The MMA Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched that Bisping Rockhold fight (all half a round of it) like three more times. I didn't realize I'd be that happy for Bisping. Now to catch up on the crazy fight pass stuff I slept through earlier.

I screamed so long and so loud. I wanted that to happen, but never in a million did I think it actually would. So happy for him. Don't ever sleep on your opponent. I always thought beneath the playboy facade Rockhold still took the fight game 100% seriously, but...

I posted a few days ago that I was ready for The Count to upset, but I never hit the send button. So like much it only exists in my head.

This Conor - Diaz 2 is even stupider than the first one.

My guess is the fix is in for Conor to get a KO for his fake pride. No way they would risk this golden goose going 0 and 2.

Give me a break, I watched that presser, I dido't get the impression Bisping was a gay-basher at all, he was excited, drinking beer and tried to be reasonably courteous to Rockhold, Rockhold was a big baby dick about it. Yeah in college sports, you can't say fag, fine. This aint that and if we had a fighter that was truly a gay-basher I would not be cool with that. We have a generational thing here, I am sure Bisping will hear all the micro-aggression cry babies and make an effort not to repeat it.

Last edited:
I'm mildly disappointed that he called Rockhold a faggot, but that's not really the issue. A league that desperately wants to go mainstream has to exert some control over its fighters and Bisping has done the same in pressers before. Ultimately, the UFC will do or say nothing because they prioritize uniform regulations over decorum. And that's fine, if they want to stay a fringe league.

"Small-minded pettiness" sums up their business model pretty well. Pushing away the media when only Conor and Ronda fights are mainstream news seems counterproductive in the long term. Dana getting loaded and making a rash decision in the midst of an otherwise great night is a terrific example of where the league is at right now.

Last edited:
I saw that on the UG about Helwani getting booted and banned. That was ridiculous. I didn't read those articles, did he tweet the Brock news just before they aired the promo? Since he got fired from Fox, that's sort of been his thing lately, the only problem is that if you poke at Dana White, he's going to throw a temper tantrum like no other. You're talking about a guy who would reply to haters on twitter calling them goofs and eggs for hours on end. He's been a lot less visible in the last year or so in regard to post fight media scrums and shit he used to do, which ties in to trying to give off a more mainstream professional sport appearance (or leads to the speculations and rumors of a full or partial sale of the ufc) vs being cool with Bisping calling people faggots or little girls. Since he's another one who had actually toned it down too. You've got a guy like Rogan doing his fight companion podcasts with his meathead buddies on shows when he isn't commentating and it's 99% gay jokes. Doesn't make it ok or excuse any of it. But none of this is new, and is arguably the more scaled back version.

If you watched the Bisping thing the minute he says it he backs up and apologizes, and it was during taunting. He gets it. The intentional shit they say about Cyborg, "she could make 135 if she cut her penis off" gets a pass.

I didn't see it, I only watched half the press conference. I don't really care about seeing it. I'm just saying I'm not terribly surprised. The Cyborg stuff is case in point. So much shit has been said about her that's really not cool that Bisping calling anyone a faggot...I almost expect it cos the dude is a dick.

Yeah, agreed. And his apology seemed sincere. It was unfortunate. As for Ariel, the way it went down sucked, but a beat reporter should know not to bite the hand that feeds. He knew he was already on the outs with his major source of information, and he went ahead and tweeted another UFC 200 spoiler anyways. And for what? It amounted to yelling first in the YouTube section when the official announcement was mere hours away.
Modern journalism sucks, imo. I like rumors as much as anybody, but I don't get what was necessary in this situation.

That 200 promo was badass, fwiw.

McGregor vs Diaz II is, imo the only fight that makes sense for 202. It gives all of the belt holders a nice break, but keeps the once a month ppv train rolling. And the UFC will cash in twice on Lesnar and McGregor, so everyone wins.

glad you had a such a good time at 199 and that the card did not suck, one never knows, I was thinking of passing on the PPV portion, glad I spent the $50

so, do you think there is any chance McGregor will (be allowed to) lose again?

You mean the guy who beat two former UFC heavy weight champs with virtually no real prior fight experience? That "WWE" guy?

Holy cow is the MMA Hour rough this week.

Ariel isn't back because Dana White and the UFC all of a sudden listened to their fans. He's back because the shit he released yesterday was just the tip of the iceberg. He could reveal worse shit once a week for the next five years and kill them by slow death.

Valerie Letourneau fighting at 125 in a flyweight for UFC on June 18 is way over due. Her fighting at 115 was almost criminal. UFC should have women fighting on cards at 105, 125 and 145. Just don't open up a division in those weights until the field is deep enough. Give the fans some good fights with fighters at their appropriate weights.

If phantom dreamer is going to post in here, I'd at least appreciate his thoughts on the Reebok deal.

I can't believe they learned nothing last time and this one's on a Sunday too. Oh wellz.

Yeah I remember that one getting cancelled. Was that why?

As deep says, looks like this one is on a Saturday :up:

I'll probably try and go

Article I saw said they scrapped it over bad ticket sales last time, but didn't mention that it was a Sunday.

I don't know this phantom dreamer guy but I'm led to believe some we may be now deprived of some good thoughts on how Faber's shorts nearly fell off during the first round, if he doesn't come back.

Article I saw said they scrapped it over bad ticket sales last time, but didn't mention that it was a Sunday.

I don't know this phantom dreamer guy but I'm led to believe some we may be now deprived of some good thoughts on how Faber's shorts nearly fell off during the first round, if he doesn't come back.

Hahaha, my buddy was so drunk during that fight, and he kept yelling "butt cheeeeeek".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom