The "Living the G2 Life" commercials are so horrificly bad...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

• ... that I will never drink a Gatorade product again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... that I will never drink G2, even if it tastes like pu... GOOOOOOLD.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • ... that I will punch Alonzo Mourning in his lone functioning kidney if I ever see him.

• ... that I'm gonna go out and buy 5 cases of G2 'cause by bad i mean awesome!!!

• Total voters
They're pretty horrible, but if I hear "saaaaved byyyyy zeeeeroooo" much more, I might go insane.

That's the thing about watching as much sports as some of us do. You're subjected over and over (and over) again to some of the worst campaigns. They say the ads that stick with you are the best and the worst. Saved by Zero, Five Dollar Footlong, G2: these are some of the worst.

The Diane Wade one is on a different level than the Zo spot. Why are these people laughing? It's like the end of the Phelps Rosetta Stone commercial when he clicks a stopwatch and says "I told you guys. Under a minute." and everyone laughs. It makes no sense.

Incidentally, has any superstar ever had as little charisma as Phelps? I was hoping after Beijing he'd just go away for the next four years.

Incidentally, has any superstar ever had as little charisma as Phelps? I was hoping after Beijing he'd just go away for the next four years.

Little charisma and the fact that he sounds like he has marbles in his mouth when he talks.

He has a commerical where he doesn't even talk - he just stands there. But hey, he's making mucho dinero and I'm not.

They're pretty horrible, but if I hear "saaaaved byyyyy zeeeeroooo" much more, I might go insane.

AHH! This past weekend, I was watching football on fox and flipped over to cbs because the "saaaaaaaaaaved byyyyyyy zeeeeeeeerooooooo." commercail came on and I quicked went to cbs and the game went off and it sang it again! I ran away...

Bill Simmons' mini-rant on the "Saved by Zero" commercials in his recent column is worth reading.

Bill Simmons' mini-rant on the "Saved by Zero" commercials in his recent column is worth reading.
I haven't read his stuff in a little while, but looked this up. (I'm a little frustrated that he has refused to mention that the 2008 World Series even existed. I guess Boston's loss just made him too bitter to care.)

For those who don't want to sift through:
Speaking of halfway points, let's take a commercial break before the second half of the column.

Saaaaaaved byyyyyy zerrrrrr-ohhhhhhhhhh.

"Now, for a limited time only, you can get amazing zero APR financing on your favorite Toyota."

Saaaaaaved byyyyyy zerrrrrr-ohhhhhhhhhh.

"That's 0 percent financing on 11 different models! Featuring Toyota's legendary quality. No other car brand can make this offer. So hurry in now, and see how much zero can save you on a brand new Toyota."

Saved by zero! Saved by zero!

(By the way, I did that off the top of my head. We are reaching the point that I am two weeks away from stopping by my local Toyota dealership, buying a brand-new Toyota Tundra with zero APR financing, driving the car off the lot, doing a U-turn, then plowing it through the front window of the dealership at 60 mph while screaming, "SAVED BY ZERO," like the guys from "Red Dawn" screamed, "WOLVERINES!" Cut down on the ads, Toyota. We're not kidding. You know why you haven't see John Mellencamp in two years? He's trapped in the basement of some frustrated baseball fan who dressed him like the Gimp and keeps him in a trunk after hearing "Our Country" for the 700,000th time. Look, we're all ecstatic that the guys from the Fixx are getting royalties again. Just tone it down. We get it. Zero APR financing. Heard you loud and clear.)

And we're back!

He threw a little shout out to Philly in there somewhere, but yeah, between the Brady injury and the Sox loss, I'm sure he's too shell-shocked to even say anything... since you know, Boston sports is in such a shitty spot today.

I just saw that. I enjoy how he declared New York fans the new Philly fans, despite the fact that two New York teams have won in the past decade.

Can Dallas fans be the new Philly fans? It feels like it most of the time, and it's almost been ten years since the Stars' Stanley Cup. And that was a damn Stanley Cup, so it doesn't mean as much.

The Cowboys haven't won a playoff game since their last Super Bowl. The Mavericks have completed two epic stomach punches in their NBA Finals (assisted) collapse and the subsequent 67-win playoff snoozer. The Rangers are the Rangers and have won one playoff game in the history of the franchise.

It's our time!

Either Dallas or Seattle, although I'd probably go with the latter.

Let's not forget the Craig T. Nelson or Chevy Chase DirecTV spots which, much like Saved by Zero, are every fucking commercial break.

Living the G2 life in OURRRRRRR COUNTRRRRRRRRRY?

I'm glad you brought this up. Amidst the election and without Mellencamp's constant reminding, I almost forgot whose country this was.

Back
Top Bottom