The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey guys, no big deal but JON JONES IS FIGHTING TOMORROW.

:up: :up: :up:

I am also looking forward to watching Mighty Mouse do his thing. But that main card is good. Not overly excited for the Natal/Whittaker fight, everything else though.

This McGregor thing, if he actually meant any of that stuff rather than just the part about how the ufc should pay him to do media, there's a solid point there. Look how heavily certain people leaned on blaming media obligations for Ronda losing. :shrug: interdasting.

Oh hey guys, no big deal but JON JONES IS FIGHTING TOMORROW.

Wait, Bendo's Bellator debut is tonight?????!!! This weekend rules.

I'm so hyped. Even if it didn't turn out exactly as I wanted, this should still be an incredibly fun weekend.

Got through most of the first episode of TUF before falling asleep last night. Some GREAT intro fights.

Got through most of the first episode of TUF before falling asleep last night. Some GREAT intro fights.

Oh crap, I get to watch that this weekend too! Bendo, Bones, TUF, Thrones, Silicon, and my dog's birthday? This weekend's gonna be good.

Man, Bellator just bums me out with how they deal with things. Did Ben Henderson just lose every round in super boring fashion? Yes. Is this a fucking horrible worst case scenario for them? Ooohhhhhhhhh yes. Announcers, PLEASE stop acting like he just got his ass kicked. A fucking all-time great WEC (how many years ago was this?) 155lb-er just lost to a 170lb-er nobody-on-the-freaking-planet-cares-about-present-champion. This is not a fucking big deal. He did NOT just get his ass kicked, no matter how your embarrassing analysts just called it. There's a reason huge MMA fans don't really care about Bellator any more, you do a really bad job dealing with reality. A boring 170lb-er just beat a 155lb-er all time great in a SUPER boring fashion no one other than the Bellator announcers thought was remotely impressive. There is an UNBELIEVABLY gigantic weight difference in 155 vs 170. Everyone who cares about MMA knows this. Your boring ass, nobody Russian did NOT just kick the shit out of a UFC (fuck that, WEC) mother fucking all-time great champion. The fucking loser couldn't event hurt him convincingly. Did your boring Bellator nobody win? Of freaking course, yes. Was it anywhere near as impressive as you just pretended? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. No one thinks this. Stop over-reacting to boring BS. He did not get his ass kicked as you pretended. He definitely lost, but it was a boring ass point fight where weight and size beat experience that DRASTICALLY over-estimated you. The UFC would have called it like it is, you called it in a complete bullshit fashion no one has respect for. This is why you're not a big deal in MMA any more. I feel bad for you, as you actually have some decent talent. Call things realistically. This was not a crazy, mind-blowing fight. Your biggest fucking name just lost to no one. The UFC just justified themselves, and you fucked yourself yet again through idiocy. Bendo is a fucking incredible all-time great, you called the fight like fucking assholes who know nothing about the sport. It looked like a fucking sparring session the whole time where Bendo had NO serious trouble the entire time against a champ in a major weight difference. I understand that you want to make a big deal out of nothing to justify your existence, but no one is impressed right now. In fact, we're all embarrassed with how you dealt with something the UFC would have written off as an aged champ being just that (see Rashad last week). Such a bummer. I love MMA. I love Bendo. I want to love Bellator, but they're so ridiculous in how they deal with things these days. Only Bellator could make me long for MTV/Spike of old. Be realistic. Deal with reality. Call things in a way that MMA fans will agree with, and we'll actually respect you again. Stop being so fucking stupid. Don't disrespect your fans and their fucking heroes. No more bullshit. Fucking Viacom.

TLDR.

Last edited:
Ugh. Between that and their freak show stuff, it is extremely difficult to take them even remotely seriously.

I couldn't disagree more. Loved that fight. Thought Bendo got murdered but was not embarrassed. This was a disappointment, but he did ask for welterweight instead of light and that was on him. The commentators called the fight like it was. One-sided. They tried to make it interesting for the first few rounds until it was obvious Benson couldn't beat him.

Finally seen MVP fight. He's a monster.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

I think I'm the only person on the planet (aside from JJ) who thinks DC is awful to listen to.

I've been wearing my "Unbroken" Jon Jones t-shirt all day. So ready for this. So many good fights.

How are you guys watching the PPV?

PSN has it for $45 if you have PS+, might do that.

I think I'm the only person on the planet (aside from JJ) who thinks DC is awful to listen to.

Why we disagree so much today? :sad: I was just coming in here to comment on how much better DC is at play-by-play than he is in studio or doing the weigh-ins.

Those were good fights. Now Moar!

i am probably buying it on my laptop and watching it outside in my backyard while enjoying a few beers. the cost is like a luxury tax i'm paying for the joy of being able to watch the card by myself in quiet without douchebags around.

It's crazy to me that this Esparza fight is so early on in the prelims. Could have been a main card fight.

I'm not sure. Think we're gonna go out to the bar. Haven't done that in a while.

That is cool. I haven't found any "very close by" choices that I like yet.

i am probably buying it on my laptop and watching it outside in my backyard while enjoying a few beers. the cost is like a luxury tax i'm paying for the joy of being able to watch the card by myself in quiet without douchebags around.

I have the door to the balcony opened right now and my first beer of the night just got cracked open. May be worth spending an extra $5 or so just to be able to watch it on the laptop or iPad wherever I want as well. My dog is kicking it out there already (it's his birthday today, he's living it up). Just ordered some pizza. Definitely watching from home tonight!

This is a better fight than I expected, tbh.

Sent from my XT1575 using U2 Interference mobile app

I've been hyping this Fili Rodriguez fight to my friend from work who has been saying the only thing he really cares about on this card is the Mighty Mouse fight. So let's hope it delivers.

the natal + whittaker fight is the only one from the main card i am not overly excited about. everything else though, i can't wait. let's gooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom