The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Andy Roddick is a great pundit. Great match so far.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Kyrgios is/has become a bigger tosser than I could have ever imagined, to the point that I feel guilty for heaping shit on Tomic over the years.

I can't understand why people are getting so pissy over this sledge. Every sportsman ever has done a variant of the "fucked ya missus" thing.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's more the fact it's an 'oh shit there he goes again' moment, I can't imagine any other player (outside from the top 5) would garner half as much attention for something like this. And bringing Kokkinakis into this is not cool, whatever actually did happen in the past.

What an idiot and waste of talent this Kyrgios guy is.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

Sorry, but I would have done anything to have his talent growing up. His attitude is just embarrassing.

Sent from my SM-G928P using U2 Interference mobile app

Lleyton now only needs Novak, Roger, Stan and some unknown world number 500000 that would knock him out in 5 sets to win the open this year.

Good match tonight though.

Strange that he starts an Aus Open campaign with a straight sets win. Usually he wins rounds one and two in five before losing the third round in four sets.

Nadal must be struggling big time. Anyone know a good tennis stats site? Would love to know the last time he was knocked out in the first round of a grand slam.

The ATP site should have it, and so should Wikipedia. It was Wimbledon 2013.

Margaret Court Arena is an impressive place to watch tennis. They've done a super job with the refurb.

Tickets are pricy though

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Alright, I'm ready for my 2nd full year of attempting to follow Tennis.

I'm a little late, but, hey, it's OK. Kei's still in so that's all that matters, right?

I feel more favourably towards him than I used to, but I'm guessing that has just as much to do with Tomic and Kyrgios existing than Hewitt himself.

He'll make a good commentator and hopefully will push Bruce out, but I'm not going to miss his powerless puffball groundstrokes and shrill voice taking up RLA night slots.

I just don't think he works in a tennis commentating environment, football okay, but it's particularly painful listening to him annoying Jim and adding little good to the coverage. Put Hewitt with Jim and it's significantly better.

What's wrong with Bruce? He's been getting a bit weirder with age but I still love him.

He's lost the plot when it comes to commentating the footy. Don't mind him doing tennis, or the Olympics.

But modern-day Channel 7 expect their sports commentators to be especially lame and almost caricatures. Darcy, Taylor and Cometti were/are all better when commentating through different media outlets.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Yeah. I remember being super excited when 7 got the rights back for the footy but the commentary's been pretty disappointing ever since. Started when they didn't sign Sandy Roberts and Bruce and Dennis have felt like caricatures of their former selves.

Back
Top Bottom