The Masters 2010

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Shaping up to be a memorable one. Some interesting names up at the top of the leaderboard: Couples, Mickelson, Yang, ol' Tommy Watson, etc.

And, of course, Mr. Woods is right there, too.

I'd love to see Tiger win. But Watson taking it would be pretty great, as well, after that heartbreaker last year at Turnberry. We'll see.

I was quite pleased to see Woods, Watson and Couples on the leaderboard yesterday.

Not a lefty fan but glad he's up there, too.

Should be an interesting few days.

Tiger pretty much made a big statement yesterday scoring as well as he did. The long layoff really hasn't affected him (though it really was only one round....).

What i don't get is the bitching about his mannerisms? Did people really think he was going to completely change? I think he'll probably cuss less, and possibly not throw as many clubs....but he's still going to do that swing and drop the club and get angry.

I don't mind that kind of stuff. I don't like it when he purposely THROWS his clubs around and then starts swearing like a sailor.

He can have a little more respect. But emotionless? No thanks

Very impressive two eagles by Tiger in round 1, and he's holding his own in round 2 as well. I have Anthony Kim on my "A" fantasy team (and Westwood on the B team) - both should finish top 5 imo.

tiger probably going to play in the 2nd to last group tomorrow

can't wait to plop myself in front of the tv

I have never seen a golfer as bad off the tee's as Tiger. Past few years it seems as though he's never in the fairway, or always scrambling.

He does have the best short game i've ever seen though (until today).

If he can ever figure out his driver again, he will break Jack's record. but seems unlikely as he's struggled with it for years now.

it has definitely been a struggle for him today. can't say that i'm bummed over it

just bogey'd #6, 2nd straight. i'm sure he just wants to get the hell outta town by now

phil was absolutely raped by mother nature on the 2nd hole.

would love to see a phil/couples playoff

Tigre just eagled, which would have been great had he actually made his birdie putt the previous hole instead of bogeying after a scatterbrained three putt.

A well-earned win by Phil. Tiger seemed a bit unappreciative and cranky in his interview.

good job phil

eldrick is already off to the nearest strip club

Phil is my favorite golfer-incredible performance, too bad it was overshadowed in the coverage by someone else. A wife and mother with breast cancer, now that's some real adversity to overcome.

Here's my take on the Masters:

1>. Tiger was/is and always be an arse clown in the on-course behavior dept. His after round interview yesterday showed his true colors. There's a background between him and Kostis anyways and when Kostis pressed him about his on course antics "Cheetah" got pissed off. When you think about it Cheetah was the one who came out and said he would show the game the proper respect and change.

1A>. Cheetah got pissed of 'cuz in his words he "snap-hooked" a few drives and he was "upset". In my mind the person who should be upset is Mickelson with his wife and Mom battling cancer, I think Cheetah needs a reality check.

2>. What a great popular win Phil was, think about it, he ended up -16 on the the tougher Augusta Nat'l great shooting.

3>. Why in the world does Couples always shoot for that pin on 12 every year? It's such a "sucker placement" and shouldn't be messed with.

3>. Why in the world does Couples always shoot for that pin on 12 every year? It's such a "sucker placement" and shouldn't be messed with.

Couples had just bogeyed 11, and felt he needed one back. It was a good club (8-iron), but he just mis-hit it.

I think Anthony Kim will have a green jacket soon - 3rd place in only his 2nd Masters and he's only 24 and played with a injured thumb. And he drives the ball all over the place.

1>. Tiger was/is and always be an arse clown in the on-course behavior dept. His after round interview yesterday showed his true colors. There's a background between him and Kostis anyways and when Kostis pressed him about his on course antics "Cheetah" got pissed off. When you think about it Cheetah was the one who came out and said he would show the game the proper respect and change.

1A>. Cheetah got pissed of 'cuz in his words he "snap-hooked" a few drives and he was "upset". In my mind the person who should be upset is Mickelson with his wife and Mom battling cancer, I think Cheetah needs a reality check.
Athletes shouldn't get frustrated by their own play because Figjam's relatives have cancer?

Athletes shouldn't get frustrated by their own play because Figjam's relatives have cancer?

Figjam :lol:

Just sayin' that Cheetah said (which at this point doesn't mean crap), that he would show the game more respect if he can't control himself then maybe he shouldn't have said anything, don't you agree?

I don't really believe you disrespect the game by getting a little mad at yourself for poor play. Taking anger out on other players or fans? That's wrong. But anger at yourself? I have no issue with that.

And in this photo, Figjam orders from the drive thru at Krispy Kreme wearing his green jacket:

500x_custom_1271166506191_phildonut_01.jpg

I don't really believe you disrespect the game by getting a little mad at yourself for poor play. Taking anger out on other players or fans? That's wrong. But anger at yourself? I have no issue with that.

I guess I'm old school and think that a professional golfer should act a certain way, just a bit higher standards than the regular amatuer golfer. Let me remind you HE said that he would behave better but as I see it he's pretty much the normal present day professional athlete who is not beholden to anyone. In my opinion it's just the way sports are now a days and this sort of behavior is okay with you and the millions good for you! Unfortunately I remember the days when pro's were someone to look up to and I'm saddened that it can't be that way especially for kids now a days, I probably am cmong off as being ancient.

Also what's the nickname Figjam from? I nearly fell out of my chair when I first read that - holy crap that was funny.

It's all relative.

Example: I really respect Chase Utley's stoicism. He's always under control, and it works for him.

Example: I really respected Allen Iverson's passion. Yeah, he'd get pumped up and make a bit of a scene, yeah he'd bitch to the refs, but that was all apart of the personality that made him outstanding.

Example: Donovan McNabb never took anything seriously enough to act up like that, and it pissed me the fuck off. The guy would play like shit and be joking around, and I wanted to strangle him.

It's all different for each athlete. I don't mind Tiger getting mad at himself.

I guess I'm old school and think that a professional golfer should act a certain way, just a bit higher standards than the regular amatuer golfer. Let me remind you HE said that he would behave better but as I see it he's pretty much the normal present day professional athlete who is not beholden to anyone. In my opinion it's just the way sports are now a days and this sort of behavior is okay with you and the millions good for you! Unfortunately I remember the days when pro's were someone to look up to and I'm saddened that it can't be that way especially for kids now a days, I probably am cmong off as being ancient.

Also what's the nickname Figjam from? I nearly fell out of my chair when I first read that - holy crap that was funny.

But you'll stoop to calling him something as immature and inane as "Cheetah".

:up:

i don't mind that he cusses. it would be cool if he were louder and more creative with his swearing.

i just think he's a little pansy for sounding so whiny and referring to himself in the 3rd person

But you'll stoop to calling him something as immature and inane as "Cheetah".

:up:

Let's repeat this again maybe you can read it slowly.......

1>. I'm not or ever will be a professional golfer especially one who made over 100 million dollars a year selling an image that was squeky clean and obviously a sham, wondering, do you remember that? I mean I know this was done over the span of many years and it came crashing to a halt Thanksgiving night but I think you'd might recall a bit of this.

2>. HE recently said that HE would stop acting like a little Bitch on the golf course - you didn't make him say this or Nike or EA Sports he said this, I would think on his own volition.

Bottom line is this and all of you may or may not agree with me but HE will probably will go down as the greatest golfer of all time, in fact he might win 12 more majors but in my estimation he's also the biggest a:censored:s hole in the history of sports too. I grew up in a different world where professionals knew how to act but now we are faced, mostly speaking of the NFL, NBA with nothing but thugs if you guys are ok with that,

BRAVO :applaud:

And in this photo, Figjam orders from the drive thru at Krispy Kreme wearing his green jacket:

500x_custom_1271166506191_phildonut_01.jpg

and you guys gotta tell me where "Figjam" came from, that's the funniest thing I've heard.

Let's repeat this again maybe you can read it slowly.......

1>. I'm not or ever will be a professional golfer especially one who made over 100 million dollars a year selling an image that was squeky clean and obviously a sham, wondering, do you remember that? I mean I know this was done over the span of many years and it came crashing to a halt Thanksgiving night but I think you'd might recall a bit of this.

2>. HE recently said that HE would stop acting like a little Bitch on the golf course - you didn't make him say this or Nike or EA Sports he said this, I would think on his own volition.

Bottom line is this and all of you may or may not agree with me but HE will probably will go down as the greatest golfer of all time, in fact he might win 12 more majors but in my estimation he's also the biggest a:censored:s hole in the history of sports too. I grew up in a different world where professionals knew how to act but now we are faced, mostly speaking of the NFL, NBA with nothing but thugs if you guys are ok with that,

BRAVO :applaud:

You're missing my point.

I agree, Tiger doesn't know how to act on the golf course. I also don't care.

My point is that you keep babbling about the different age or era you grew up in, yet you come off as immature, petty and insufferable. You're not reflective of some of the values you claim Tiger would only have if he were born during your time. It doesn't matter if you're a professional golfer or not, and in fact, I'd hold a typical american citizen to a higher behavioral standard than a professional athlete for myriad reasons. I just find it interesting that you repeatedly reference your age as if that should convey to everyone some modicum of wisdom and maturity, yet you call Tiger "Cheetah" and "a little bitch" which makes you sound like a child.

And I find that funny.

I also have had my fill of you and this thread, so, feel free to reply to this post with your condescension and stupid clapping smiley but I won't be here to read it.

You're missing my point.

I agree, Tiger doesn't know how to act on the golf course. I also don't care.

My point is that you keep babbling about the different age or era you grew up in, yet you come off as immature, petty and insufferable. You're not reflective of some of the values you claim Tiger would only have if he were born during your time. It doesn't matter if you're a professional golfer or not, and in fact, I'd hold a typical american citizen to a higher behavioral standard than a professional athlete for myriad reasons. I just find it interesting that you repeatedly reference your age as if that should convey to everyone some modicum of wisdom and maturity, yet you call Tiger "Cheetah" and "a little bitch" which makes you sound like a child.

And I find that funny.

I also have had my fill of you and this thread, so, feel free to reply to this post with your condescension and stupid clapping smiley but I won't be here to read it.

You know what nsw? I think you are right about everything you have said, with all due respect I beg your pardon, I just really can't stand Tiger at this point, especially what he did to his family mostly his children. Part of me wants to think that maybe Elin knew a lot more than what she is letting on and seemed to only press this when the media storm boiled up but the children will have a tough time of it I think.

Once again apolgies to you and others I may have offended

Back
Top Bottom