The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!! - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 07:35 AM   #301
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
So great to see everyone run on the ground last night. That was awesome. But why did Channel 10 have to get a bloke to interview him? Let the guy be....
Wasn't it just

I was barricking for Fev, Hawthorn could have let him get it, really. It would have been nice, I actually think if Fev was on 99 in the 3rd term he would have been "able" to get it.

(ie: Hawthorn not putting roughead into defence.)

So the finals upon us, who's going to stop Geelong?....:scared: I'm thinking of getting flights to watch the Pies/Crows match.

Old 08-31-2008, 09:41 PM   #302
Blue Crack Addict

Leigh stands down from Brisbane Job! , could he be in the running for the Port Adelaide Job in 2010?

Brownie signed on apparently at the lions too, I wonder if Leigh had of stayed, would he have left?

BRING ON THE FINALS!!....I'm currently looking at flights to Adelaide.

Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #303
Vocal parasite

Well, at least Richmond were best of the also-rans ...

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 09-01-2008, 07:23 AM   #304
45:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Wasn't it just

I was barricking for Fev, Hawthorn could have let him get it, really. It would have been nice, I actually think if Fev was on 99 in the 3rd term he would have been "able" to get it.

(ie: Hawthorn not putting roughead into defence.)

So the finals upon us, who's going to stop Geelong?....:scared: I'm thinking of getting flights to watch the Pies/Crows match.
It would have been nice. I mean they were 12 goals up. Let the man get it. Would have been the first time in history.

That last marking contest the umps should have given a free kick to Fev, but they gave it against him.

Quote:
Leigh stands down from Brisbane Job! , could he be in the running for the Port Adelaide Job in 2010?

Brownie signed on apparently at the lions too, I wonder if Leigh had of stayed, would he have left?

BRING ON THE FINALS!!....I'm currently looking at flights to Adelaide.
I was shocked to hear that as well... though from my mail it was either Browny or Leigh and Leigh gave way.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #305
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
I was shocked to hear that as well... though from my mail it was either Browny or Leigh and Leigh gave way.
Oh really?. Thats actually what I was thinking. If Leigh had stayed, would Browny have left?...oh well good for him for staying I think.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #306

Quote:
Oh really?. Thats actually what I was thinking. If Leigh had stayed, would Browny have left?...oh well good for him for staying I think.
Well if you listen to the news, Brown signed his contract 30 hours before discovering Matthews was stepping down, though you can tell from the writing that the journalists disagree with this. But good to see him staying in Brisbane. Very happy about that

In the meantime, Werribe crept into the top four in the VFL, an amazing effort considering the fact that they were terrible earlier in the year. Will probably be beaten this weekend, but who knows. Massive effort
Old 09-02-2008, 04:14 AM   #307
Blue Crack Addict

Voss Has signed already? God he is such a tosser, after making a big fuss about "let me get started first" on the 5th Quarter on the weekend, he now takes the top job.

Haha, did you see the footy show last week?, how sam called Before The Game as "Prior To The Bounce"
Old 09-02-2008, 04:27 AM   #308

Quote:
Voss Has signed already? God he is such a tosser, after making a big fuss about "let me get started first" on the 5th Quarter on the weekend, he now takes the top job.

Haha, did you see the footy show last week?, how sam called Before The Game as "Prior To The Bounce"
Wow, I just read that. That's amazing. Seems to me to be a huge leap of faith, given there were many better placed candidates.

Yeah I saw it last week, that was one of the low points I thought! It was an awesome show last week, funny all the way through.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 AM   #309
Blue Crack Addict

I always enjoy the footy show, I just love Sam. The moment he goes is the moment I stop watching the footy show. Can't stand some of JB's over the top laughter, and Gary Lyon needs to lighten up.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:32 AM   #310

Quote:
I always enjoy the footy show, I just love Sam. The moment he goes is the moment I stop watching the footy show. Can't stand some of JB's over the top laughter, and Gary Lyon needs to lighten up.
We could have kindred spirits, or something.

Our English teacher hates Sam Newman, and there's a couple of us who adore him, and we have full-on debates about him in class. I start yelling. She brought up the Paula Wriedt incident, and I won that argument, dammit.
Old 09-05-2008, 10:58 AM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:23 PM
I love Sam. Footy Show is the best Australian TV you can get, at the moment. Mad for it, shit's cracking.

Bad luck to the Dogs, I would have liked to see them win tonight but I knew the odds were a bit against them. Hopefully Pies will get over the line tomorrow (Crows are worse scum) and good luck to the Saints, may the result not be too embarrassing!

Oh, and how about the fucking Gold fucking Coast fucking Football fucking Club? That white elephant just got fatter.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:00 PM   #312
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:23 PM
Pies are gonna lose t'day against my crows imo.

But for some reason it isn't a sell out?

We'll smash those piesI mean scum.

No offense directed towards any C'Wood fan, i'm just trying to stir it up.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:09 AM   #313

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sad Punk View Post
I love Sam. Footy Show is the best Australian TV you can get, at the moment. Mad for it, shit's cracking.

Bad luck to the Dogs, I would have liked to see them win tonight but I knew the odds were a bit against them. Hopefully Pies will get over the line tomorrow (Crows are worse scum) and good luck to the Saints, may the result not be too embarrassing!

Oh, and how about the fucking Gold fucking Coast fucking Football fucking Club? That white elephant just got fatter.
fucking

nine picks in the top 20, access to 16 or so uncontracted players i think, access to the most talented 17 year olds before they can nominate for the draft...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
Pies are gonna lose t'day against my crows imo.

But for some reason it isn't a sell out?

We'll smash those piesI mean scum.

No offense directed towards any C'Wood fan, i'm just trying to stir it up.
ouch
Old 09-06-2008, 07:22 AM   #314
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:53 PM
Um, why is there nobody at ANZ?
Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 AM   #315
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:23 PM
I was wondering the same?

Saw the Pies at Adelaide Airport today, also Gary Lyon, I believe. Funny, I've seen Mick Malthouse at least twice at airports, even been on the same plane as him once, but no other coach.

Tags
afl, australian football