The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love:

Would most love to see Kei win it, although I'm not averse to seeing Cilic win either.

Extraordinary match between Federer and Wawrinka. The quality of tennis was outstanding start to finish. Stan was absolutely bludgeoning the ball ... Federer just hung on for dear life.

Can't wait for Federer vs Djokovic tomorrow! :hyper:

Wish Stan won, regardless of how good their form may be now I don't get that excited by Federer/Nadal/Djokovic matches these days. Been there, done that.

I feel the opposite. These are 3 of the greatest tennis players ever. The more they play against each other, the better. Especially given how Federer's coming to the end of his career.

Really want Federer to win tomorrow, but I'm not too hopeful against the near-unbeatable player Djokovic is right now.

Kokkinakis beats the number 11 seed 5-7 6-0 1-6 7-6 8-6, saved four match points in the fourth set and six break points in the fifth set tiebreaker.

AND OF COURSE I WASN'T FUCKING WATCHING IT.

Good Tennis last night. Got to see a bit of Bouchard, Federer, Maria, Kokk and Kyrigos.

So glad this year I can watch though ESPN this year. NO BRUCE and not only showing Aussie matches for the first two days. :up:

Nadal somehow manages to win, Groth knocks off Kokkinakis and Tomic wins through after two tiebreakers. Great night of tennis AND I DIDN'T SEE ANY OF IT

I just hope somebody beats him eventually so we don't have to hear about how much of a fighter/battler he is every half an hour.

Pretty sweet night of sport. Sixers were all at sea vs the Thunder and Jordan Silk dragged them home (I actually went shopping cos it looked like it was gonna be a boring ending). Lalor had 4/6 off three and went for 23 in his last over. Aussies beat China 2-0 with Cahill scoring twice and Stosur is out.

What's wrong with Stosur? I've always found her pretty respectable as far as Aussie sports stars go. Not offensive at all,

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I have completely forgotten about the Asian Cup.

I've actually taken this year's Open "off" to focus on following the Asian Cup. I've headed to 7 matches, with the Final the last match on my schedule.

Must be the first time that I haven't attended an Aus Open in over a decade. Feels kind of weird cause I usually immerse myself in it. Certainly keeping as close an eye as possible on it though,

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

I don't blame you, we're blessed with sporting events this January/February this year.

Saw some great matches today on RLA. Bouchard, Sharapova and Nadal (first two sets) and the last set an a half of a juniors game that was pretty closely contested. :up:

I think the upsets might be good for Tennis too. As big of a tennis guy that I am, I even get sick of watching the same players make the finals every time. Time for some fresh blood!

Me being me, I have decided that Kei Nishikori is my guy. Do I have to sign somewhere to make this official?

Back
Top Bottom