The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Holloway vs Swanson is what got me hooked on the sport. I was so happy to see him get the belt.

But I feel for Aldo, and I can't stand seeing people acting like he's done. Sad to see him lose in Brazil, too.

Last night's Bellator card was far more entertaining than I expected. Weird, but entertaining. I really liked their updated presentation and new personalities in the broadcast and booth areas. They've made some good choices, I like most of those guys far more than a lot of the present UFC regulars at the moment.

Also, this:

I'll say, the whole card was real good. the PPV was worth the $50. I've paid that for a lot worse UFC cards. One never knows how good any fight will ever be.
Bellator has stepped up their game. Which is good for the fighters, they need more options than the UFC for earning a living. I told that to Cub Swanson yesterday when I saw him and Bisping at their new 18,000 square foot gym they opened in Costa Mesa, CA.

Mofo, as you said the production and announcers are really good, I agree. Great to have Goldie back and see Stitch there, too. I even like the sponsor adverts, knowing that these fighters get some more income they are capable of earning on their own.

The women's fly-weight fight was fun, a lot of respect to both of them. Soccer mom form Texas once weighed 200 pounds. The New York two division boxing champion had some hype, but delivered. There is an online interview where she says she is in MMA to get paid, that even though she holds two boxing belts Bellator will pay her more for this fight than she ever got in boxing, At the end of the interview she is asked about Conor / Mayweather, her answer is funny, as she is laughing through it.

I watched the LFA 14 on Friday, another good card. I had to sigh up for SLIng TV to get the AXS channel, (I need to cancel, before they bill me) Sage's litter sister had her debut, they had Sage in booth for the fight. Kind of sad, she got choked out.
They said her hype-train got derailed. Sage responded that it was only one fight. I think the haters need to back off of that family. They do not seem to have a mean bone in their body. Why keep beating up on the Flanders.

here is Bisping at his new gym getting ready to lead a kick-boxing class

NmP0ANzOn013ZJX_hySc4agnXIlIJGY64HGnyJzo2i3GuwYvZDrAhXTrt0b-jNQmWqQOHAPShYQsDQTVPT8WqBAPM6I2AC4JcKxH203mJXtmsVvILX4DTgI1LE08fiS-nOvv7WBVLO1XlaBaTXLRtU3MyevouSRNcdy72UJFsljVVd_paQWNV-TsqbmxLT9p-SB-wZxWDNF2_WBZFlJCg5_X3qEg1jOmISxlWWeNrAnePvseV32ubRY2HYrvHhpEut2P91XtoMPO9ZwbEWKyfx7fPfjnar1N0UQbmd113QeXt2mbrrq6CK0R1Rx1fYQpe5-TtS4ftYgIAq5QRgiC70_VUWr5-kkRL2_ZmhGhlD7ffGjBqMwe72b7abr7namUmDxygIE_KEQxQugfoR1NCxSayMm577LcQXUagek4GxirxAz8W4fXUIoOdMlyHkxA0ZsnE7ais-0ZmOGhpoUI0z-1U6avTV1XU7KcbAimnxpNLrnyo7xVGOE39CU2dULw90jB0GA9Yr-8GVWBB059hjAs4SQIF17AvWY4LCvRMqBcXOYhv1TJkqfvNgInDHg5qiCjBv2-D7zwBWB6hKlku-Do51bV_jGbTnmrYoah9MKwLadOh_U5Wg=w365-h648-no

and here

UFC GYM BISPING -
SWANSON

is a link to some more pictures, one of me with Cub Swanson is in there, that gym really is amazing, it is huuuuuge.

Last edited:
The haters probably need to back off, but that family also seems to need to learn to protect they necks.

Ok, good news for MMA fans

AXS TV has been added to Spectrum/ TWC line up. On tonight LFA 15 and a replay of last week's LFA 14 with Sage's little but 3 years older sister getting submitted by being mounted and not fighting back enough to lose on a stoppage, not a choke, my mistake.

Also WSOF has moved to Pro Fighting Leauge with better pay outs for the fighters and is on NBC Sports Channel tonight. Cable is looking a little better.

Also AXS has a lot of live concert shows for music fans.

I don't know what the McGregor commercial is for because I keep getting distracted by his haircut change.

Is this the latest thread? Not remotely into boxing or mma, but fuck me this promotional tour for Mayweather/McGregor is ridiculously entertaining.

"Does this mic work? Well then FUCK THIS MIC"

I'm missing all kinds of shit (like Mousasi is going to Bellator?!) cos I don't even want to check mma sites anymore til that thing is done and over with. I don't know about the other couple regulars here, but I'd be just as happy to never mention that circus again in this thread.

this promotional tour for Mayweather/McGregor is ridiculously entertaining.

I agree, never thought I'd watch all of these press conferences in full. There have been several laugh out loud moments.

I can't do it. I was so sick of hearing about this when we were all saying it wouldn't happen.

I pounded like 5 long island iced teas before that fight to make it not suck, but I'm still sad. It's a different kind of sad too than if Woodley had KO'd Maia. It's the kind of sad where you accept your guy lost because he was forced to fight his opponent's fight, which isn't technically a scoring criteria, but thinking of it that way lets me blame Woodley (who I dislike cos he's boring, not because he's black despite what he thinks his haters' reasoning is) for giving us yet another total trash fight as well as crushing my hopes of ever hearing "And New...Demian Maia."

I'm glad Lawler won. I'm still a huge Cowboy fan, but I knew somewhere deep down that I'd be happier if Lawler won. I'm surprised one judge didn't disagree since it was so goddamn close. I'm also glad JJ is still the best ever.

I went to the farmers market this morning and got elk sausage and green chillies, which I'll probably go grill up while I watch Maia vs Nelson for the 15th time, while I try to stay awake so I can sleep tomorrow for the start of my work week.

Hold On I'm Comin just played on pandora and now I'm sad I'm not about to watch a Robbie Lawler fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom