The All Purpose College Football Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if Clemson loses to Pitt, Ohio Stank loses to NW, Oklahoma loses to Texas, and Georgia loses to Alabama, according to 538 we hold the strongest odds of getting in the playoffs.

Of course 538 warns the user right as you set the last element of this scenario that it probabilistically will not happen. But hey, here’s to our current 4% being bigger than the former “<1%”!!

Glad to see all of the models (finally) have us where it seems we belong for this season (on the outside looking in). A far cry from last season.

But still in one of the 6 big bowls, so that's nice. Good for your school, financially and for recruiting, if you win.

Hey now, I can get you guys all the way up to a 22% chance of making the playoffs with that tool. You forgot about SCAR.

EDIT: All the way up to 31% chance if Utah wins out.

Oh God, just realized I'm missing the last game of our season. Fuck me, I guess I'll put myself through watching this.

Yes 100%, if we manage to win without KZ, his injury will be a blessing in disguise.

Our odds are limited, but much like how people who didn’t know Shaq Griffin was before the draft suddenly saying our team wasn’t as good without him, KZ was the excuse to our team. An exceptional QB leading a mediocre team. If they can win without him, it will continue to punch holes in arguments against us.

But it’s not about us. 2016 Houston comes to mind. Any of the teams that could and did beat good teams in their bowls. Teams that didn’t get recognized because of where they played and got assigned a second rank team in place of the top dog they deserved.

Another blessing in disguise is that KZ might actually return for his senior year. This is selfish, but this could allow the streak to continue on.

We want to be a thorn on the CFPs side until change our time is up. I’ve bitched about it for years by now. I got so lucky to have a team that matches my philosophy. An annoying arrogant loud-mouthed supporter of the little guy who wants to make a point.

lol, someone just got kicked off the field for a play because his kneepads weren't up to regulation. That's a new one to me.

Awwwww Lordie, we did it! That was a really great game, and GP at the end of it talking about how happy he was and proud. So nice. Great end to a shitty year.

Leonard Fournette's brother not only goes to LSU, not only is a RB, but his name is LANARD?!

That's amazing.

That truly is amazing. And I’m also very happy to see more room get paved. Going into championship weekend there should be 5 championship games that could have value for 3 spots - assuming the PAC12 is done for the year.

4 for 3 spots that are realistic unless all 4 viable options lose, but you know, happy to pretend.

Leonard Fournette's brother not only goes to LSU, not only is a RB, but his name is LANARD?!

That's amazing.
And wears 27.

Switched to the LSU/A&M game after seeing it was in double OT and watched the balance, crazy.

But not as crazy as the confusion that must have taken place in the Fournette home with all the kids named some variation of Leonard.
Must be like George Foreman naming all his kids George.

ESPN’s probabilitometer could not handle it last night.

To no discredit to them - obviously not intended for 7 untimed extra OTs.

IMG_8318.JPG

For the record it got worse - with it giving LSU at one point a 98.7% victory chance.

Well that victory will account for any potential loss in a NY6, but I’m excited to potentially play a team that doesn’t want to be there [emoji41]

I know Gary Patterson isn't a complete fucking idiot, but the way he handled the end of regulation was pathetic.

20+ seconds left on third down with a timeout and a running back who is repeatedly gashing the defense...and he just winds the clock down.

Once that happens, he juggles his two kickers for five minutes, throwing one out, pulling him back and putting the other out, yelling at them both. He finally settles on the one who makes 50% of his kicks and a season long of 41 to attempt a 45 yarder.

What a shock: he misses by a mile.

oZCnVZj.jpg

Was that the trophy? I can't decide if I'm upset I fell asleep halfway through the 4th quarter or not...

Back
Top Bottom