The all-things-tennis thread.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Men's tournament is more predictable than the women's these days, glad Tsonga is out. Never liked him.

Shame Stephens couldn't overcome AzArenkA, but what a win to Li Na/Na Li

He said that most of the WTA players were weak mentally, I think? I don't really think he had an intended malice, unlike Tipsarevic usually does.

But then didn't he have 2 MPs against Djokovic at the FO and then lose?

Shame Stephens couldn't overcome AzArenkA, but what a win to Li Na/Na Li

That was never really going to happen.

He said women are less consistent because they're mentally unstable because of hormones.

What the fuck is wrong with Ferrer?

Yeah, that's what it was. I did think he was referring to mental strength or something like that, but there are plenty of players on the ATP tour who are as weak as all hell ie. Almagro failing to serve it out twice against Ferrer a few days ago.

As for Ferrer today, Djokovic is just a level above him?

I've never hated the tennis media more than I do now. Pack of fucking wankers.

Wonderful to see Azarenka shutting up the media by winning slam #2. Great stuff.

The American media got enraged because she decided to take an MTO because she was having medical problems in the SF, some even called for her to be disqualified. This wouldn't have been as big as it was if it weren't for Stephens being the opponent in the match.

So long story short, crowd readily eat up all the shit the media cry about and act like animals towards her in the final.

I feel ashamed to live in this country sometimes.

Hi guys, I don't know a lot about tennis, but when did Tomic start being such a dick?

Also, I love Mr. Stanislas Wawrinka.

He always was, I think it began when he complained about being given second match on RLA on a night slot because it was apparently too late for him. That was in 2010 I believe.

I really like Stan too.

:bump:

What do we think of Lisicki?

I think I want to make sex upon her, but I'm not entirely sure just yet.

Yea I heard about that BBC guy. It is ridiculous! The internet gives too many creeps a chance to hide behind their computer screens and say whatever the heck they want. But the mind boggling thing here is that these are not people hiding behind usernames but people showing their real names on Twitter. Crazy!

Tennis lost this year when Nadal miraculously came back from a 6 month hiatus and was damn near better than ever before. #suspicious

Of course I'm just bitter because my favourite human being (far more important than any friend or family member, guys) saw a terrible turn in form, my very own Roger Federer.

At least I got to see him at the US Open this year. Can't imagine he'll be around for too much longer if this descent continues to pick up pace.

Hewitt has just taken the first set against Federer in the Brisbane Intl Final 6-1! what the fuck is going on! Leads 2-1 in the second! Loving it!

Cue post from Vlad n U 2 - "The Brisbane International is completely irrelevant and Lleyton Hewitt is an asshole who can't play tennis and Federer got a bit of dust in his eye in the first game which came directly from Hewitt scuffing the ground with his racquet and this is an absolute disgrace and the Fanatics are being too loud and it's not helping Federer who has an ear infection and it's affecting his back and he's playing at about 3% of his capacity"

Also yesterday we were bored. We got a small table tennis table net for Christmas, so we cleared the kitchen table, extended it, my housemate made two paddles out of wood in his garage, and then we played tennis. Me and my friend Edwina lost 4-6 6-7 (4-7) 6-1 3-6 to our friends Chris and David.

Hewitt hit 4 winners in the first set. :lol:

4 winners. This match isn't based on what he's doing, it's all on Federer's racquet but as it stands he's hit 25+ unforced errors already. He's totally off.

Back
Top Bottom