The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:eyebrow: you remember how the first Rockhold Bisping fight went? I wasn't feeling the immediate rematch for Weidman, but a short notice Bisping is way less interesting to me.

I'm happy for the guy. He's going to get destroyed, but who cares. He got his title shot.

And Holy shit, what if he wins. That's the stuff movies are made of.

avacados are delicious but those motherfuckers are such a pain in the ass, and every time i try to cut one i remember that time rory macdonald stabbed himself in the hand cutting an avacado the week before a fight.

but what i meant to say was that i guess, if there's a movie out there about a douchey british guy who's been floating around the mid-low top 10 of the division for the last forever, always losing the fights that would get him considered for a title shot, finally getting that title shot and taking the belt off the guy who just took the belt off another guy. or it just becomes thing where after the goat got old, the middleweight belt played a game of hot potato not horribly unlike the lhw belt did prior to the arrival of jon jones.

:shrug: i'm not nearly as much of a bisping hater as everything i've said or probably will say implies. good for him for being not injured, not potentially suspended for usada reasons, for not having a fight already booked, and for answering his phone.

really though, avocados.

Last edited:
I'm a million times over more interested in seeing this fight than I am Weidman getting a rematch, period. You don't have to feel the same way. It's a nice finish to a long story, and I care about the story angle just about as much as the fights. Bisping is a dick. Rockhold is a dick. They hate each other. It's going to be an awesome lead up to what will likely be a disappointing fight. But the fact is, it's in my city, minutes away from where I work, my favorite featherweight is on the card, and dammit, I'm excited I get to be there.

I'm a million times over more interested in seeing this fight than I am Weidman getting a rematch, period. You don't have to feel the same way. It's a nice finish to a long story, and I care about the story angle just about as much as the fights. Bisping is a dick. Rockhold is a dick. They hate each other. It's going to be an awesome lead up to what will likely be a disappointing fight. But the fact is, it's in my city, minutes away from where I work, my favorite featherweight is on the card, and dammit, I'm excited I get to be there.

it is really awesome you're going to get to go. :up: that's probably the coolest part of the whole thing.

I just scheduled my trip back to Utah this summer in such a way that I don't miss any important UFC cards while I'm there.

Prioritiez.

It's an awesome card where you'll be able to see several legends fight, of course you should be excited.

it is a really good card. that's several really solid ppv cards in a row really.

i'm having a hell of a time finding a picture of demian maia to use as an avatar that's as good as 212er's arlovksi, and then i found this creepy crawling one on a beach that might give me nightmares. :lol:

Last edited:
i'm having a hell of a time finding a picture of demian maia to use as an avatar that's as good as 212er's arlovksi, and then i found this creepy crawling one on a beach that might give me nightmares. :lol:

Lemme see!

This picture of Arlovski is one of my favorite sports images, period.

it's even better totally out of any context with an article from several years back when he fought shields. i don't know if there's any context that could make sense though.

Jake Shields vs. Demian Maia Set to Headline UFC Fight Night 29 in Sao Paulo | BJPenn.com UFC Fight News & Videos

That isn't how to post a picture. I forgot how to post a picture.

maia-new-site1.jpg

Last edited:
Nothing is really as amazing though as Hendo pushing the grill across the street
dan-henderson-grill.jpg

except maybe the one with the trampoline on his roof

This square cage in Victory FC is weird.
The production values are good on the broadcast. Much better than EFN or Pancraze.

I think my phone in Dada 5000's backyard would have better production value than EFN.

Deep, since you are the kind of mma fan mma writer Chad Dundas on his podcast refers to as "a shit eating wildman for this stuff," did you watch the thing where Pallhares got KO'd and Mayhem Miller came in 24 lbs overweight for?

Also, my phone tried to autocorrect wildman, and instead of giving me the option of wild and man as two separate words, it gave me Weidman .

I feel really bad for Mayhem, he was a very legitimate fighter and star in the sport. Dude can't avoid sabotaging every aspect of his life since the UFC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom