The Brian Urlacher Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
brian-urlacher.jpg

Funny story about that picture you posted, though.

I was at a friend's house watching the game. That play happened, Urlacher picked off Rodgers. It was like a fucking dream come true...my favorite player intercepting my least favorite player at a crucial spot in the NFC title game.

So as Urlacher starts breaking down field I rush up right in front of the TV and start literally jumping up and down. Hard.

Well, my jumping actually dislodged one of the cables in the back of the TV and the screen went dead half way through the play. So by the time we got it plugged back in the play was over and we didn't know what happened. So I didn't even really see it.

Basically, that sums up the whole day. What a fucking nightmare.

Your team makes me sick to my fucking stomach and I hope Urlacher's mom's ghost comes back and kills all of them. With a large knife. Like a sickle or some shit.

Funny story about that picture you posted, though.

I was at a friend's house watching the game. That play happened, Urlacher picked off Rodgers. It was like a fucking dream come true...my favorite player intercepting my least favorite player at a crucial spot in the NFC title game.

So as Urlacher starts breaking down field I rush up right in front of the TV and start literally jumping up and down. Hard.

Well, my jumping actually dislodged one of the cables in the back of the TV and the screen went dead half way through the play. So by the time we got it plugged back in the play was over and we didn't know what happened. So I didn't even really see it.

Basically, that sums up the whole day. What a fucking nightmare.

Your team makes me sick to my fucking stomach and I hope Urlacher's mom's ghost comes back and kills all of them. With a large knife. Like a sickle or some shit.

Such a strange point in the game. Rodgers could have put it away right there but, instead, he goes into Favre mode and makes an inexplicable throw. Then Urlacher has an easy pick six in sight and gets tripped up by Rodgers of all people. Rodgers makes a horrible play followed immediately by a great one. Urlacher makes a great play followed immediately by a horrible one.

I think Packer fans would all have your sentiment if things had turne out differently. For a lot of us, THIS was the game of the year, with the Super Bowl win just being icing on the cake. Raji and Shields basically spared us a life sentence of non-stop shit-talking that would have followed a Bears victory.

Well, that's been my sentiment since I was four years old. That game didn't change anything. I've always wanted all of the Packers to die horrible, painful deaths by torture.

And the shit-talking will be eternal, from both sides. That's what makes the rivalry so great. There is legitimate, generations-old bad blood. If it's not the best rivalry in American sports, it's certainly very close.

i'm not an urlacher fan at all. but sorry to hear about his mom. it's never a good time to lose a loved one.

sounds like he's going to play on sunday. hope he gets a couple of sacks, causes a fumble and gets an interception.

The Vikings are worse...

That's an understatement. The Bears-Packers rivalry is THE NFL rivalry. The one that must exist as long as there is a National Football League. We hate each other, but that's the way it's always been, and we like it.

The Vikings are just a nasty, shit-talking bunch with roughly zero to back it up. Year after year we hear how they're a quarterback away from a Super Bowl, only to have their hired-gun of the moment, whether it's Cunningham, Culpepper, Favre, etc fail them at the end. The Favre crap was the nail in the coffin. I'd have big problem with the Bears leaving Chicago. But the Vikings can rot in LA for all I care.

I'm probably a rarity being a Packers diehard that actually likes the Bears. I really do. With that said, I've always thought Urlacher was overrated. He does have a knack for being in the right place at the right time though. Definitely not a top 10 defensive player though, imo.

I'm biased as all hell, but the Redskins/Cowboys rivalry is the fiercest I've ever seen. So many great playoff games fought between those two franchises, and it remains relevant considering we split almost every year. The highlight of the 2005 season wasn't so much making the playoffs as it was stealing a 13 point lead out from under the Cowboys on Monday Night Football with only minutes to go, followed by a hilarious 35-7 trouncing later in the season. And most Redskins fans will echo my opinion because we hate those arrogant bastards just that much. America's team should be in the damn capital, not in Jerryworld, and if you're going to dominate media coverage season after season, win more than one playoff game per decade.

The best rivalry in the making is undoubtedly Steelers/Ravens.

Redskins/Cowboys is a great one. No doubt.

I guess it really just comes down to how you want to look at it. There is no way of determining "greatest rivalry of all-time!" or whatever, because it's not something you can quantify.

Bears/Packers is a hell of a lot of fun, though. I'm happy that at least one of the teams I root for is in such a great rivalry. Not every sports fan can say that.

Oh, totally. The Bears/Packers rivalry is something you can't really quantify the significance/relevance of until you move to the midwest. I totally get it now. Likewise, live in Virginia for a while and you'll understand what it means to hate a team, firsthand; you can't really know how deep the roots go until you see it every day.

I never really noticed a Vikings/Packers rivalry until Favre stabbed them in the back. I remember it being fun to watch when I was a kid in the 90s though, and I'm sure it must have been intense back in the 70s, when anyone gave a shit about the Vikings. Glad to see it rekindled, even though it will probably be lopsided this year.

Back
Top Bottom