The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kyrgios out. Don't get the hatred for Murray. He played very well tonight.

One of the first things I checked when I was looking into the Open, this afternoon, was whether or not he was still in. I think he might be the one who started to perk up my interest for the sport, last summer. Shame he's out, would've liked to have seen him do well there.

Yeah he's a very exciting player. He played pretty poorly last night though. He's already a star, has some big scalps, but being young and hot-headed he's going to be inconsistent for a while.

Yeah, he looked really smug the whole match, but maybe I was just better because I could tell he was going to win from the start, because the ESPN video was only long enough for three sets, so whoever won the first clearly won the whole thing.... Damn replay :(

Horribly anti-climactic fifth set between Stanislas and Djokovic. Was at Fed Square and the crowd was really pulling for Stan. Not sure there's much love in Melbourne for the two finalists, but it should be a great game. Novak the favourite but I hope Murray gets up, just loved the way he played against Kyrgios.

As for the women... Serena to steamroll Sharapova and continue her astonishing dominance of the women's game.

I am really glad I didn't stay up to watch Djokovic after all, holy crap. I would've been up SOOOO late.

Very excited for the women's final, though.

Yep can't see Maria winning. Serena goes to another level when the two play. She has to win the first set to stand a chance.

I thought there would be more love for Novak than Stan, anyway I'm glad Novak won, and hopefully Murray doesn't choke and the final is interesting.

FWIW, I didn't like him cause he had a cocky little look on his face the entire time he played Nishi :p

Completely engrossing first two sets (more than two-and-a-half hours) between Djokovic and Murray and then Murray turned to absolute shit mid-way through the third and gave up once he got broken in the fourth. Was shaping up to be an absolute epic and it was a terribly disappointing finish.

But on the other hand we got this, which will go down in history as one of my all-time favourite things

253D004400000578-2934265-image-a-47_1422781845700.jpg

Completely engrossing first two sets (more than two-and-a-half hours) between Djokovic and Murray and then Murray turned to absolute shit mid-way through the third and gave up once he got broken in the fourth. Was shaping up to be an absolute epic and it was a terribly disappointing finish.

But on the other hand we got this, which will go down in history as one of my all-time favourite things

253D004400000578-2934265-image-a-47_1422781845700.jpg

Murray is his own worst enemy, or better yet his HEAD is his biggest enemy. He is a talented player (mind you, should really improve his 2nd serve) but it's that mental block that often takes the best of him. I am not complaining about today's result as i am a Djoko fan, but it is unfortunate to see Andy get flat our steamrolled off the court.

Watching a non-grand slam tennis match is a quiet affair.

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

Some of his backhands were out of this world.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Great result for the game. At least nobody will be able to call him a one-slam wonder.

federerholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsservefedererholdsservedjokovicholdsserve

There have been two breaks.

Sent from my H60-L04 using U2 Interference mobile app

Back
Top Bottom