The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!! - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2008, 06:01 PM   #316
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:24 AM
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, WSFC =

Old 09-07-2008, 01:18 AM   #317
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Um, why is there nobody at ANZ?
is this rhetorical, or are you genuine?

Old 09-07-2008, 02:55 AM   #318
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela Harlem View Post
is this rhetorical, or are you genuine?
A bit of both. I know it was wet/torrential in Sydney, but still.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #319
45:33

The AFL have no idea what they are doing and WILL NOT admit when they've gone wrong or screwed up, like they did be scheduling that final at ANZ stadium. All Sydney games should be played at SCG, simple as that. Retards.

Quote:
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, WSFC =
Well you certainly speak for me. It's going to fail abysmally. I'm fine with GC17, but the 18th license should be going to Tasmania.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:49 AM   #320
Jesus Online

Quote:
A bit of both. I know it was wet/torrential in Sydney, but still.
the rain was a small part of the reason. if sydney had been playing like they actually wanted a finals game then the fans would be more supportive. they've honestly played awfully last couple of weeks. it's a lacklustre sydney combined with the rain plus it being ANZ that keeps fans at home. it seems no one outside sydney is quite aware just how much the city of sydney hates that fucking stadium. it's an awful sports venue. we'll fill the cricket gound no sweat, rain or no rain, but the planktons who do the agreements between anz and the afl are in utter denial - we hate the fucking venue. all sports struggle to fill it. the goons who run the place are in complete denial. it's ridiculous. people from outside of sydney who say there are not the fan numbers to support another team have no idea what they're talking about.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:53 AM   #321
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
The AFL have no idea what they are doing and WILL NOT admit when they've gone wrong or screwed up, like they did be scheduling that final at ANZ stadium. All Sydney games should be played at SCG, simple as that. Retards.

Exactly. Don't underestimate the fucktards who run the stadium, either. They're fully convinced that a corporate whore-ised stadium with no atmosphere, no history, no style, is going to be THE place to hold big games. Plus, the actual design of the stadium is bullshit for football. Olympics, maybe. AFL? No fucking way. No one wants to sit so far back from the game and feel like they're being swallowed up by the stadium. The MCG is how you build for numbers and keep ambience. Not that eyesore at Homebush.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:00 AM   #322

Quote:
the rain was a small part of the reason. if sydney had been playing like they actually wanted a finals game then the fans would be more supportive. they've honestly played awfully last couple of weeks. it's a lacklustre sydney combined with the rain plus it being ANZ that keeps fans at home. it seems no one outside sydney is quite aware just how much the city of sydney hates that fucking stadium. it's an awful sports venue. we'll fill the cricket gound no sweat, rain or no rain, but the planktons who do the agreements between anz and the afl are in utter denial - we hate the fucking venue. all sports struggle to fill it. the goons who run the place are in complete denial. it's ridiculous. people from outside of sydney who say there are not the fan numbers to support another team have no idea what they're talking about.
Quote:
Exactly. Don't underestimate the fucktards who run the stadium, either. They're fully convinced that a corporate whore-ised stadium with no atmosphere, no history, no style, is going to be THE place to hold big games. Plus, the actual design of the stadium is bullshit for football. Olympics, maybe. AFL? No fucking way. No one wants to sit so far back from the game and feel like they're being swallowed up by the stadium. The MCG is how you build for numbers and keep ambience. Not that eyesore at Homebush.

And these are just some of the reasons why I hate the people who run the AFL. Sadly, any commonsense ideas are just turned down before Demetriou even listens. He is an absolute ignoramus. So out of touch with what the fans want.

"We don't want a night grand final..."
"In a few years this might be feasible maximising audiences blah blah blah i want more fucking endorsement"
"West Sydney won't work not being supported"
"I can see it will be an uphill battle but I like a challenge despite the fact I'll be the only person on the planet support the idea"

Stupid, stupid man.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #323
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Well you certainly speak for me. It's going to fail abysmally. I'm fine with GC17, but the 18th license should be going to Tasmania.

Go The Pies!

I'm officially booking my ticket for the semi final, on Wednesday!....how come Collingwood are always successful when I DON'T have a membership!
Old 09-08-2008, 07:34 AM   #324

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post

Go The Pies!

I'm officially booking my ticket for the semi final, on Wednesday!....how come Collingwood are always successful when I DON'T have a membership!
Do you think maybe they'd be more than half a chance with Didak/Shaw? We know they won't play but...

Great av
Old 09-08-2008, 09:04 AM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:24 AM
All the other sides can go and shove it, the only match worth watching in AFL is Geelong v Hawthorn in the Grand Final. Let it happen, it will be an amazing thing to watch come the last Saturday of September.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:45 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Do you think maybe they'd be more than half a chance with Didak/Shaw? We know they won't play but...

Great av
To be honest, No.

Didak is a good goal kicker but he does muck up with his freakish shots at goal more than not.

Heath Shaw is a good "running out of defence" defender, and he's been heavily tagged this season and has had little impact after the first half of the season.

Lets say we beat St.Kilda on Saturday night (Its no certainty, Harvey will want to play another week and Saint Nick will wanna be back in Form) We then come up against our bogie side, Hawthorn.

Roughhead and Franlkin combined, have kicked a higher score than Collingwood as a team have kicked against Hawthron in 2008. That said, finals are a whole new ball game, right off the blocks I was confident we'd beat Adelaide, they just looked a bit more nervous and slower in the play (At least for the first quarter), That said, Hawthorn are a top two team, and Adelaide will wind up finishing 8th once the Finals are done and dusted.

If St.Kilda get over the pies this weekend, I think they'll be more of a threat to Hawthorn than Collingwood will be.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:41 AM   #327

Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
All the other sides can go and shove it, the only match worth watching in AFL is Geelong v Hawthorn in the Grand Final. Let it happen, it will be an amazing thing to watch come the last Saturday of September.

And it today's Age, apparently Didak has asked to stay.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #328
Blue Crack Addict

Got my tickets 4th row, Behind the goals..........St.Kilda End
Old 09-12-2008, 12:52 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Well done, Doggies!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:28 PM   #330

Great win by the Doggies last night. It has been sad to see them collapse in the latter half of the year, they played some great football earlier in the year. But they'll lose next week.

Peter Everitt has retired.

Tags
afl, australian football