The Official 2008 Lonely Hearts AFL Thread!!! - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Put 'Em Under Pressure
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 07:48 AM   #256
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Gee, Geelong really thumped the tiges, and we crows have the tiges next week at AAMI, looking forward to that one.

Did anyone see Matthew Lloyds mark? It was a ripper but I still think Brett Burtons should win Mark Of The Year.

Old 08-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #257
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:24 AM
That was the arse-kicking I expected.

But we'll bounce back to beat the Crows next week.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

My team beat Dannys team in supercoach
Old 08-05-2008, 04:19 AM   #259
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
That was the arse-kicking I expected.

But we'll bounce back to beat the Crows next week.
I dunno, it is at AAMI and it is Andrew "Macca" McLeods 300th game.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:51 AM   #260
45:33

multiquote

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyedgirl View Post
Well, if there's 20 dollar notes just being flung around....

As regards John Fucktard Newton, I just think his time has passed. He does appeal to the lowest common denominator in many respects, and it doesn't say much about commercial TV's respect of the intelligence of their viewer (yes I know I'm expecting too much from commercial tv ). When you compare the quality of presenters like Les Murray or Bruce McAvaney with Fucktard, well...
To be fair, he's not a presenter though. He's paid to be controversial. By the way, did anyone see Bronwyn Bishop's comments? She said that viewers of the footy show are stupid, basically. Here's my letter to the editor in response:

"I am writing in to express my utter disgust at Bronwyn Bishop's egregious comments that viewers of The Footy Show aren't an "intellectual audience."
Where exactly does she get off on saying something like that?
I, like numerous others, found those comments far more offensive and derogatory than Sam Newman's comments, which have once again been blown out to epic proportions.
I'd sure like Ms Bishop's employers to give her a 'please explain', because I want to know what her basis was when she undermined the hundreds of thousands of people who watch the program.
What, are we as football fans some sort of lower subset of the human race or something? Stick to politics."

Quote:
Danny, I don't suppose you want to also give me $20 if Geelong don't win?
A lot of people think I was very stupid for doing it, surprisingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad n U 2 View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of Sam Newman, in fact i'm kinda neutral with him, but the media gotta give him a bloody break, they should just relax! He just makes jokes not meaning to offend anyone!

The media seem too sensitive!
Thank you. It's all I ask

Quote:
Did anyone see Matthew Lloyds mark? It was a ripper but I still think Brett Burtons should win Mark Of The Year.
Matthew Richardson's grab should also be a contender. It was a 'speccy' but he lunged out, till he was almost horizontal. Much harder and more impressive than a general speccy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
My team beat Dannys team in supercoach
Old 08-05-2008, 06:28 AM   #261
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Don't burst my woefully misguided bubble of optimism!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #262

Quote:
Do you think all these suggestions he's over the hill are ridiculous.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:34 AM   #263

Also everyone, I met Mike Sheahan and Jon Anderson yesterday at work experience. Me and Mike were getting along like a house on fire, cos he's from Werribee, and Ando said I've got a really good handshake.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #264
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Sheahan ....i'd have a fair few words to say to him about his so-called journalism.

Nah, good luck to ya, hope Work Exp is enjoyable.....always pretty cool.......try and get yerself some free tickets....
Old 08-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #265
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Don't burst my woefully misguided bubble of optimism!
Ok, you can have your optimism time.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:06 AM   #266
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBL_04 View Post
Also everyone, I met Mike Sheahan and Jon Anderson yesterday at work experience. Me and Mike were getting along like a house on fire, cos he's from Werribee, and Ando said I've got a really good handshake.
Work Experience at the Herald Sun?, thats fucking brilliant, Good Luck
Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #267
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:54 AM
Harvey.

Old 08-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #268

Inte, Mike is actually a pretty good bloke, and though I've disagreed with him he's still a good journalist, though he is a bit quick to jump to conclusions (writing sides off, ie North, Saints, Collingwood, Matthew Lloyd...)

And the work experience is a bit of a waste of time at the moment I'm afraid. I'll outline what I've done so far.

Monday
Was in Business. Wrote the 'On The Move' section, which details what's happening on the boards of companies in 20 word spiels.
Was in Imaging. Which was pretty cool; I got to play on Photoshop, the people were good, saw what's involved with the pictures, good fun, but not what I want.

Tuesday
Was in the mail room. Day consisted of reading the paper, eating, talking about football, following some little Indian from bottom floor to the top doing nothing but watching him hand out mX, and putting invoices in envelopes (though I did operate a $90k machine which puts letters in envelopes and seals them).

Wednesday
Was in Sunday Herald Sun (who are a completely different entity to the daily Herald Sun, and are actually in competition with them). Met Robyn Riley, who I hate. But you be polite. Was too afraid to ask about Sam Newman because I like him. My 'boss' for the day was very intimidating. Softly spoken, had an accent, but very, very assertive and serious. My jobs consisted of surfing the news websites of the UK and US for any stories that could be put in the SHS. Did a 'story' on how vitamin C might be used to help fight cancer. Then wrote out the little spiels about people who want the world to know they got married. Met Glenn McFarlane, a sports writer, who said if he'd known I was in the building would have taken me to the Robert Harvey retirement thing this morning.

I'm booked in for Circulation, Features and The Weekly Times for the rest of the week. Magic. More to come.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 09:24 AM
Sounds quite fun, bit like my time at The Age, though I was always working @ the sport desk

Can you tell the folk at the HS to stop being so fundamentally anti-Rudd and give the new government a chance. They've actually handled the economy beautifully, better than the Coward government, and are actually visionary and pro-active....met Andy Blot yet?
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 PM   #270
Blue Crack Addict

Looks like the Geelong v Melbourne match will be shown live in Adel before the opening ceremony of the Olympics.

Tags
afl, australian football