts where I think he was hiding things. Denton is a great interviewer, hard to believe he was a stand up comedian! Carey was very uncomfortable.

And when you saw what his Dad said in the paper, it's pretty easy to understand why Carey's turned out this way.

I didn't watch the Geelong/Dees game, but fucking oath, Melbourne didn't do that bad! Surely noone was expecting them to get within 80 points let alone a sniff.

I was at the Geelong/Dees game. Both sides played pretty poorly I thought, skill-wise. But all my Geelong mates are saying how shit we are for not smashing them... Melbourne aren't that bad. And I did not want to rock up and see an annihition.

Also if anyone saw the Footy Show last week Sam Newman is a bit of hot water over a stunt he did about Caroline Wilson...

Newman's actions were disgusting. Derogatory towards women, but Sexist Sam's chauvinism towards women is nothing new. if Nine had any morals, they'd sack him.

I'm a woman and I think Sam is hilariously daring, no matter how misogynistic he may be. I'd rather the Footy Show stayed the same, I don't want to have to watch bloody Before the Game.

Bookmark this: I've tipped the Dees!

The Sad Punk said:
I'm a woman and I think Sam is hilariously daring, no matter how misogynistic he may be. I'd rather the Footy Show stayed the same, I don't want to have to watch bloody Before the Game.

Bookmark this: I've tipped the Dees!

:up: :up:

Inte it's not like he imitated having sex with the doll or anything, he was just having a dig. The show would be nothing without him.

I used to watch Before the Game but it just isn't funny any more.

Mick Molloy has not been funny since The Late Show, and maybe Crackerjack and Bad Eggs.

COBL_04 said:

The show would be nothing without him.

The show might actually be a show about football, but that's probably asking a bit too much these days.

Caroline has it rough. AFL is full of chauvinist bigots who have been undermining her for years, for the fact that she's a woman and is journalistically daring and open.

Mind you, like the two other women who are "big" in the football media, Sam Lane and Christi Malthouse, the main reason Caro has got where she has is 'cause of who her Dad is. Nepotism is disgustingly rife...

The show might actually be a show about football, but that's probably asking a bit too much these days.

I guess it's not enough to watch all the other shows that also focus on football, or to read magazines, check sites and forums or perhaps even watch the games.

I do agree that we could use some more female personalities in the AFL media, but that's one of the many problems with the organisation at this time. Not to say I take the game lightly, but to scrape the Footy Show off the airwaves isn't going to help much. Who honestly takes those guys seriously? Those that do probably won't change their minds anytime soon.

Sorry, who's Caro's dad? And for the record i think she's pretty well respected in the football world, certainly more so than Craig Hutchison, who I abhor.

And if it was completely about football, inte, it would be boring as all hell, like Talking Footy was.

Dogs are playing well!!

what in god's name happened to port last night????? we flicked over to catch the last qrtr in a bid to avoid more bullshit on hall (and what the hell is wrong with him??? i hope he gets 6 weeks. you can take a man out of st kilda... ) and we witnessed the most depressing comeback i've ever seen in my life. they (bris) most certainly deserved it, but my god.
:crack:

COBL_04 said:
Sorry, who's Caro's dad? And for the record i think she's pretty well respected in the football world, certainly more so than Craig Hutchison, who I abhor.

And if it was completely about football, inte, it would be boring as all hell, like Talking Footy was.

Dogs are playing well!!

Wilson's Dad is like chairman or a board member at Richmond or something....Hutchy is alright, just a bit of a dumbass.

4 Quarters >>>>>> Talking Footy (esp. with Bruce and Wallsy) >>>>>>> Rex Hunt Footy Panel >>>>>>>Live & Kicking >>>>>>>> Footy Classified>>>>>>>>>>>All other footy shows.

See I can't even deal with Footy Classified any more.

Footy Show >>>> Rex Hunt >>>> Live and Kicking >>>> Sunday Footy Show >>>> Before the Game >>>> Talking Footy >>>> Footy Classified

I've never seen a side just die like port did last night. Brisbane did kick 9.6 sure, but man.

and the Tigers :drool: I love Richmond winning. same as Carlton.

Also Werribee tigerrs cracked thru for their first win today against Bendigo. :dancing:

yeah mandy the granny must been great for you guys as well.

Who is going to stop BUDDY LOVE?????? The Hawks are just full of players that do not give a fuck and I love it. Lewis, Bateman, Hodge, Franklin.... love it.

All everyone wants to see right now is Geelong vs Hawthorn... but at the AFL they aren't very bright. Well, in fact, they're incredibly stupid. Incredibly stupid. We don't play each other till round 17. Idiotic.

I'd like to see how Scarlett would do on Buddy Love. Amazingly enough, last year Buddy showed flashes of brilliance, but in the end was too inconsistent.

This year he has become one of the best players in the comp, I'm considering putting money on him to kick a ton this year.

COBL_04 said:
See I can't even deal with Footy Classified any more.

Footy Show >>>> Rex Hunt >>>> Live and Kicking >>>> Sunday Footy Show >>>> Before the Game >>>> Talking Footy >>>> Footy Classified

I've never seen a side just die like port did last night. Brisbane did kick 9.6 sure, but man.

Footy Classified is pretty crappy. Its just good to watch when theres nothing else on TV monday nights (well after GNW)

I wonder why seven hasn't brought back talking footy?

Before The Game (although I haven't seen an episode this year) craps all over the Sunday Footy Show. I vaguely remember the old Sunday Footy Show with Sam Newman and all the other guys when the panel was about 30,000 in size :lol:

Aaaaand.....Port sure as hell did die didn't they?!

Its worse when it happens to the team you support. as it happened in 2004 in round (4?) Mapgies V Blues.....looking pretty 20odd points up in at 3 QTR time, Leon kicks the first goal......Carlton still win.

And after Sundays terrible performance, and Carlton's marvelous performance, from 5 or 6 Blue V Pies game, I've not seen one victory. Mick had a shocker day coaching, and his players didn't help out either.

Well I took Harry O out of my dream team and replaced him with Marty clarke :drool: one player who almost cost us a premiership flag last year.

GNW kicks all kinds of ass, though I cannot stand Mikey robbins. such an idiot.

Its a bit silly isn't it?

Although if Hawthorn keeps up their awesome form It'll be a great match!

Its stupid that the repeat round 4 in round 12 instead of round 19-20 or whatever they used to do.

Port got a win. Tipping was heavily screwd over this weekend!

Yes, the AFL continues to fix something that wasn't broke, as per usual.

I don't know if anyone's realised, but Hawthorn play Melbourne again in Round 9. How ridiculously stupid.

Also had an argument with my mate over Benny Cousins - who I LOVE - I said he'll come back to footy, and this guy was an absolute moron. He thinks Cousins wasn't that good in the first place, and that if he comes back it'll only be in the waffle. He also thinks that Cousins isn't Victorian. Eeeeejit.

Tell your mate he's a big fool, Dan. Cuz is the best we've ever had. You'll never see another player push himself as hard as he did. First on the field, last off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom