The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Ash but I also have mentally conditioned myself not to barrack for any Australian tennis player, so this is hard.

I put $5 on Barty to win at the start of the tournament. Turned it into $17.

Sometimes betting on the favorite is actually the way to go.

$12 profit, nice. Take that down to the Shop & Save, buy a small lamb shank, some potatoes, celery, onions and baby, you’ve got a stew going.

It was so awesome to watch. I thought Medvedev was gonna win in straight sets, or at least 4, but he seemed to crumble the longer it went on while Nadal is so good at long games. Only one Aus Open title, in 09, and then 13 years later he wins it again. Sick.

:sad:

The Big Three have won 62 of the last 74 grand slams. Only 8 other players have managed to win a grand slam over the course of these almost 19 years. I mean, as much as that's a testament to the greatness, longevity and sheer grit of these three, it's an indictment of the total shittiness of the Next Gen or the Next Next Gen or whatever.

Don't be too sad - Nick Kyrgios to face Canberra court on common assault charge

I've loved the bloke and loved this run, but women started sharing stories about his horrible, manipulative and abusive behaviour last year.

:sad:

The Big Three have won 62 of the last 74 grand slams. Only 8 other players have managed to win a grand slam over the course of these almost 19 years. I mean, as much as that's a testament to the greatness, longevity and sheer grit of these three, it's an indictment of the total shittiness of the Next Gen or the Next Next Gen or whatever.

I don't agree. I think those three are just on another level. I like the consistency, it throws up cool results when one of them gets beaten. I prefer it to the top level of the women's game, where it seems like a handful of the top seeds get beaten easily in straight sets every tournament, and the seeds are often changing.

Don't be too sad - Nick Kyrgios to face Canberra court on common assault charge

I've loved the bloke and loved this run, but women started sharing stories about his horrible, manipulative and abusive behaviour last year.

Oh don't worry, I wasn't exactly thrilled with the options, but my desire to always see Djoker lose is strong.

I mean, is this even unexpected? Of all of the athletes in the world for a story like this to come out about, I think I'd have put money down it would be him at some point. He's got so much emotion in him and I hope he someday finds a way to regulate it better.

Well, Serena's career is over. Did not figure it would come at the hands of Ajla Tomljanovic, and that final point was insane. How special her career has been.

Back
Top Bottom