The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!! - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 01:24 AM   #346
45:33

Local Time: 04:21 AM
Well Cooney won the medal, what a tense ending! Simon Black is a proven votewinner, anyone that jumped on him or Cooney would have been very pleased. One punter had $1000 on him at $41. Pleased to see Joel Selwood reap 19 votes in just his second year, shattered for Gazza.

What I'm not happy about is Adam Goodes. Everyone fucking loves him for some reason. A good player, sure. He had one of his worst years for a while, even Paul Roos admitted that. And he got 21 votes!!! He had to be reported about four bloody times before he was finally suspended, but the biggest travesty was that he received two votes in the first game against us. Now, on that day Gary Ablett played a blinder, and Goodes was kept to 14 touches, trounced by Cameron Ling, and kicked four behinds. This was the game Roos was unimpressed by him. But the umpires adjudged him the second best player on the ground! What the hell?!?!

Old 09-23-2008, 01:45 AM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:21 AM
Tense Brownlow indeed, disappointing result. Cooney's just another midfielder who happens to rack up plenty of possessions, there's about 10 other midfielder's in the league who I'd much rather have playing in my side.

Would've loved to have seen Richo snare the medal, would've been awesome. Top bloke, as well as player.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:49 AM   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Tense Brownlow indeed, disappointing result. Cooney's just another midfielder who happens to rack up plenty of possessions, there's about 10 other midfielder's in the league who I'd much rather have playing in my side.

Would've loved to have seen Richo snare the medal, would've been awesome. Top bloke, as well as player.
We were talking about this last night. If you got asked, who was the best midfielder this year, the answer undoubtedly is Ablett. Really, he's the best player for mine. But according to the umpires, Richardson had as good a season as Ablett, which is just wrong, though I was supporting him too. Best performance by a forward in some time.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:05 AM   #349
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

And as much as I like Goodesy, if he's capable of snaring 21 votes, than Kirk should've snared 35 votes.
Old 09-23-2008, 06:23 AM   #350

Hear today that Hall might be leaving Sydney?
Old 09-23-2008, 07:53 AM   #351
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
Hear today that Hall might be leaving Sydney?
I'd be really surprised if he played another season at Sydney, to be honest, and even more surprised if he played one at another club. Who'd want him? He's not half the forward he was 5 years ago. He's on the retiree list, for sure.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:27 AM   #352
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Hope he leaves, he's a liability.

Swannies are still a good side, yet Hawthorn, Footscray and Geelong are not threatened by us and we are no threat for a flag. Rebuilding starts now, let's avoid potential years of languishing in the bottom eight, and start focusing on being the next Geelong. No major clean out necessary, let the older folk retire when they need to and make sure key players (Goodes, Malceski) sign contracts.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #353

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
I'd be really surprised if he played another season at Sydney, to be honest, and even more surprised if he played one at another club. Who'd want him? He's not half the forward he was 5 years ago. He's on the retiree list, for sure.
Fair point though I'm suprised to see you say it! Still played a few good games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Hope he leaves, he's a liability.

Swannies are still a good side, yet Hawthorn, Footscray and Geelong are not threatened by us and we are no threat for a flag. Rebuilding starts now, let's avoid potential years of languishing in the bottom eight, and start focusing on being the next Geelong. No major clean out necessary, let the older folk retire when they need to and make sure key players (Goodes, Malceski) sign contracts.
I agree, I think you need to bite the bullet. Referring to Malthouse's wondrous Premiership clock, Syndey are at about 1:30 I'd say, which means that whilst they're still a good side, it's time to weigh up well do we have another half-hearted tilt that could damage in future years or bite the bullet, clean out the club, bottom out and come back? Look at us and Hawks -- we did just that and sure we endured hardship but it always turns around in AFL, it's not like dirt EPL. Carlton and Richmond appear to be back, Melbourne and Freo appear to be the only clubs in trouble (Port probably just need to rebuild, West Coast, well who knows what the fuck happened there).
Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 PM   #354
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
West Coast, well who knows what the fuck happened there).
Old 09-24-2008, 07:06 AM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
No wonder no one likes travelling to Subi...
Old 09-25-2008, 07:07 PM   #356
Blue Crack Addict

How good was most of the footy show GF last night!

The players review was a bit crap though, and Kim Wilde, can't sing in tune!
Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #357

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
How good was most of the footy show GF last night!

The players review was a bit crap though, and Kim Wilde, can't sing in tune!
Taped it, because I went to Mynt. Looking forward to watching it. I saw the bit with that hairy guy and Garry though, was that real? !
Old 09-26-2008, 02:43 AM   #358
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Tips for AFL GF?

I reckon it will be quite close between Geelong + Hawthorn, it would be quite entertaining.

Geelong will probably win though.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:10 AM   #359
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:51 AM
Congratulations to Hawthorn in the Grand Final, defying the odds by beating a team who have previously only lost one game in the 2008 season! Who would've thought!?

Geelong will be kicking themselves considering they won nearly all the other games and lost in the one they had to win in most!

Great GF
Old 09-27-2008, 05:39 AM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:51 AM
Still shocked! It was more like the 01 GF than anything else!

Bad luck Geelong, it wasn't so much that the Hawks won as it was that you guys lost. I'll still look at 08 as Geelong's year.

Tags
afl, australian football