The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't have cable so I couldn't spoil it if I wanted to.

I just think it would be really funny if they gave Chael a title shot and he got triangled. But I'm sure he's not there for the legit fights, I'm sure he's there for the Wanderlei one that never happened. I haven't looked that hard for anything past seeing the Chael to Bellatoe headlines, but didn't he still have a contract with the UFC when usada retired him? Or did they dump it when they fired him/Fox fired him and everything.

The first three fights on the main card was pretty good the main event was kind of boring so you didn't miss a whole lot.

Chael was kind of funny, during his interview typical Chael, he did call somebody out, it was Tito Ortiz and then he said that Ortiz Was running all over trying to find a doctor to give him a medical report to say he was not cleared to fight
then he said I got the report and he held up a paper that said
Tito Ortiz ,coward

I haven't heard the audio, but good for him
Fuck Nike, that deal helped get those UFC gangsters 4 billion, while screwing over the fighters.
So they can give asshats like Punk 500 K for nothing and lifetime juicers like Lesnor 2 million while giving legit vets and champs peanuts.

So good for Stipe,

Last edited:
Cruz sucks at commentary.

Big Country just kicked Big John in the ass.

i didn't get to watch the fights cos work, but i saw a clip of it and don't understand why? was he mad at mccarthy for stopping the fight? the main character from no country for old men/the ghost of bigfoot was done.

edit: so he was pissed because he wanted BJM to stop the fight sooner?

Last edited:
Much sooner. One of the worst stoppages I've seen. Plus he and Bigfoot are apparently friends. So he REALLY didn't want to have to keep punching his unconscious friend.

Dominick Cruz telling me about how women are is just about the last straw for me and his commentating.

I also missed her 23 seconds of control. Impressive.

Instead of being given an immediate title shot after sitting on her ass for a year following a loss, Ronda should be fed to Cyborg.

Just do 145 already. Trying to discourage extreme weight cutting for literally every other fighter on the roster not named Cyborg is ridiculous. Having her make 140 isn't exactly limiting the total scary beastness apparently, but everyone knows it's not healthy. 140 isn't a weight class, why not just do 145. They're going to do to the thing where they just have Cyborg maul girls at 140, I'm with everyone saying why not just call it 145.

Didn't you hear Kenny Florian talking all about how to control Cyborg's body in the post fight show? Money talks, iwb, and you'll see those pounds come off.

As I mentioned in the Election thread yesterday, I've been kinda hyper sensitive to issues of misogyny lately, but it really just felt like a very "icky" conversation Kenny and Yves were having.

Just do 145 already. Trying to discourage extreme weight cutting for literally every other fighter on the roster not named Cyborg is ridiculous. Having her make 140 isn't exactly limiting the total scary beastness apparently, but everyone knows it's not healthy. 140 isn't a weight class, why not just do 145. They're going to do to the thing where they just have Cyborg maul girls at 140, I'm with everyone saying why not just call it 145.
Yes

Didn't you hear Kenny Florian talking all about how to control Cyborg's body in the post fight show? Money talks, iwb, and you'll see those pounds come off.

As I mentioned in the Election thread yesterday, I've been kinda hyper sensitive to issues of misogyny lately, but it really just felt like a very "icky" conversation Kenny and Yves were having.

You don't have to look too hard to feel icky about casual misogyny sometimes on broadcasts during women's fights.

I didn't hear any of it because I didn't get to watch the fights because I was at work. And even though I like Yves Edwards and am glad to see them give a guy like him a desk gig, I usually don't watch the parts where they're talking endlessly between fights with their slow ass FS1 card pacing.

wait, you were a Rousey fan once to be again in the first place? :wink:

I thought Dodson deserved the win. Similar significant strike numbers with greater accuracy and timing going to Dodson. He made his shots count. Simply charging forward and whiffing again and again isn't smart fighting and shouldn't be rewarded.

Appearance at the end of a fight is often deceiving, but in this case it was pretty indicative of what happened. Lineker swung and grazed or outright missed an awful lot. Dodson could have gone another five rounds. Lineker won this fight on attempted strike volume and center control, which I don't personally value all that much. Dodson wanted to draw him to the edges and make him miss and he certainly did that while getting some serious damage in.

Regardless, Dodson will climb the rankings quickly. He's very talented. We'll see a rematch at some point and I'm guessing Dodson will be more aggressive next time.

Last edited:
Our show did a feature on him last year. More than a few people around the office were really sad this week. Crazy.

That was the best outcome I could hope for as a Bisping fan who really respects and appreciates Dan Henderson.

Perhaps, but, yeah, I was pleased Hendo didn't get embarrassed and actually kinda looked like he beloved in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom