The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because UFC and MMA leans more to WWE than to a true sport.?

I complain because I pay a lot of money supporting UFC and MMA for the more legitimate aspects and am no fan of pretend contests like WWE, etc.

Because $$$. Come on man, you know it's still a business and that freak show--even if it doesn't bring in quite the legion of WWE fanboys and haters alike who want to see Mark Hunt knock Lesnar's head clear off to Arizona--is still going to bring in a lot more dollars than Miesha Tate vs Amanda "we still can't quite settle on how we're going to pronounce your last name" Nunes as a main event.

I forget. Did you rant hard against any of the Bellator freak show fights, or is it just because here you get a chance to say "WWE" and "UFC" in the same sentence. Would you feel the same way if they finally brought Fedor over? You can guarantee some similar fuckery based on "will make us the most money the quickest off this guy" vs "who really earned the headliner spot by being in a 5 rd title fight on this card." At least we know one of these guys (HUNTOOOOOOO) is still competitive. That's a lot more you can say for Shamrock and Gracie or especially that Kimbo and Dada fight.

If I was to make my own personal list of top 10 fights from all three days I'm most looking forward to, I'm not sure it would sit any higher than #9 if it even made the list. Of course I'm going to watch it; I'm going to watch every single goddamn one of these fights. I'd rather watch Jones vs Cormier. But then again, the fight that gets me most pumped for 202 so far is Carlos Condit and Demian Maia. I'm not some shill sitting here saying we should all bow down before Lesnar vs Hunt as the greatest, most "deserving" of the main event slot for ufc 200. But given the circumstances surrounding this card, I'd be dellusional to act like I don't understand how it happened.

i didn't say i thought it SHOULD be the main event, i just said i wasn't horribly surprised they were making it that way and don't think you should be either. i didn't like lesnar hunt as the co-main when there's that aldo edgar fight on there, but i also wasn't going to waste my time ranting about it.

i also keep typing lesnar mir every fucking time too.

Last edited:
I was going to have a hard time paying 50 bucks for a Lesnar fight
I feel much better paying 50 bucks for a Tate fight on my credit card

I did not complain when he was the co-main event I know he sells tickets
but to take Jones off because he tested with PED's and then to make Lesnar the main event, one cannot even have a conversation without sounding like an idiot. because lesnor is obviously juiced. I am sure a few reporters brought this to their attention and brought them to their senses .

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/6/9...esnar-i-think-hes-juiced-to-the-gills-ufc-200

Last edited:
Wait a minute. They got Anderson to fight DC, were there no coffee baristas available?

I've been meaning to watch their first fight again, but I kept forgetting. I vaguely think I might have been one of those people who felt Claudia won last time but the beat down on Penne's face turned me team Joanna. So I'm hoping for some And Still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom