The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that's pretty endearing, unlike anything Tomic has ever said. :laugh:

He can take it to 5 I think.

Wow! He was playing some awesome tennis. I watched the first two and bit sets because it got to about 3am here and it looked like Nadal was stepping up and I thought he would win.

Way to go Kyrgios!

Watched the first half of the first set and it was clear that Kyrgios' game on grass was a massive handful for Nadal, and Nadal's performances on grass in recent years have been quite under par. I always thought Kyrgios was a big chance but I didn't exactly expect a 4 set win!

In some ways he has already surpassed Tomic.

I can hear the sound of Tomic gradually descending into almost complete irrelevance right now.

BrgyQLlCMAATwGC.jpg

Yeah I like both players but it's hard not to cheer for Federer here. Looks like he's losing stream though.

Sent from my 831C using U2 Interference mobile app

Federer really needs to hold here, and then go all out to try and break Djokovic. Without a final set tiebreaker, the longer this goes on the greater Djokovic's chances of winning.

I watched up until near the end of the 3rd set. Didn't keep going because I've seen enough of Federer v Djokovic and those other frequent matchups.

I guess Federer was always going to be teary eyed, as expected.

Gutted that Federer didn't win. I really don't want Nadal to win more Grand Slams than him.

No Federer, no Djokovic in the final, guaranteed new slam winner. Good for the game.

Back
Top Bottom