The AFL Thread Watching the Bombers Fly Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ehh I dunno. 7th and 8th already just make up the numbers most years (a certain Doggies premiership notwithstanding), and if the 10th-placed team gets up I can't imagine them being of any value in the finals except as somebody for 6th place to wallop.

In the AFL it would just mean that a majority of teams make the finals - the idea that the teams would be "playing for a place in the finals" is utter stupidity when it is also a knock-out round - and a couple of coaches might keep their jobs when they otherwise wouldn't.

If ever a quarter makes a guy think "welp, this season's going to be a bust," it was that one. Holy shit that was a demoralizing start.

Much better effort since. Though I fear the gap will be too large to overcome, the defensive pressure has been greatly improved.

You really picked a stinker of a team, but, I think Blues fans have a bit more to be excited about this season.

Fucking shattering re Rance though, and his post-match interview suggests that it's going to be an ACL :(

Very happy footy is back. Always a good time of year, this.

Well, it has been back since Feb, mate. But, I know exactly what you mean and I feel the same. I just wish the AFL wouldn't treat the AFLW like a piece of shit.

Very very happy with our win last night.

I will never stop laughing at De Goey's blunder, deciding to do the most difficult thing he could've possibly done.

Just what was he thinking!
Was sitting up that end of the ground and he should have just turned and snapped it! :madwife:

6-6-6 is a winner so far. That Cats goal after Brown put us in front mid last quarter, basically you guys killed it out of the middle in the last quarter, quick kick forward and BOOM running goal. (Can’t remember who it was) That probably wouldn’t have happened last year. Pies would have thrown an extra down back, so a thumbs up for me so far.

It was so bad. Open goal and he passed to a player further out under pressure. Sometimes you've just gotta be selfish be the big dog and kick the goal.

Well, it has been back since Feb, mate. But, I know exactly what you mean and I feel the same. I just wish the AFL wouldn't treat the AFLW like a piece of shit.

Very very happy with our win last night.

Touché. I honestly fell off watching the AFLW because the conference system is such pure garbage that I feel absolutely no investment in the tournament at all. I'm livid about it. It's like the AFL Commission is actively trying to fuck over something that, if they had even a whit of sense, they'd recognise has immense potential.

It should just run at the same time as the AFLM. The WBBL and the W-League run simultaneous with the men's comps, I see no reason why the AFLW can't.

Touché. I honestly fell off watching the AFLW because the conference system is such pure garbage that I feel absolutely no investment in the tournament at all. I'm livid about it. It's like the AFL Commission is actively trying to fuck over something that, if they had even a whit of sense, they'd recognise has immense potential.

It should just run at the same time as the AFLM. The WBBL and the W-League run simultaneous with the men's comps, I see no reason why the AFLW can't.
:up:

It should run during the Men’s season, I think next year they are up to 12 teams? Go with a standard ladder, everyone plays each other once, so what 11 rounds. Top 2 teams get a bye into Prelims, 3rd-6th play Semi finals, winners play 1st & 2nd, then have your grand final.

Curtain raisers to men’s matches, and hold the Grand Final on it’s own, so sometime around mid season in the Men’s comp when there are only 4-5 games a week give it a Saturday arvo/twilight/night spot.

It could even start in June and run till September. Think the NRL played their Women’s final on the same day as the men’s (granted a very short season and not many teams)

Exactly, it's not hard. Which is the problem. The AFL Commission can only accept a "solution" if it is needlessly convoluted or unpopular.

Wtf, I forgot to turn the game on, but I expected nothing less than a demoralizing loss, as per usual, and I missed the Lions thrash West Coast?!

It was a very strange round. Upsets almost completely across the board. Will be very interesting to see how Collingwood, Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, West Coast, Essendon and North bounce back. I expect the Pies will be totally fine (although I have heard rumblings about some off-field stuff that is a bit concerning), given they just played quite poorly and their two best players both missed a lot of footy last year. They get them firing and the rest of the team back up and they will be very, very dangerous. Dees should bounce back but that was a terrible effort.

A great first round, all things told.

For a team meant to be top-eight contenders, that Essendon effort was disgusting bottom-four shit. We could've put a stray dog in the forward line and probably got a better result.

Absolutely baffled by both Queensland teams being competitive.

I've been talking up Brisbane for years with no success; I have now resolved I must shit on them if they are to succeed.

(Also, in seriousness, "both" is the key word in the last sentence of my previous post.)

Back
Top Bottom