The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y was really happy to see Maynard get a win yesterday, poor guy has never been the same since the Edgar wars.

JJ is the shiznit.

I'm psyched for every freaking fight tonight.

Ok, upon reflection
I should be and am really happy with how UFC 200 has ended up. One of my absolute favorite fighters is the headliner. It was only the end of last year they robbed her of that fight with Rousey. Then hi-jacked the Aussie card and gave it to Rousey so they say she head-lined the biggest event ever. I watched that live, the upper 1/3 of the house was pretty empty. They did report a sales number that did just edge out to be the highest. But, oddly the event was something like only 4th of 5th highest gate?? And some of these other events were 10 years ago.
And I am now happy for Lesnar being on the card tonight. He will help sales for sure, great for the numbers and $$$, for Tate to get a record, I hope.

And the card is pretty solid too. Well worth the $50, I will pay.
And I am feeling a bit sad for Ronda, she won’t be here, at UFC 200, amazing turn of events. Her boyfriend, will likely go down, unless he pokes out an eye.
I wonder if Conor, will be here?? I think not. Six months ago if anyone said no Ronda or Conor at 200 no one would have believed it.
Of course I expect Holly Holm to be here, class act.
And lastly, UFC is worth 4 billion, and Dana White gets 9%,
I will give credit for new doping standards this year, a step in the right direction. Also, new weigh in procedures, much better. I would like to see a weight announced at fight time, so people realize there are not two guys fighting at 145 pounds. One guy might be at 150.5 and the other at 171 (Conor).

Last edited:
how many fights in is it going to take me to not be distracted and weirded out by the yellow canvas? we shall see.

I'm even more sad about Jones popping for mystery substances after that.

Mildly disappointing card, mostly because the best fights were either on fight pass or cable. The first 5-6 fights were great, as was Aldo/Edgar. It was nice to see Cain fighting well.

I had fun. I'm sad for my gal, but, well, hell, she got the belt again for even a second. I can dig it.

it was really just the DC and Lesnar fights in there stinking it up. those 6 rounds felt like they went on for forever though. otherwise, good times.

I still think the Pena fight was the worst, but I've never enjoyed her "fighting" style. Really was hoping Zingano would beat her up a bit. DC definitely stunk it up too (almost as much as he does regularly on FS1, how they haven't "Heiwani-ed" him yet, I don't know).

It was a really enjoyable weekend of fights though. So many great ones in three days. Awesome stuff.

listening to this podcast, every time I hear them say wme-img, I also hear in my head m o u s e just following it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom